Catholic will take state

italian stallion01

The comment on the colleges was not meant as an insult. It was merely a question. I've gone through the process and I didn't consider myself as being recruited when I was a sophmore just because I got a brochure or general information. That wasn't the point of my comment. I have much respect for CAK's program and was not trying to knock them at all either. I merely was stating that had Catholic been in CAK's division the last 3 years those championships might be a little different. I'll stress MIGHT for those who are a little uptight about the rival. My main comment was to a keeper for my old team that seems to enjoy making big and bold predictions even though his side hasn't proven anything yet. I'd like to see a little more passion out of Catholic, like I saw in the preseason, and something more than a tie against a CAK team that lost 60% of their scoring power from last year before you start making predictions on state. I've seen you play Stallion and you are a good keeper, but as a sophmore you need to understand that making comments like that will only get other team fired up to play you. With the way I saw your side come out the other night, I'm not so sure you want that. Just keep training and playing hard and the rest will take care of itself. Your talking, as a keeper, should not be on coacht telling everyone you will beat them, but rather to your teammates on the field as a leader in the goal. Ask your 2 time All American, goalkeeper coach.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea it is..i dunno ive had alot of diff. offers. wake forest, northwestern, couple d2 schools im not sure yet. but im only a sophomore so ill prob get more. i played on b tarrs club team. im best friends with him. ive known him since he came to america. it was sad tsee him go i havent seen hime in like 2 months now. i hardly ever talk to him cause hes always busy

if you go to college ill be proud of you joey.

I love you catholic guys, I've played with you and against you but after what I saw Friday, I think you might be underestimating CAK, The boys can play and will be in the thick of things and you will have to play them to get to state and in state( of course in the finals)

BigExpress I think you know what I meant when I said 60%. I think you know I was exagerrating a bit. For those who didn't understand my comment I was referring to Brandon Tarr. You know, the guy who scored every big goal for CAK last year it seemed. Also whether its 60 or 37, losing a third of your scoring with one guy leaving is tough to compensate for. CAK is still tough though. On another note I wanna say good job to my boys from Catholic on rebounding and beating Oak Ridge the other night. I don't know how good the Ridge is this year, but its a nice win none the less. Good job fellas keep it up.

BigExpress I think you know what I meant when I said 60%. I think you know I was exagerrating a bit. For those who didn't understand my comment I was referring to Brandon Tarr. You know, the guy who scored every big goal for CAK last year it seemed. Also whether its 60 or 37, losing a third of your scoring with one guy leaving is tough to compensate for. CAK is still tough though. On another note I wanna say good job to my boys from Catholic on rebounding and beating Oak Ridge the other night. I don't know how good the Ridge is this year, but its a nice win none the less. Good job fellas keep it up.

Yeah, I know and understand. He did score some big goals. Finding the back of the net for any team can be a difficult task. This year, without Brandon, we are starting to, but not where we need to be yet.

Lol, well Catholic is actually pretty good. CAK and Catholic will probably battle it out during district and there after. That is if there are no surprise teams from the same district, which happen every year. :thumb:

I think that Catholic is a much better team than CAK...i am just not sure about state....who are the top contenders for catholic's state battle?

I think that Catholic is a much better team than CAK...i am just not sure about state....who are the top contenders for catholic's state battle?

Curious, who do you play for?

The top contenders really has to do with the seeds for state. If Catholic makes it to state, it is quite possible that they wouldn't face Notre Dame, or FRA, or CSAS, or whomever is the top team, until the finals because of the bracket situation.

CAK (0) - Catholic (0)

much better???

Well, when it comes to teams playing their rivals strange things can happen. Teams that skill wise if you didnt know them so well you would beat them by two or three goals. However, once one is familiar with a team and have played them through the years the team that is not as good can tie and even better a much better team. This is why there are upsets. Catholic is much better and i stand by that.