Perfection by Clayton Gant!

necvol

Clayton Gant threw a PERFECT GAME as the Bruins defeat Ripley 10-0 in 6 innings. USJ's bats came to life (15 hits) in support of Clayton (9 K's), helping to put the sanctions deep into the rear view mirror.

Do you think the Jackson Sun thinks the Bruins can compete in AA against powerhouses Ripley/Covington now?

I'm here to tell all of AA, if the Bruins bats come to life like we know they can, this team will be close to unbeatable!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clayton Gant threw a PERFECT GAME as the Bruins defeat Ripley 10-0 in 6 innings. USJ's bats came to life (15 hits) in support of Clayton (9 K's), helping to put the sanctions deep into the rear view mirror.

Do you think the Jackson Sun thinks the Bruins can compete in AA against powerhouses Ripley/Covington now?

I'm here to tell all of AA, if the Bruins bats come to life like we know they can, this team will be close to unbeatable!!!

I've got to say, that was complete domination over one of the premier teams in West TN. Ripley had one hit in two games vs. USJ. Moving to AA blues? I don't think so.

What`s the riff with the Sun?

VG, did you read the Sun's Sports section today? I thought it was uncalled for them to keep beating a dead horse about the TSSAA sanctions. Two more articles today that basically said the same thing over and over. Didn't even recognize that USJ has already beaten Covington twice this year. IMO, poor articles in poor taste!!!

VG, did you read the Sun's Sports section today? I thought it was uncalled for them to keep beating a dead horse about the TSSAA sanctions. Two more articles today that basically said the same thing over and over. Didn't even recognize that USJ has already beaten Covington twice this year. IMO, poor articles in poor taste!!!

This coming from a USJ supporter who knows full well that The Jackson Sun has catered to, stoked your egos and kissed USJ's butt forever and you take offense when they put one or two negative articles in the paper about your sanctions. Get over it and grow up!!!!!!!

This coming from a USJ supporter who knows full well that The Jackson Sun has catered to, stoked your egos and kissed USJ's butt forever and you take offense when they put one or two negative articles in the paper about your sanctions. Get over it and grow up!!!!!!!

That is just it, we are over it and it is time for you and The Sun to get over it also!!!

Now, back to the theme of this thread. Great game Clayton Gant and the Bruins!!!

Clayton sure had great control of his pitches tonight. He was placing the ball well and his fastball had a little extra zip on it. Didn't see anyone with a gun but I bet he broke 90 a couple of times.

Claton did pitch well, perfect but even if he hadn't Ripley had no answer for the Bruin bats and it was not for lack of trying. The problem with the Sun is not that they keep mentioning the sanctions but that they fail to recoginize this year's acomplishments to date. That is the news now, not the past. How about some creative up to date reporting.

I drove 82 miles to see batting practice. Looking at Mondays game between these two I would of thought it would be a better game. Ripley don't have a legit hitter on the team.USJ's ace did throw a perfect game they are strong . I haven't seen a hitting seminar like that in a long time. Where was Ripley's number one pitcher? He wasn't there I guess,cause what I seen if thats all they got their in deep trouble. Last night USJ could not hit the ball very well off the lefty,but tonight is was actually batting practice.

I believe that USJ can hang with GT and CB from here in Memphis.

Edited by Foul Ball

I drove 82 miles to see batting practice. Looking at Mondays game between these two I would of thought it would be a better game. Ripley don't have a legit hitter on the team.USJ's ace did throw a perfect game they are strong . I haven't seen a hitting seminar like that in a long time

Foul Ball, did you come from Memphis?

We have all been waiting all year for the bats to come to life. We were beginning to think it would be small ball all year. It's been tough on us old folks sweating through 1-0, 2-1, 3-0, etc., all season. I am hopeful the bats have awaken and will stay awake!!!

What's even more amazing about Clayton's performance is that he was/is sick with a 101 degree temperature and has been throwing up since the game was over!!!