Riverdale @ Blackman`

SoccerOnTheRise

I have to agree with both assessments from above. It did seem that Riverdale wanted it a little more. I will agree with soccerontherise that possession was up close to 70-80% Blackman, but that doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things. Blackman couldn't create anything off the run and the times they did, they got a corner or a set play. Riverdale's defense was up for the task and did a great job! I would say Blackman had three times as many direct/corner kicks as Riverdale, but again that doesn't matter unless you put it in to the back of the net.

The first goal by Riverdale was beautiful and the finish by the Willis kid was also an excellent finish. I think if you count the shots on goal, corners, direct kicks that the assessment of possession was pretty right on from soccerontherise or his/her source. The finish by Brock was also an excellent finish.

The offsides was not questionalbe on the parents side in the first half, I was up there with most of the Riverdale and Blackman dads, and most of us agreeed that Shane was offisides, even though the AR was not in the correct position, the right call was made there. The offsides that could have gone either way was the one in the second half. It was with the responsible AR on the players side, fortunately for Blackman, Shane was called offsides. It was close, very close!!

This was fun soccer to watch and between two rival teams, very clean soccer. It was nice to see that two rival teams can go at each other with respect, no matter the outcome. I didn't particularly like the outcome, but you have to give all the credit to Riverdale, they started like they finished. See you in the tournament.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope both teams play the game the right way so no one has any excuses ,blackman very good a any set piece so they will beat riverdales big goalie,blackmans denfence gets another chance to see if they can stop the rollins kid,riverdale 2 blackman 1

game was played the right way,thanks riverdale for the 2-1 win ,the riverdale keeper needs to quit show boating an making everything look so hard , if he played against better forwards he would not look so good in net