Substate Results ?

Anyone know the north middle 15s results?

1. TN Team Pride (Coleman)

2. TN Flight

3. Memphis Lady Elite

I watched the game between the Flight & Elite, was a very good game until the end, officiating took Elite out of their game and the coach of the Elite ended up getting ejected after his team received several bad calls on the end.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Flight vs Elite game. I was for neither team but was very surprised how the Elite coach acted in this game. I felt the officials let both teams play and both teams had a player get a T. I ask the gym supervisor after the game to tell me the foul ratio. He then took me to the scores table and we counted the fouls, 24 called on Memphis Elite and 23 called on Tennessee Flight. That is counting the 3 T's the Elite team recieved so Flight had more fouls called on them. The Flight team to me is a better team than the Elite and before the coach got tossed from the gym the game was in hand by the Flight up by 8 or 9 points and shooting two FT's to extend it to a double figure game with 3 minutes to play. The 15 under state is wide open due to I think either of these two teams could upset the Pride 15 under team.

I was at the Flight vs Elite game. I was for neither team but was very surprised how the Elite coach acted in this game. I felt the officials let both teams play and both teams had a player get a T. I ask the gym supervisor after the game to tell me the foul ratio. He then took me to the scores table and we counted the fouls, 24 called on Memphis Elite and 23 called on Tennessee Flight. That is counting the 3 T's the Elite team recieved so Flight had more fouls called on them. The Flight team to me is a better team than the Elite and before the coach got tossed from the gym the game was in hand by the Flight up by 8 or 9 points and shooting two FT's to extend it to a double figure game with 3 minutes to play. The 15 under state is wide open due to I think either of these two teams could upset the Pride 15 under team.

From what I understand the Elite coach was upset because one of the Flight players called the young lady who was initially t'd up a b---- and felt she as well should have received a technical or no call made at all.

The refs did let them play but toward the end the calls started swinging more toward the Flight which resulted in that 8 point lead. I wasn't for either team, but I don't think either one of these teams were better than the other, they were pretty evenly matched.

I don't see an upset happening, TN Pride is very well coached and it will take more than name calling to ruffle feathers on this team.

Edited by jazzypha24mom

who's the coach of the elite 15u team, how do you get 3 T's in one game.

[/quote

I'm not going to defend or condemn the actions of the coach because I wasn't there. However, I will comment on the concept of having what amounted to a State tournament for a sub-state. There is no reason the Elite or Flight, or Pride for that matter, should have been meeting in sub-state games to start with, and had to travel 2 weekends in order to complete the sub-state. Further complicating things is the sub-state is run by a Flight coach. By my count, 2 of the 4 substates and 2 state tournaments covering 4 of the 8 age groups, are in some way linked to the Flight organization. I'm not insinuating any kind of foul play, as I know and like all of the people involved here. It just puts you on the defensive to start with when you are playing what should be a substate home game in a visitors gym. You somewhat expect this in a state tournament but not in a sub-state. There were a lot of factors that contributed to the environment of that game, some carrying over from the previous weekend's games which I did see, some which happened with the refs attitudes before the game even started, and some with the performance of the refs in that game. Both coaches told me the refereeing was not what it should have been. My point is that your top 3 teams in the state by most people's account just played a round robin in a sub-state. Hopefully, this situation will be cleared up in the next AAU meeting. And I would encourage the Flight fans to pause before criticizing another organization's coaches' behavior, unless you are prepared to honestly discuss your own. Some of my Flight buddies have been known to get tossed themselves.......

Edited by elitebball

this sounds very complicated for just a few basketball games. how do things become this complex? what do you mean the teams should have not been playing each other to begin with? did the flight coach who was running the tournament cheat, show favoritism or something, seems like that would be hard to do. your statements are a little confusing, if you are not insinuating anything then what are you saying? the tn teams play different if the flight is linked to the tournament, the teams still have to perform and make shots. what is the situation that needs to be cleared up at the next aau meeting?

what coach and how do you get 3 T's in one game was never answered.

Yes all programs have coaches that at one time or another have been tossed from a game. Matter of fact a coach from my program was tossed two weeks earlier at the Boo Williams tournment but never was anything said to anyone after the ref ask him to leave. He picked up his stuff and left the gym like he was asked. All programs have also had fans at one time or another that have been tossed from a game. Now by putting a coach of mine in the same sentence of acting and use of words that was used in front of kids, parents, and others then NO we haven't had coaches act like this elitebball.

Now in terms of the substate being ran by a Flight coach? Yes, Phil Carr works in the Flight program but I speak for all that the North Middle substate is ran better than any substate and there is no favoritism shown to any team. The weekend before Flight played Pride and Pride won the game and nothing was said by either team.

Now having to play over three weekends, Yes the Flight team played three weekends in a row. If you really want to know the staff and players really didn't care much about coming back and playing this past weekend either but we did casue that what the schedule said and never was a word said.

It has been made to believe that elite was the only team that had to travel to North Middle to play, No Flight was schedule to play in the South Middle substate but was moved to North Middle. Is that where we wanted to play, NO and hopefully next year that can be fixed but it didn't cause anyone in our prgram to explode and loose our head.

I really didn't pay attention when all the happenings were happening during the game but after watching the tape and hearing words that were said and hearing from others things that were said and done then if we want to open this up for disscussion and call people out then I can do so also. Phil Carr is as honest of a person that you will ever meet. I think he is being totally disrespected by even writing or thinking in anyway that he would be apart of any wrong doing. It is very obvious to anyone that watched the game that there was no wrong doing done and just take your loss and get ready for the state. The officials of the games have been calling AAU state tournaments for the past 10 years. The game was called the same on both ends and that is all you can ask for by a official. I really don't need to go into deep discussion of things that after watching the game tape that was said loud enough to hear it 30 minutes down the road in Nashville. If we are going call people out then be prepared to get called right back on. I am done with this disscussion and have done a great job this year of staying off these boards and will continue to stay away from them and hope that when my coaches talk to people on this matter they said what they really feel to them on the phone instead of saying one thing and writing something different.

Tennessee Flight Nike Basketball

tennesseeflight@hotmail.com

www.tennesseeflight.com

Edited by showtime7

this sounds very complicated for just a few basketball games. how do things become this complex? what do you mean the teams should have not been playing each other to begin with? did the flight coach who was running the tournament cheat, show favoritism or something, seems like that would be hard to do. your statements are a little confusing, if you are not insinuating anything then what are you saying? the tn teams play different if the flight is linked to the tournament, the teams still have to perform and make shots. what is the situation that needs to be cleared up at the next aau meeting?

what coach and how do you get 3 T's in one game was never answered.

My you sure do ask a lot of questions!! I don't know what the name of the coaches are for the Elite, nor I do know anything about the Elite.

This game actually had 4 T's, a Flight player was t'd up in the first half. I think you get this many t's when the game has gotten out of control and the referees are now trying to regain their control. Both of these teams were very aggressive and they both came to play hard which is why I think some of the behavior was displayed. I think as a player it's frustrating to be able to get away with a hard foul and then get whistled up for a petty foul. The referees for this game were not consistent and it caused the game to get out of hand.

Okay, we were doing good with this post which was to just get substate results and not commentary. Lets just get the results so the thread does not get away from giving us results.

Obviously everyone has an opinion for example; Showtime7 its difficult for me to see you as someone who should be commenting on coaching conduct, where you not removed from your on the bench position (by the Flight management) last year due to your conduct during and after games? Don't answer like I said just an example of where all this could go. If you need to start another thread.

Yes all programs have coaches that at one time or another have been tossed from a game. Matter of fact a coach from my program was tossed two weeks earlier at the Boo Williams tournment but never was anything said to anyone after the ref ask him to leave. He picked up his stuff and left the gym like he was asked. All programs have also had fans at one time or another that have been tossed from a game. Now by putting a coach of mine in the same sentence of acting and use of words that was used in front of kids, parents, and others then NO we haven't had coaches act like this elitebball.

Now in terms of the substate being ran by a Flight coach? Yes, Phil Carr works in the Flight program but I speak for all that the North Middle substate is ran better than any substate and there is no favoritism shown to any team. The weekend before Flight played Pride and Pride won the game and nothing was said by either team.

Now having to play over three weekends, Yes the Flight team played three weekends in a row. If you really want to know the staff and players really didn't care much about coming back and playing this past weekend either but we did casue that what the schedule said and never was a word said.

It has been made to believe that elite was the only team that had to travel to North Middle to play, No Flight was schedule to play in the South Middle substate but was moved to North Middle. Is that where we wanted to play, NO and hopefully next year that can be fixed but it didn't cause anyone in our prgram to explode and loose our head.

I really didn't pay attention when all the happenings were happening during the game but after watching the tape and hearing words that were said and hearing from others things that were said and done then if we want to open this up for disscussion and call people out then I can do so also. Phil Carr is as honest of a person that you will ever meet. I think he is being totally disrespected by even writing or thinking in anyway that he would be apart of any wrong doing. It is very obvious to anyone that watched the game that there was no wrong doing done and just take your loss and get ready for the state. The officials of the games have been calling AAU state tournaments for the past 10 years. The game was called the same on both ends and that is all you can ask for by a official. I really don't need to go into deep discussion of things that after watching the game tape that was said loud enough to hear it 30 minutes down the road in Nashville. If we are going call people out then be prepared to get called right back on. I am done with this disscussion and have done a great job this year of staying off these boards and will continue to stay away from them and hope that when my coaches talk to people on this matter they said what they really feel to them on the phone instead of saying one thing and writing something different.

Tennessee Flight Nike Basketball

tennesseeflight@hotmail.com

www.tennesseeflight.com

Edited by JustDoIT

I hear you JustDoIt but is is obvious that you don't know who I am. Yes that coach was removed from the bench and is serving a year suspension from being a head coach in our program. It was not during a game that he got into it with a official but it was after a game where a official said something to this coach and it caused the coach to act in a manner he shouldn't have after the game, NOT DURING THE GAME. He is sorry for his action and is not the head coach of any team in my program for a year and he is happy with his suspension.

I hear you JustDoIt but is is obvious that you don't know who I am. Yes that coach was removed from the bench and is serving a year suspension from being a head coach in our program. It was not during a game that he got into it with a official but it was after a game where a official said something to this coach and it caused the coach to act in a manner he shouldn't have after the game, NOT DURING THE GAME. He is sorry for his action and is not the head coach of any team in my program for a year and he is happy with his suspension.

It's either showoff7 or his brother that was removed.