Best Baseball Teams in TN

brthrsbaseball620

Really, let us face it:

I am an east tennessee guy (public school) that has never seen USJ play. It appears that you are a very good team according to the scores and the caliber of the teams that you have beaten. I know you are tired of hearing this, but do you really think it is fair competing with public schools with some of the obvious advantages you have. Do not tell me you don't have an advantage in recruiting and facilities (which I would take also). Don't get me wrong, I am all about competition but you have just moved up from A to AA and are doing extremely well. Is this not at least a little bit odd that you have not missed a beat. I mean, come on, their is recruiting in public schools, but it is a lot easier in the private landscape to do it legally also. Think about this when you get on here and brag about your school. I guarantee you getting a team to compete at AA public school is a lot tougher than what you have to do being a private school. Really, don't give me any lame excuses, is so go to DII.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, let us face it:

I am an east tennessee guy (public school) that has never seen USJ play. It appears that you are a very good team according to the scores and the caliber of the teams that you have beaten. I know you are tired of hearing this, but do you really think it is fair competing with public schools with some of the obvious advantages you have. Do not tell me you don't have an advantage in recruiting and facilities (which I would take also). Don't get me wrong, I am all about competition but you have just moved up from A to AA and are doing extremely well. Is this not at least a little bit odd that you have not missed a beat. I mean, come on, their is recruiting in public schools, but it is a lot easier in the private landscape to do it legally also. Think about this when you get on here and brag about your school. I guarantee you getting a team to compete at AA public school is a lot tougher than what you have to do being a private school. Really, don't give me any lame excuses, is so go to DII.

if they are a private school in DI that means they dont give financial aid which makes them a DI school. There is recruiting everywhere you go, but ill agree most private school facilities are better. (note i said most not all) By the way, the biggest recruiting operation i have ever seen was at germantown high school about 5 years ago and if you dont know what im talking about your really missing on a good laugh. Recruiting or some form of goes on EVERYWHERE, theres no stopping it, but i guess seperating the schools lets public school people sleep better knowing they dont have to compete with some of the best to win a championship.

if they are a private school in DI that means they dont give financial aid which makes them a DI school. There is recruiting everywhere you go, but ill agree most private school facilities are better. (note i said most not all) By the way, the biggest recruiting operation i have ever seen was at germantown high school about 5 years ago and if you dont know what im talking about your really missing on a good laugh. Recruiting or some form of goes on EVERYWHERE, theres no stopping it, but i guess seperating the schools lets public school people sleep better knowing they dont have to compete with some of the best to win a championship.

My point was probably not delineated too well. Their is no way you can tell me that private schools do not have the advantage for what they can offer. I went to a private school in my early years and then public later. There is no doubt the education is better. But I know that if you compared every private to public you would find more transfers to private vs. public (sport specific). You are REALLY kidding yourself if this is not true.

I have seen both teams play twice this year and I would have to take USJ Two out of three because of USJ's dominate pitching and hitting. I haven't seen the explosivness out of CBHS as I have USJ.

CBHS might have an edge on defense,but USJ hits the ball all over the field.The only thing that I think can beat USJ is a slow junk ball Pitcher!

I have seen both teams play twice this year and I would have to take USJ Two out of three because of USJ's dominate pitching and hitting. I haven't seen the explosivness out of CBHS as I have USJ.

CBHS might have an edge on defense,but USJ hits the ball all over the field.The only thing that I think can beat USJ is a slow junk ball Pitcher!

Foul Ball, are you coming out to Briarcrest to watch USJ tonight or is there another game of interest in Memphis tonight?

Rankings are worth about as much to high scool baseball as a meat freezer is to an eskimo!!! I'd match up USJ's no. 1 & 2 with anyone in any classification in TN, and like my chances. CBHS is dominant, but they would not dominate the best USJ has to offer.

LOL - USJ has always had a tough program. :D

Foul Ball, are you coming out to Briarcrest to watch USJ tonight or is there another game of interest in Memphis tonight?

No We havn't seen Covington play yet I think we decided to see how they are. We have to usally go out of the county to see good games not to say there aren't good teams in they Metro area but not enough competition for the dominate teams.

We have seen a few other Tn teams in your area.Dyer Co., Lexington, and Brighton. the best Competition for your team would be Dyer Co. They have a real power pitcher that signed already with Memphis and a fairly good defensive team they lack in the hitting part of the game, but it would be a challenge for both of ya'll.

We will be @ the Bartlett game though I think ya'll should take em.

I have a meeting in the morning in Nashville and we might check out Lipscomb & BGA

Good Luck on the rest of the season. :D

Edited by Foul Ball

No We havn't seen Covington play yet I think we decided to see how they are. We have to usally go out of the county to see good games not to say there aren't good teams in they Metro area but not enough competition for the dominate teams.

We have seen a few other Tn teams in your area.Dyer Co., Lexington, and Brighton. the best Competition for your team would be Dyer Co. They have a real power pitcher that signed already with Memphis and a fairly good defensive team they lack in the hitting part of the game, but it would be a challenge for both of ya'll.

We will be @ the Bartlett game though I think ya'll should take em.

I have a meeting in the morning in Nashville and we might check out Lipscomb & BGA

Good Luck on the rest of the season. :thumb:

Good luck in your travels, be safe and I hope you see some great high school baseball!