Giles Co. 7, Summertown 2 - WP Rob Holley

PageMan

Summertown.....0..1..0...0..0..1...0.....2..5..8

Giles Co............0..3..0...1..0..3...X.....7..7..1

WP - Rob Holley - 5 inn - 1 R - 1 ER - 4 hits - 6 K's - 3 walks

Save - Kelby Sutton - 2 inn - 1 R - 1 ER - 1 hit - 1 K - 1 walk - 2 balks

LP - Wes Long - 1 2/3 inn - 3 R - 2 ER - 3 hits - 0 K's - 2 walks

Reliever - Logan Harville - 4 1/3 inn - 4 R - 3 ER - 4 hits - 1 K's - 1 walk

Summertown scored 1 run in the top of the 2nd as Jon Ivie doubled, advanced to third on a wild pitch, and scored on a ground out to 1b by Chris Carrington.

Giles Co. scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 1st as Brandon Myles walked, Kelby Sutton doubled, and Clint King walked. Myles scored on a single by Darin Holt, Sutton scored on a sac. fly by Rob Laxson, and King scored on an infield error as GC leads 3-1 after 2 complete inn.

GC added another run in the bottom of the 4th as Darin Holt led off with a single, stole 2nd and advanced on the play on a throwing error, and scored on a single by Rob Laxson as GC leads 4-1.

Summertown's final run came in the top of the 6th as Jon Ivie walked, advanced to 2nd on a balk, advanced to 3rd on a 4-3 ground out, and scored on another balk.

GC added their final 3 runs in the bottom of the 6th as Darin Holt reached base on an infield error, advanced to 2nd on a fielder's choice by Rob Laxson, and both Holt and Laxson scored on a triple to the left field corner by Sam Edgmon. Edgmon scored on a sac fly by Wes Rodgers to center field.

Marshall Co. hosts Giles Co. tomorrow (Thurs, 3-30) in an important district game as both are 1-0 in District 10-AA. Good luck to both teams.

Edited by PageMan

baseballplaya8, I've only seen Giles once this season so I'm not sure exactly who there ace is. I need to check last year's books to see who was good last year and has not graduated. I'm sorry that I won't make this game as Page has two games in the Riverdale Warrior Classic today (Thurs, March 30) against Liberty OH and Smyrna. As to who is the better team, I have been impressed with Marshall's play at Loretto and against Lincoln Co. Giles also looked good against Summertown and may be the better defensive team. Marshall will have the home field advantage. It will indeed be a good game. I'll be looking for the results later tonight.

Edited by PageMan

I have corrected my original post to show that Summertown pitcher Logan Harville did have a strike out and that Summertown actually made 8 errors - 5 fielding and 3 throwing. Any throw that either allows a runner to reach base or allows a runner to advance to the next base is considered an error by scoring rules.

i was at the game last nite, and i cant believe that the Giles county coach would let his team look so sloppy. most of the kids had their jerseys half tucked in and some of the players literaly walked to their positions, no hustle and to top it off some players didnt even run out the ground balls. a complete disrespect for the game. if any of those kids have any hopes of playing at the next level they should know that the lack of hustle is not tolerated. many people in this world are not so privilaged to play the best game ever invented, you owe it to the fans,your fellow teammates, and those not blessed with the oportunity to play the game, to show some appreciation by at least putting out some effort . the lack of hustle and respect for the game shown last nite was truly apalling.

Edited by mike12