Temple Football?

football time

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw Temples players are gonna stay and they ought to have about 30 players next year. We got some athletes comin in some have already enrolled. Temple ought to have a good year next year.

The only person leaving for McCallie is Wadley, nobody else ... even his sons stayin.

Got some athletes coming in? That sounds kind of strange. What exactly does coming in mean? The middle school team has not been good the last few seasons. If they end up with good players then I am curious where they are coming from.

Got some athletes coming in? That sounds kind of strange. What exactly does coming in mean? The middle school team has not been good the last few seasons. If they end up with good players then I am curious where they are coming from.

Same here Ches. So far I have heard they are getting a 6-5 kid from Hixon. A QB and a big lineman from somewhere else. Must be nice.

just because they are getting "new kids" doesn't mean they are recruiting. They have had some success and that brings interest. Hopefully Temple football can make it past the post Skogen years that will come in a few years. Joey should be pretty tough next year with a little more size and experience. Seth will be awesome IF they have a QB.

just because they are getting "new kids" doesn't mean they are recruiting. They have had some success and that brings interest. Hopefully Temple football can make it past the post Skogen years that will come in a few years. Joey should be pretty tough next year with a little more size and experience. Seth will be awesome IF they have a QB.

I don't think the administration or coaches are recruiting at Temple. How are these kids going to be eligable to play if they played at another school the year before. Friendship had several sitting out last year that came from Lebanon, they will be eligable this year. Want the players coming in have to set out this year and play the next, unless they move in from another state, or county.

I don't think the administration or coaches are recruiting at Temple. How are these kids going to be eligable to play if they played at another school the year before. Friendship had several sitting out last year that came from Lebanon, they will be eligable this year. Want the players coming in have to set out this year and play the next, unless they move in from another state, or county.

not if they are coming from the local middle schools. Are the Skogens staying? I keep hearing different things. If you really know please respond. I would hate to see them go.

1.The Skogens are not going anywhere, they will stay with Temple, feast or famine. (And believe me there has been plenty of each!)

2. There are two new kids as of right now, one is from Hixson but did not play any sports last year, he has been at Temple for most of the second semester. He is a good athlete about 6'5", good speed, good hands, will play opposite of Seth giving us two good deep threats. He also will play basketball, and although not a great shooter, he gets almost every rebound he wants to get and sticks it back well. If he plays that way, he will see a lot of time. Very good jumper. The other kid's family has moved to the area and his father went to the University some years ago. Great kid, 6'2" and happens to play QB and can throw it very well. He is probably a better basketball player than a football player, good shot and great hops. But that's it. I wish there were some big lineman that moved to town and wanted to go to Temple, but alas those are just rumors.

3. Temple will be competitive and will again struggle with low numbers forcing 9-10 kids to play without rest, tough to win with that scenario but we will do our best.

4. We will miss Dan's leadership, he has served Temple well and we have been blessed to have him, best to Dan and the Blue Tornado!