JV Games

softballdad33

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a bunch of girls that are on our JV team that in the future like next year will contirbute to our varsity team. I just think that your JV games is a great way to get those girls valuable playing time for next year. Those girls worked during the offseason just like the varsity girls did and they deserve their time to play as well. Like you this is just my opinion.

i agree with you.some schools are afforded the opportunity to field a full varsity and jv team and it helps in the coming years for the team.

i agree with you.some schools are afforded the opportunity to field a full varsity and jv team and it helps in the coming years for the team.

Have you ever really seen a JV team work. I have been in high school sports for 8 years and really I have never seen it work. I can see where it could work but they never give the JV what they deserve.

I can't answer that because this is my daughter's freshman year. She has got to play in some Varsity games but she is mostly the backup catcher. Now as I said earlier we have had a bunch of our JV games cancelled, but I can tell you this our coaches know the importance of our JV games and we have not cancelled any of our JV games. I do agree with you basehits from what I have seen so far this year most schools don't give the jv what they deserve.

Edited by softballdad33

Have you ever really seen a JV team work. I have been in high school sports for 8 years and really I have never seen it work. I can see where it could work but they never give the JV what they deserve.

yes i seen it work this weekend when we played a play in game at the soddt tournament and the jv played the whole game anf the varsity got to rest a game.we went on a trip this season and played 7 games which we went undefeated and 2 games the jv played.yes it works if you have the players to fill 2 teams and we do,.

My daughters JV team has 28 games scheduled. They even went to a tournament at Myrtle Beach with the Varisty team to play in a JV tournament. They also have a local JV tournament that is scheduled for the last weekend of April. I think a good coach would want his up coming players to get as much playing time as they can. Since JV teams has no restrictions on the amount of games played, they should play as many as they can schedule.

My daughters JV team has 28 games scheduled. They even went to a tournament at Myrtle Beach with the Varisty team to play in a JV tournament. They also have a local JV tournament that is scheduled for the last weekend of April. I think a good coach would want his up coming players to get as much playing time as they can. Since JV teams has no restrictions on the amount of games played, they should play as many as they can schedule.

WOW...that is great. I just have never seen it work. Not in any sport. But it sounds like it is working for your school and others too. That is great. :thumb:

I agree that the JV team is a vital part of your team's future success and they need to play. We have 15 JV games scheduled this season and thus far we have only played maybe 6 or 7 of those 15 games, and everyone of the jv games that has been cancelled the other team has been the one to cancel them. Our coaches no the importance of our jv games and want to play ever jv game they can. Like I said earlier these girls worked just as hard and long in the off season as the varsity girls, let them play too.

Kingston has played several jv games this year, even though most of their jv, with the exception of 3 players, play varsity. I think it is good for the girls who never play to get to be on the field plus we are able to work with our backup pictcher and catcher. I am not positive but we have only had about 1 jv game cancelled and that was because it was so cold. It helpls to give the other girls confidence and reward them for working hard in practice.

Kingston has played several jv games this year, even though most of their jv, with the exception of 3 players, play varsity. I think it is good for the girls who never play to get to be on the field plus we are able to work with our backup pictcher and catcher. I am not positive but we have only had about 1 jv game cancelled and that was because it was so cold. It helpls to give the other girls confidence and reward them for working hard in practice.

I couldn't agree more.