Cougars End Seven Year Drought

jtbase10

JCM tonight ended a seven year drought against crosstown rival Jackson Northside as they defeated the Indians 7-3. Michael Panthofer pitched a complete game for the Cougars in picking up the victory. Xavier Miller and Chase Treadway had key hits for JCM during a 6th inning rally that saw the Cougars erase a 3-1 deficit by scoring 6 runs to pull out the victory. Congratulations Cougars!

Not to take anything away from Panthofer, but NS had the lead going into the bottom of the 6th inning. They brought in Carmichael who has never pitched and then a freshman that has only seen 2 innings of varsity play. If the Indians had left their aces Parker or Lowery in, the Cougars would probably have been facing another lose. Congratulations to the Cougars, though.

Not to take anything away from Panthofer, but NS had the lead going into the bottom of the 6th inning. They brought in Carmichael who has never pitched and then a freshman that has only seen 2 innings of varsity play. If the Indians had left their aces Parker or Lowery in, the Cougars would probably have been facing another lose. Congratulations to the Cougars, though.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts....... :thumb:

Congrats to the Cougars! It's been a long time coming! And who would have thought this would be the year or the team to do it! The Cougars are very young this year but they play with a lot of "heart". They only have (4)returning players and one of those is out w/ injuries. My hats off to the freshman for stepping up. But I really want to say how proud I am of the three returning seniors for sticking it out and showing great leadership to this young team! Keep up the hard work!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to the Cougars! It's been a long time coming! And who would have thought this would be the year or the team to do it! The Cougars are very young this year but they play with a lot of "heart". They only have (4)returning players and one of those is out w/ injuries. My hats off to the freshman for stepping up. But I really want to say how proud I am of the three returning seniors for sticking it out and showing great leadership to this young team! Keep up the hard work!

jcm -4-hardin co -2-4-18-06-

i am very impressed with this jcm team.they are a young team and they have had some rough games but they keep fighting.the freshmen are really good and getting better.and the seniors are really showing leadership.the soph and the jrs also have lotts of heart.the three freshmen are names to rember because in the comming years you will be hearing about them alot.they are logan poore-2b-rhp -ladd caldwell-cf-rhp- dj long-3b-rhp. they are exciting to watch.