Top Five Teams in the State

ydet

BGA shouldn't be on that list. I mean BGA lost to Hendersonville and Blackman, right. Brothers shouldn't be on it either, cause they lost to both Farragut and Bearden, right. I do have my facts straight, dont I.

OH WAIT...

I really just chose Div AAA, even though the question posed no matter what div, etc.... I only know of AAA, however, BGA did beat Blackman, but Blackman was missing 4 key starters, two seniors, a very good sophmore and a freshman.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really just chose Div AAA, even though the question posed no matter what div, etc.... I only know of AAA, however, BGA did beat Blackman, but Blackman was missing 4 key starters, two seniors, a very good sophmore and a freshman.

Yes you did lose to BGA, you also lost to Smyrna. I'm not trying to be mean but Smyrna was terrible. And since you've gotten your starters back, who have you beaten, Oakland, Mt. Juliet. Your best win came in beating Riverdale by one goal after they had played three games in only two days.

Edited by ydet

Yes you did loose to BGA, you also lost to Smyrna. I'm not trying to be mean but Smyrna was terrible. And since you've gotten your starters back, who have you beaten, Oakland, Mt. Juliet. Your best win came in beating Riverdale by one goal after they had played three games in only two days.

we also beat smryna with all of our players and we also played the same amount of games that was our 3rd as well as riverdales not to mention the goal the scored came ona questional PK call so dont give me that they played 3 games because so did wewe have won 4 straight since we have gotten our starters back i dunno if we are one of the 5 best but we have to be close

3 points reagarding this post:

1. Coach Mike Irby is the Coach of Houston High

2. Under his guidence he led The Mustangs to back to back National Championships. The 2 best high school teams I have ever seen in the state of Tn.

3. Houston will always be a factor in post season. Just like Brentwood,Hendersonville, Bearden

sorry brain fart

coach wolf is the assistant right

Yes you did loose to BGA, you also lost to Smyrna. I'm not trying to be mean but Smyrna was terrible. And since you've gotten your starters back, who have you beaten, Oakland, Mt. Juliet. Your best win came in beating Riverdale by one goal after they had played three games in only two days.

Hey, Blackman played three games in two days to. Riverdale is a very good team and Blackmen ended up beating them so why dont you just give Blackmen some credit.

We played the same amount of games Riverdale did, so get your facts straight. Blackman didn't make it to the semi-finals for nothing last year. Riverdale only had one shot on goal in the first half, that was a PK, and only three other shots in the second half. Wheather you think 4 starters coming back makes a difference or not is your opinion. Blackman may not be the best in the state, but they are prettty good, and at least deserve a mention in the top 5 for AAA, which is what I said before. I don't know the other teams in AA or A, and I am quite sure that are teams there that could beat Blackman, but anyone could beat anyone on any given day.

Edited by BlackmanSoccerDad

We played the same amount of games Riverdale did, so get your facts straight. Blackman didn't make it to the semi-finals for nothing last year. Riverdale only had one shot on goal in the first half, that was a PK, and only three other shots in the second half. Wheather you think 4 starters coming back makes a difference or not is your opinion. Blackman may not be the best in the state, but they are prettty good, and at least deserve a mention in the top 5 for AAA, which is what I said before. I don't know the other teams in AA or A, and I am quite sure that are teams there that could beat Blackman, but anyone could beat anyone on any given day.

Yeah, actually Riverdale had two shots on goal in the first half if you include the PK. I think both teams are very good and they both should be in the state tourrnament at the end of the year. It was a great game and this rivalry will only get better as the season goes on.

Sorry about the three games in two days thing. I was getting my info from Eurosport and apparently it is wrong. Anyway, I'll also agree that Blackman is in AAA top five, but that isn't what this topic is for. I know that Blackman is good, I've played them, I just don't think that they're good enough to be in the top five in the state (no Division or Location regarded).

And you still only beat Smyrna 3-2.

Sorry about the three games in two days thing. I was getting my info from Eurosport and apparently it is wrong. Anyway, I'll also agree that Blackman is in AAA top five, but that isn't what this topic is for. I know that Blackman is good, I've played them, I just don't think that they're good enough to be in the top five in the state (no Division or Location regarded).

Thanks for the compliment. The Smryna game wasn't even close as the score indicated. They had one shot on goal in the first half from 35 yards out and was just miss timed by the goal keeper, but it was a rocket of a shot. In the second half the goal that was scored wasn't even a shot, defender cleared it, it ricochet off a defender and looped over the goal keeper. I think they may have had two additional shots on goal, but not really any challenging shots. Domination was very evident. Coach sub a lot and took out key players in the second half, then re-entered them when they got the second goal.

Who do you play for? Was it BGA? If it is I definatly agree that they should be in the top 5. You guys are very talented and will go a long way.

As for the Smyrna game, we came out and played well at the beginging then after the first goal was scored we got a little rattled, but regained our focus. I am not sure what happened on the first goal because I was not in, but the secound goal was just one of those unlucky things that you throw your hands up and say, "what can you do"

back to teh subject at hand i think BGA should be considered in that top 5 i also think my team blackman can make a run for that 5th spot we just recently started playin with our full roster and i thikn we are really starting to come together as a team earlyer then last year even and everyone knows teh typical blackman problem scoring goals this year i think our offence is playin much better and should cure taht problem to an extent so watch out for blackman dont deserve to be metioned as a top 5 yet but by the end of teh year i think we will