Region 3-2A

reaction

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess we can get some talk goin on how every thinks the region might shake up this upcoming season. Anyone started spring practice yet? Who was hit hard with graduation? Lets hear it...

The Bucs start spring practice April the 24th. They will scrimmage Brainerd May the 5th and also have an intersquad game. Hathaway has been cleared and will be participating in Spring Drills.

Edited by CAM10

Marion hasn't started Spring Practice yet. The numbers are up this year in the weight room but how many will actually stick with it is a whole new question. We will be young at some key positions but we have pretty good athletes on the team. The good thing is that a lot of our Freshman last season saw some really valuable playing time.

I'd say the early favorites for this year are Tyner and Boyd with Marion and Sequatchie clawing for the third spot. Very similar to last year. I don't know how it will shake out but one thing is for sure.....it's less than four months till the Jamboree!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Tyner and Boyd will always be the early favorite because of there name but sequatchie is much improved. We may have lost a QB but we have a tremendas back up ready to step up . Numbers way up in weight room. Bigger line than last couple of years. Sequatchie is tired of fighting for third place. Defense looks good. Offense will come around very nice. We are Ready to play and time will only tell when everybody sees what we can do

Tyner and Boyd will always be the early favorite because of there name but sequatchie is much improved. We may have lost a QB but we have a tremendas back up ready to step up . Numbers way up in weight room. Bigger line than last couple of years. Sequatchie is tired of fighting for third place. Defense looks good. Offense will come around very nice. We are Ready to play and time will only tell when everybody sees what we can do

I really think its to early right now to be discussing this especially when most if not all the teams in the region haven't even went through a day of Spring Practice yet. I think its possible that Boyd Buchanan, Tyner, Sequatchie Co. & Marion Co. could all go into the season tied for first in the region.

Tyner Academy has to replace players such as K. Craddock, M. Mitchell, N. Jordan, K. Jones and lineman C. Taylor.

Boyd Buchanan has to replace QB/DB Weston Perry, H. Wallace and a number of other seniors who contributed. They have a bright spot in A. Hathaway but he is coming off a major injury.

Marion Co. lost a good number of players as well including V. Kinsey, C. Kopek, S. Sowder and several lineman.

Sequatchie Co. also has to replace several players most notable is the backfield of QB C. Bureau and RB's C. Whited, B. Lewis as well as a four year starter at OT in Chuck French. A lot of the younger guys I think can offset those losses Senior RB Justin Walden will bring a mixture of speed & power to the backfield as well as LB along with several other guys such as Quad Bain and Sophmores such as Brandon Ashby and Mathew Johnson will give the Indians some speed in the backfield that hasn't been seen in a couple of years. Senior Bud Christy will bring speed to both WR & DB positions. I also think there are a couple of transfers that will be playing for the Indians this season? :D I know of at least one (if he is still here) that should help at LB or DB on defense and rb or reciever for the offense.

edit

Sorry was in a hurry at the time here is my early take on Bledsoe County they probably return the most players at least at the skill postitions than any other team but they just don't have the athletes to compete with the other teams in the region other than a couple of players like DeGenero & Colvard.

Edited by Sequatchie

Nothing was mentioned about bledsoe!

They are still in region 3/2A?

I like the fact that no one is talking about us.....keep it up.

I hear that several players will re-join this year that have sat out the past couple years. Couple of linemen and a linebacker. Possible another RB.

Looking forward to the return of some speed from Rhea County as well.

Sleeper team.......won't win it all, but upset some teams this year.

The entire team is really hit the weights, strength and speed training.

Spring practice should be interesting.

Who will they play???

Polecat

I think its to early right now especially when most teams haven't even went through Spring Practice yet. I think Boyd Buchanan, Tyner, Sequatchie Co. & Marion Co. could all go into the season tied for first in the region.

Tyner has to replace players such as K. Craddock, M. Mitchell, N. Jordan, K. Jones and lineman C. Taylor.

Boyd Buchanan has to replace QB/DB Weston Perry, H. Wallace and a number of other seniors who contributed. They have a bright spot in A. Hathaway but he is coming off a major injury.

Marion Co. lost a good number of players as well including V. Kinsey, C. Kopek, S. Sowder and several lineman.

Sequatchie Co. also has to replace several players most notable is the backfield of QB C. Bureau and RB's C. Whited, B. Lewis as well as a four year starter at OT in Chuck French. A lot of the younger guys I think can offset those losses Senior RB Justin Walden will bring a mixture of speed & power to the backfield as well as LB along with several other guys such as Quad Bain and Sophmores such as Brandon Ashby and Mathew Johnson will give the Indians some speed in the backfield that hasn't been seen in a couple of years. Senior Bud Christy will bring speed to both WR & DB positions. I also think there are a couple of transfers that will be playing for the Indians this season? :ph34r: I know of one at least one (if he is still here) that should help at LB or DB.

As Long As Boyd and Tyner are in that region everyone else is playing for Third and fourth. Edited by CAM10

I like the fact that no one is talking about us.....keep it up.

I hear that several players will re-join this year that have sat out the past couple years. Couple of linemen and a linebacker. Possible another RB.

Looking forward to the return of some speed from Rhea County as well.

Sleeper team.......won't win it all, but upset some teams this year.

The entire team is really hit the weights, strength and speed training.

Spring practice should be interesting.

Who will they play???

Polecat

Interesting to hear that kinda outlook

I have heard they have had a couple more kids in weightroom than last year!

I really think its to early right now to be discussing this especially when most if not all the teams in the region haven't even went through a day of Spring Practice yet. I think its possible that Boyd Buchanan, Tyner, Sequatchie Co. & Marion Co. could all go into the season tied for first in the region.

Tyner Academy has to replace players such as K. Craddock, M. Mitchell, N. Jordan, K. Jones and lineman C. Taylor.

Sequatchie Co. also has to replace several players most notable is the backfield of QB C. Bureau and RB's C. Whited, B. Lewis as well as a four year starter at OT in Chuck French. A lot of the younger guys I think can offset those losses Senior RB Justin Walden will bring a mixture of speed & power to the backfield as well as LB along with several other guys such as Quad Bain and Sophmores such as Brandon Ashby and Mathew Johnson will give the Indians some speed in the backfield that hasn't been seen in a couple of years. Senior Bud Christy will bring speed to both WR & DB positions. I also think there are a couple of transfers that will be playing for the Indians this season? :rolleyes: I know of at least one (if he is still here) that should help at LB or DB on defense and rb or reciever for the offense.

Sorry was in a hurry at the time here is my early take on Bledsoe County they probably return the most players at least at the skill postitions than any other team but they just don't have the athletes to compete with the other teams in the region other than a couple of players like DeGenero & Colvard.

HMMMM! Bledsoe returns more players at skill positions than any other team in region!

These same players that domanited all throughout little league and the best seasons ever in middle school ,And you say it is the lack of athletes that is the problem <_<:lol::lol: LOOK AGAIN MY FRIEND!!!!!!

Look at the top of our program to see what the problem is and the answer is clear we have leaders in our system that POINT BLANK care more about their personal gain than our children.

Edited by volhead