Kick Returners

BIGFAN4525

I guess those 40 players AE has is pure heart and soul. Are you telling me that Scott Co. has not had players with heart and soul for over 22 years. I think that last time Scott Co. was over 500 Scott Brummitt was playing. If I am wrong on that please correct me. I am only on this issue due to the remarks made by Running Riot ( a known Scott Co. Follower). He made the remark that if Scott Co. were in Region 1-3A then they would be a the top. Don't forget that when Fulton was a smaller roster they were still beating Scott Co. I don't think all that was heart and soul. I do see your point about playing with heart, but you must have tallent. The mention of Rudy was not a good one. He played 3 plays. It was a great story, but he was not a great player. I went to camp with Emmit Smith and he ran a 4.6 pro timing. He was being recruited out of Escambia High School in Pensecola Florida. Where Auburn made a huge run for him, but lost to Florida. You mention players with great tallent. Charles Barkley had a 42" verticle. Sure he was just 6'4", but weighed about 270. He was able to push many around. Dick Butkus was still strong and big. He also played with a passion. But he still had size, strength. Two of the points I made earlier. Once again, you need to have speed, size, strength, ability, and coaching.

1st thing Emmit smith did it with heart and tallent but mostly heart, The point of rudy is not how much he got to plays it bout hope and believing., Charles barkley was told all his life he couldent make it and he belived and played with heart and passion push many around shaq is 7'1 300 and change and he never pushed barkley around. Dick Butkus had no speed and of course he was strong u have to be if u wanna play in the NFL. thats all im saying

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else does he do besides kick return?

Many kids have played ball together all there lives. It all boils down to speed, size, ability, strength, and coaching.

Well...last year he played quarterback, running back, wide receiver and corner back. He's got more guts than most kids do and that's genetic. His brother Shaun Hayes was an All-Region performer back in the 2000 season when the Pioneers made it to the quarterfinals. Shaun was also a multi-talented player who saw time all over the place.

Was Shaun a QB or RB? I think he was a pretty good size kid, if I am thinking of the same kid. They had a pretty good team that year didn't they? Wasn't that the year the O Coordinator came?

Shaun wound up at RB. He was the emergency QB. That team was pretty special. The two losses to Seymour were not going to be reversed, but they very easily 9-1 going into the playoffs and the No. 2 seed.

As far as the O Coordinator, he's been around for quite a while now. He came on in the mid 90's.

That was a big team too. They had several guys with huge frames and quick feet. Even the skilled players were big.

Oh yeah. B.J. Jarvis in the backfield at 6-1, 215. He ran for 1300 yards that season. David Mabe 6-2, 230 and played sparingly on offense, but was effective when he did tote the rock. He was an All-State linebacker. Shaun Hayes was the little guy along with Joseph Bradley (whose folks moved to West Knoxville after his sophomore year where he went on to be All-KIL in Track at Bearden...boy did we miss him!)

And then Chase McBee at QB...6-5, 240...just big all the way around in many areas. Would have loved to had them all together one more season, but that's been the story at Rutledge...the really good players are always by themselves for a year or so before help comes and then they graduate and you're missing a vital cog.

Oh well...beats some things that have happened in this state as far as football's concerned I guess.