REGION 1-3A

PLACALL

Depending on how the QB situation develops, Rutledge will be greatly improved. A stable of five solid running backs to tote the mail and a rising sophomore QB that can sling it if he's given the opportunity. Plus, they've got the best linebacker in the region bar none heading up the defense.

Just don't be shocked when the Pioneers are a lot better than most of you guys are giving them credit for.

:thumb:

Edited by KevB1990

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the Linebacker led the region. Can he take on a 230 lb tailback, can he take on a 270 lineman. When everybody on the line is on their back you can see the ball alot better. How does he compare to LB's from Fulton, AE, Carter, Seymour, and Catholic? I really don't see Rutldge being any better than last year. I had the chance to see them on film in 4 or 5 games. I did not see anyone that could take over a game, pull from defenders, nor take on these big new backs that are showing up in region 1-3A. I was looking at several sites, unapproved website.Unapproved Website, AND SCOUT.COM, and saw two of Carters lb's on there. Joe Hall, and Shane Watson, both seemed like very big kids, and with some speed. I saw Joe Hall play last year several times, and he is a punisher. I do wish them lots of luck, but the best I see them is maybe 5 or 6.

Depending on how the QB situation develops, Rutledge will be greatly improved. A stable of five solid running backs to tote the mail and a rising sophomore QB that can sling it if he's given the opportunity. Plus, they've got the best linebacker in the region bar none heading up the defense.

Just don't be shocked when the Pioneers are a lot bettet than most of you guys are giving them credit for.

<_<

are you talking about skyler as a quarterback? he is a good athlete on the field can make some big plays

LL, I don't know enough about all the teams in 1-3a, I'm more familliar with 2-3a. I just have some friends with kids at both schools and one of my friends from Webb told me that Gibbs looked the best that they had ever looked against them. I am an idiot at times but I'm not stupid enough to ever pick a Randy Carroll coached team to ever win anything. I just will tell you from what I know of 1-3a this coming season that the Eagles have as good a chance as any to win it. I think you have this years Carter team way way overated. If something were to happen and Randy stepped down, then I would most likely pick the Eagles to win the division.Gibbs has always had the players to be competitive but Randy always has chosen to go with seniors over the best players.He hasn't changed in 30 years and wont until he retires next year. I have a good friend who is a head coach at school in 2-3a and he has said for years that Randy cares more about fishing than he does football, and you can see it on the field. He told me Randy will not take his kids to camp in the off season because it gets in the way of fishing. I was told that the Dustin Moore kid Randy had a couple of years ago was a big time d-1 prospect at linebacker as far as talent goes. After a couple of years under Randy the kid couldn't have started for another high school much less a d-1 school.

are you talking about skyler as a quarterback? he is a good athlete on the field can make some big plays

Yep...talking about Skylar. In the East scrimmage he threw some nice balls that weren't always caught. Horsely was playing baseball though and that won't be the case in the fall.

As far as Denton at linebacker LL, he can handle the 230 lb. tailbacks...he did last season. The best thing about him is he covers a lot of ground and more often than not saved some touchdowns from being scored. He's that good and would be in the starting lineup at Jefferson County if he was still there.

It all hinges on how the QB play goes. I don't know how much improved things are with the center-QB exchange, but I do know things can't be worse.

And they will not be 5 or 6 in the region... :rolleyes:

Edited by KevB1990

• 2 weeks later...

Seymour- they are always very successfull in region play. From what i understand they are returning alot of big guys up-front.

Carter - Good size school with some athletes. They obviously are going to have a advantage with the size of football team and depth that they have.

Claiborne - Had a good run last year, but never really have had what you would call a good team. I wish them luck but don't think they will ever really have what it takes to be a ''real contender''

Rutledge - Known for their big cornfed boys. Had a couple bad seasons, but they never stay down for long. They have a over all strong team and lost less than 10 seniors. Watch for the strong and fast front seven to take over in a game. Also they do have the best linebacker line-up in the region.

Gibbs - Have several athletes every year. Have some quickness and are returning some experienced players this up coming season. Watch for them to make a good run at getting in the playoffs.

Union - Never have had the season they have really been hoping for. They lost some decent players and have a lot to catch up on. But never count them out.

Pigeon Forge - Returning a lot of players from last year. They had a decent season last year, but not what they are used to. They usually have a good ball team and will surprise some people this fall.

1. Seymour

2.Carter

3. Rutledge

4. Pigeon Forge

5. Gibbs

6.Claiborne

7.Union

"Also" When the upcoming seniors and juniors to be were freshman and sophmores played J.V. together, Rutledge did win every region game. Any thoughts?

LL, you said Gibbs never has the athletes to win the region in any sport. Correct me if I'm wrong but they've won more region baseball championships than any other school in their region. They also have been pretty dominate in soccor over the past few years and they always have a top notch cross country team and what about girls softball. Problem with football is they have a Randy Carroll at the helm.I'm telling you when the game gets close in the fourth qt and they need a big play Coach Jones has to shake Randy and wake him up because he's dreaming he's on the lake with a 16 year old girl baiting his hook.

LL, you said Gibbs never has the athletes to win the region in any sport. Correct me if I'm wrong but they've won more region baseball championships than any other school in their region. They also have been pretty dominate in soccor over the past few years and they always have a top notch cross country team and what about girls softball. Problem with football is they have a Randy Carroll at the helm.I'm telling you when the game gets close in the fourth qt and they need a big play Coach Jones has to shake Randy and wake him up because he's dreaming he's on the lake with a 16 year old girl baiting his hook.

The kids that play soccer hardly ever play football. That is the case at every school. As for the Baseball team they have done well, but besides the Parrott kid who else would be a big factor in football on thier current baseball team? As for track maybe Deon, but he is not very fast, but is a good athlete. Basketball is as good as the football team.

Although I like the Gibbs community, kids, and school, they must find some athletes. Besides the QB who else can take over a game? The ones they have just don't have the skills to dominate the region. Which is not the strongest region by any means.

Once again I will have to see it to believe it about Rutledge. They do though have a good football team about every 4 years. It is time, but from last years crew it does not seem hopeful.

Seymour is def. a team to look out for. They showed many signs of a good football team, but just did not manage to pull it through.

Carter should be pretty good this year. Lost alot from last year, but have enough skill to pick up the pieces.

Pigeon Forge is a team that is hard to judge. They are always good up front, but lack the skill players.

Claiborne Co. has all its skilled players back. Could be a sleeper team. They will probably make the playoffs again, but can't tell till the season gets going.

Union Co has the Coach just has to find some players.

I guess I did come off as being negative. Part of what I have started with the picking of games two years ago, is giving my opinion on things. Its not what folks always want to hear, but it is my opinion. If you notice in many of my post where I am giving some information that some teams don't want to hear, I always try to end it with a good luck, or various positive words. I will work on getting back to the LL many liked before.