Broken Bats

softballmom11

:thumb: Rockettechs are great a game time bat the one's I have seen broken were used for batting practice off pitching machines and not broken in right with real softballs rotated 1/4 turn after each hit. My kid used a 2004 model for two years with no problems it went dead at the end of last summers season. I bought her a new model back in Feburay and now she uses her old one for BP.

If you look at the paper work with the new bats it gives instructions for break in and temps they should be used at. Seems like a $200 bat would be for all weather, BP and game time. I guess if they lasted forever they could not sell us new bats every season :thumb: .

I think the NFHS (and ASA) must get some kind of cut from the bat manufacturers. They change the rules on legal bats every year. You might buy a bat today that's legal, and tomorrow it's on the banned bat list.

Seems to me that some of these teams could USE a little more pop in their bats. I have seen ONE hit this year that would be a home run on most fields, but wasn't at this particular field. I've also seen a game where no ball was hit out of the infield the entire game. I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to use doctored bats or those that might be potentially dangerous, but the ones they're using now are pretty dead.