North Middle Sub State

I had heard they had a second 13u team...one coached by Wayne McGowan and one coached by Cleve Harris.

Taylor is the head coach of the 13u and McGowan is the head coach for the 14u. Harris coaches the 12u team this year. I believe he did have a group of 12u last year that was comprised mainly of incoming CPA players who needed floor time and experience for the upcomnig middle school season, but they didnt compete in aau substates.

Edited by ns234

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the Memphis Lady Eltie and the Memphis Glory will play a game to decide who gets the #1 and #2 seeds from the West. Both teams are already guaranteed a trip to state.

I believe only 3 of the former Top Gun players are playing with the Tennessee Wings/Flight. Coach Rogers sits on the bench but is not the head coach of the team.

Thanks.....Can't remember, but do the top three teams out of the substate go to the state??

Did the Sycamore Sparks disband as well? And what about TN Swoosh?

Taylor is the head coach of the 13u and McGowan is the head coach for the 14u. Harris coaches the 12u team this year. I believe he did have a group of 12u last year that was comprised mainly of incoming CPA players who needed floor time and experience for the upcomnig middle school season, but they didnt compete in aau substates.

I was under the impression that the Lady Tigers do not have a 12u team this year and that Harris is coaching a 13u team that I do believe is comprised mainly of CPA players.

No, the Memphis Lady Eltie and the Memphis Glory will play a game to decide who gets the #1 and #2 seeds from the West. Both teams are already guaranteed a trip to state.

I believe only 3 of the former Top Gun players are playing with the Tennessee Wings/Flight. Coach Rogers sits on the bench but is not the head coach of the team.

Isn't she also coaching some younger teams under the TN Stars name that will be playing in Shelbyville this weekend?

Thanks.....Can't remember, but do the top three teams out of the substate go to the state??

Did the Sycamore Sparks disband as well? And what about TN Swoosh?

Yes the sparks disbanded, not really sure why.

The realize the core of the sparks team played for sycamore middle this year and they went 24-0

two of the big girls went to u14 teams, the Lady Knights and a Father Ryan based team I believe, several play for the hoopsters and I believe two went to the tigers.

I was under the impression that the Lady Tigers do not have a 12u team this year and that Harris is coaching a 13u team that I do believe is comprised mainly of CPA players.

The TN Lady Tigers out of CPA are playing this year and have played 2 different sets of girls as 13-U in 2 tourneys that I know of for sure. Cleve is coaching them and does have an assistant or 2 with him. The 1st team that I saw at the Heritage Invitational was stronger than the 2nd team that I saw at the Phi Slamma Jamma this weekend. I know the 1st team at Heritage went 2-1 loosing to the Lady Belles and the 2nd team lost at least once to the Lady Belles and must have lost at least one other game to someone else because they were 2nd in their Pool but didn't come back to face the Lady Belles on Sunday in the semi-final game.

Yes the sparks disbanded, not really sure why.

The realize the core of the sparks team played for sycamore middle this year and they went 24-0

two of the big girls went to u14 teams, the Lady Knights and a Father Ryan based team I believe, several play for the hoopsters and I believe two went to the tigers.

What happened to the twin (I believe) girls that played for them? If they haven't ended up anywhere, have them contact me... :thumb:

I have them ranked already, but I'm just holding off on posting it until after this weekend.

Ok, ptguard12, what are your thoughts on the South Middle Sub-State? I have a feeling I know what you are going to predict, but just entertain me! If you don't already know, you have TN Wings vs. Lady Belles and SSS vs. Chattanooga Hotshots, I believe.

Let me know what your insightful thoughts are...

Cleve is coaching the 12U Lady Tigers. He's played them up as 13's. The 13's & 14's played at Creekwood this weekend and played up as 14's and 15/16's.

By the way, saw the Pride play last weekend. Looks like they've added alot of size. They looked really, really good. Should give people fits at the sub-state.

If the Wings are the "select" team coached by the Westview coach, they're going to be tough to beat.