Another Win for William Blount

TG24

Every year I am amazed at how many points the Governors score during the regular season. I am also amazed that I never see many of their kids running in the state championships. Last year I saw two boys run, and two girls. How could a team that scores so many points and wins so many meets have that few of athletes in the the State Championships? I know in track numbers are the way to win, but they still have some good athletes that could compete at the state level.

Every year I am amazed at how many points the Governors score during the regular season. I am also amazed that I never see many of their kids running in the state championships. Last year I saw two boys run, and two girls. How could a team that scores so many points and wins so many meets have that few of athletes in the the State Championships? I know in track numbers are the way to win, but they still have some good athletes that could compete at the state level.

Danielle Sampley is a big contributor (she competes and usually wins in 5 or 6 events) to this team and the last two years she has been injured early at state and has been unable to compete in the State Championships. If she can stay healthy she should be a force for WBHS.

Danielle is a tremendous athlete and a great kid who definitly deserves a chance to compete at state healthy.

Danielle did not get to compete at the state meet last year. She was qualified in the long jump, 100 hurdles, 100 & 200. As she was also competing in the state pentathlon, she sprained her ankle and could not compete in Memphis. She was at the meet , on crutches, to cheer on her friends. Thank you for the well wishes and hopefully this year things will be better.

Danielle did not get to compete at the state meet last year. She was qualified in the long jump, 100 hurdles, 100 & 200. As she was also competing in the state pentathlon, she sprained her ankle and could not compete in Memphis. She was at the meet , on crutches, to cheer on her friends. Thank you for the well wishes and hopefully this year things will be better.

Tell Danielle that her fan club founder will be will be cheering her on!

This year SHOULD be different. I expect us to at the very least finish in the top 5 in girls, boys top 10. Coach Frary is doing a wonderful job this year, as always. Danielle is a great runner, she may win 3 or more at state this year if she can stay healthy. She is also a great person, though. I've never seen her without a smile on her face. I'll be there in Memphis to cheer them on! Can't look to far ahead, though. Big meet today at UT.

Edited by TG24