Substate Results ?

I thought this post was about sub-state not who wanted to get noticed on the bench. Coaches need to act like the adults not blaming all the bad stuff on the reffs. If you go to Nationals and act like that you get throwed out or worst , so you might want to dwell on that.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes all programs have coaches that at one time or another have been tossed from a game. Matter of fact a coach from my program was tossed two weeks earlier at the Boo Williams tournment but never was anything said to anyone after the ref ask him to leave. He picked up his stuff and left the gym like he was asked. All programs have also had fans at one time or another that have been tossed from a game. Now by putting a coach of mine in the same sentence of acting and use of words that was used in front of kids, parents, and others then NO we haven't had coaches act like this elitebball.

Now in terms of the substate being ran by a Flight coach? Yes, Phil Carr works in the Flight program but I speak for all that the North Middle substate is ran better than any substate and there is no favoritism shown to any team. The weekend before Flight played Pride and Pride won the game and nothing was said by either team.

Now having to play over three weekends, Yes the Flight team played three weekends in a row. If you really want to know the staff and players really didn't care much about coming back and playing this past weekend either but we did casue that what the schedule said and never was a word said.

It has been made to believe that elite was the only team that had to travel to North Middle to play, No Flight was schedule to play in the South Middle substate but was moved to North Middle. Is that where we wanted to play, NO and hopefully next year that can be fixed but it didn't cause anyone in our prgram to explode and loose our head.

I really didn't pay attention when all the happenings were happening during the game but after watching the tape and hearing words that were said and hearing from others things that were said and done then if we want to open this up for disscussion and call people out then I can do so also. Phil Carr is as honest of a person that you will ever meet. I think he is being totally disrespected by even writing or thinking in anyway that he would be apart of any wrong doing. It is very obvious to anyone that watched the game that there was no wrong doing done and just take your loss and get ready for the state. The officials of the games have been calling AAU state tournaments for the past 10 years. The game was called the same on both ends and that is all you can ask for by a official. I really don't need to go into deep discussion of things that after watching the game tape that was said loud enough to hear it 30 minutes down the road in Nashville. If we are going call people out then be prepared to get called right back on. I am done with this disscussion and have done a great job this year of staying off these boards and will continue to stay away from them and hope that when my coaches talk to people on this matter they said what they really feel to them on the phone instead of saying one thing and writing something different.

Tennessee Flight Nike Basketball

tennesseeflight@hotmail.com

www.tennesseeflight.com

Just to clarify. My problem is with having to play a substate in another part of the state. You agreed with me on that and it will be discussed at the next AAU meeting. The refs at this substate, in my opinion and yours on our call, were not adequate and were too concerned with fans behavior. They needed to focus on the game on the court. That atmosphere does not make coaches, players, and families feel they are going to be treated fairly. The reference to Flight which you obviously took offense to was only to put into perspective the current state of AAU in the state, and to demonstrate how people from other parts of the state could feel less comfortable than if they were in their own part of the state. I specifically said I wasn't insinutating anything inappropriate, and I agree wholeheartedly that Phil Carr is a fine man beyond reproach. As I said, I am not defending our coach's behavior, only pointing out factors which contributed to the blowup. There was no reference to your team's performance, or suggestion the refs were responsible for your victory, and no one is attempting to not take the loss. The reference to your coaches is a response to some of your people calling the AAU Chairman to complain about our coach, which is a little hard to swallow knowing the history you reference. It happened, it is over, and now it's on to the states. The real issues here will hopefully be dealt with at the AAU meeting. And if I want to call you out, I know where to call (or text)

Edited by elitebball

• 2 weeks later...

Why do the Pride Teams play in Ashland City instead of Shelbyville which is much closer for them?

Here is one theory. For the bigger clubs, the determination of where to play is based on who else you think is going to be there. Since this is a guessing game, the stronger clubs want to signal to other teams where they are going to play to discourage other bigger clubs from coming to the same substate. One way of sending this signal is to go to the same substate every year. I would guess that Pride first started going to the North Middle because it was seen as weaker. They keep going there so that other teams will know where they are going.