Coach at Morristown West

eo1914

"Chuck is a proven Christian leader, who directs himself professionally at school and on the field. This is a total injustice! "

Proven Christian leaders should not be dropping the f-bomb anywhere. If his anger or disappointment is leading him to sin, then he needs a break from what is causing it - baseball. Remember what is in the heart comes out of the mouth. And, yes I have dropped the f-bomb but pray for self-control often.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although there are good points pro and con on this thread the bottom line is that the punishment is a bit harsh for the crime. It is not fair to the coach and also to the majority of the players. I assume that since he has been dismissed as coach he will lose his coaching supplement as well, after I am sure many long hours of work.

"Chuck is a proven Christian leader, who directs himself professionally at school and on the field. This is a total injustice! "

Proven Christian leaders should not be dropping the f-bomb anywhere. If his anger or disappointment is leading him to sin, then he needs a break from what is causing it - baseball. Remember what is in the heart comes out of the mouth. And, yes I have dropped the f-bomb but pray for self-control often.

Here we go again....another retard making another stupid comment. So, let me see if I'm understanding you correctly. Christians don't make mistakes!!!!

If your at church, stump your toe on pew, and before you have time to think, say under your breath, to yourself, the F word.

Going by what you just said, you should stop going to church because that's what caused you to say it. The church pew. See how stupid!!!!

Added correction....everything that comes from the heart doesn't always come out the mouth. It could come out the foot, into your tail for making stupid comments. How many post have you read on thread. Evidently not many, because we have already mentioned Chuck apologizing for his mistake or sin as you call it. Man, the principle may have saved Chuck from damnation by getting him out of baseball. *Notice to all*...If you ever let the F word slip out your mouth, PLEASE, remember to stop doing it. Never do it again, because it is leading you to sin.

Curious 70, I'm sorry to be so straight forward about this, but it's like I mentioned earlier, this kind of post is senseless. I will get my sermon on Sunday morning!

don't understand how someone that is "dropping the F" can pass judgement on anyone!

The issue still remains, Chuck made a mistake; he acknowleges it! He' sorry for it! 1 or 2 game suspension, maybe, but not the whole season. The playoffs are what we all play for. The principle needs to take another look at the punishment and change (fix) this problem. It is blown out of porportion.

By tha way, 70, how's your self control doing?

I think the issue of using profanity in a classroom or at work is a little different than the case at hand. I also think that it is a matter of manners and not morality. It is certainly bad manners to use the f-word in polite society; however, I don't think baseball has ever been polite society.

Here we go again....another retard making another stupid comment. So, let me see if I'm understanding you correctly. Christians don't make mistakes!!!!

If your at church, stump your toe on pew, and before you have time to think, say under your breath, to yourself, the F word.

Going by what you just said, you should stop going to church because that's what caused you to say it. The church pew. See how stupid!!!!

Added correction....everything that comes from the heart doesn't always come out the mouth. It could come out the foot, into your tail for making stupid comments. How many post have you read on thread. Evidently not many, because we have already mentioned Chuck apologizing for his mistake or sin as you call it. Man, the principle may have saved Chuck from damnation by getting him out of baseball. *Notice to all*...If you ever let the F word slip out your mouth, PLEASE, remember to stop doing it. Never do it again, because it is leading you to sin.

Curious 70, I'm sorry to be so straight forward about this, but it's like I mentioned earlier, this kind of post is senseless. I will get my sermon on Sunday morning!

don't understand how someone that is "dropping the F" can pass judgement on anyone!

The issue still remains, Chuck made a mistake; he acknowleges it! He' sorry for it! 1 or 2 game suspension, maybe, but not the whole season. The playoffs are what we all play for. The principle needs to take another look at the punishment and change (fix) this problem. It is blown out of porportion.

By tha way, 70, how's your self control doing?

Don't bring into the discussion the word "Christian" unless you know what it means. No, it doesn't mean just confessing your sins and going to church on Sundays - you are talking about religion. I'm talking about a daily walk with Christ which is only possible through His power. BTW, my self-control only goes the closer I walk with Him.

God says "be holy because I am holy." Yes we all sin, but there is more responsiblity for a Christian in a leadership role. If the coach is a professing Christian, then he walks a closer line just like a preacher because he is a witness in front of many. Acting any other way gives place for non-believers to mock God. And by your name calling and poor attitude, you are portraying either a "babe" in the Christian walk or an unbeliever. I hope that it is the former.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the incident that happened back in March following a Big East basketball tournament game. Syracuse's coach Jim Boeheim cursed, more than once, at an entire group of reporters in a post-game press conference. Yes he was defending one of his players, but to me that is a lot worse than what Chuck has done. You know what happened to Boeheim? The president of University and the AD publicly reprimanded him and told him to not do it again and everyone moved on.

The same thing should have happened here. Chuck admitted he made a mistake, like every human being who walked the earth has, and he should have been reprimanded and lets all move on. The dangerous thing here is that when you start letting parents run the athletic programs, soon all you will have it utter chaos!

Don't bring into the discussion the word "Christian" unless you know what it means. No, it doesn't mean just confessing your sins and going to church on Sundays - you are talking about religion. I'm talking about a daily walk with Christ which is only possible through His power. BTW, my self-control only goes the closer I walk with Him.

God says "be holy because I am holy." Yes we all sin, but there is more responsiblity for a Christian in a leadership role. If the coach is a professing Christian, then he walks a closer line just like a preacher because he is a witness in front of many. Acting any other way gives place for non-believers to mock God. And by your name calling and poor attitude, you are portraying either a "babe" in the Christian walk or an unbeliever. I hope that it is the former.

Like I said earlier, Your Nuts!!!!! I trully understand why you screen name is curious 70. :thumb:

This is a sports web site, not Brother Mull Religion. Nobody wants to get on this thread to read quotes from the bible and here how close you walk with anyone.

The coach never said anything about his religion, I did. I know his family. They are a good Christian family. Even on Coach T you find out how many idiots are really in the world. This subject your throwing out has nothing to do with this problem. I'll fill you in...We're talking about a coach who made a mistake, and is being treated unjust. We're also talking about a kid who betrayed his coach by recording a butt chewing session and running to daddy and mommy, and finally we're talking about mommy and daddy running to principle because little RAT's feelings were hurt. Now that you've been filled in on the subject matter...please go to your website, NUTS-R-US, and do your Saturday morning preaching.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the incident that happened back in March following a Big East basketball tournament game. Syracuse's coach Jim Boeheim cursed, more than once, at an entire group of reporters in a post-game press conference. Yes he was defending one of his players, but to me that is a lot worse than what Chuck has done. You know what happened to Boeheim? The president of University and the AD publicly reprimanded him and told him to not do it again and everyone moved on.

The same thing should have happened here. Chuck admitted he made a mistake, like every human being who walked the earth has, and he should have been reprimanded and lets all move on. The dangerous thing here is that when you start letting parents run the athletic programs, soon all you will have it utter chaos!

Great post, cuz!!!!

Maybe you can call Dr. Morehouse (sp), principle at Mo West, and explain this to him. He (Morehouse) is a good person; I believe (my opinion), he was just trying to make a point because he is new to the school(1st Year). It's still not to late to fix the second mistake!

Like I said earlier, Your Nuts!!!!! I trully understand why you screen name is curious 70. :lol:

This is a sports web site, not Brother Mull Religion. Nobody wants to get on this thread to read quotes from the bible and here how close you walk with anyone.

The coach never said anything about his religion, I did. I know his family. They are a good Christian family. Even on Coach T you find out how many idiots are really in the world. This subject your throwing out has nothing to do with this problem. I'll fill you in...We're talking about a coach who made a mistake, and is being treated unjust. We're also talking about a kid who betrayed his coach by recording a butt chewing session and running to daddy and mommy, and finally we're talking about mommy and daddy running to principle because little RAT's feelings were hurt. Now that you've been filled in on the subject matter...please go to your website, NUTS-R-US, and do your Saturday morning preaching.

Yes this is a sports site, but people with class approach a topic with tact and at least a bit of wisdom. 1) the coach crossed a line 2) does the principal or his school system have a set of rules that coaches and teachers sign on to (probably not a specific one addressing this coach's actions but a general one regarding "role model" or "appropriate behavior") 3) what are the consequences if an employee breaks such rule (again, probably not a specific action for this situation but probably an "at the discretion of the principal"

imho, the coach getting suspended for the rest of the year for cussing was too harsh. Why not a two game suspension like TSSAA rule for getting ejected?

However, I don't know the whole story. Does the principal have a recorded history on this coach with similar complaints and has the coach been warned before?

This is a life altering event for anyone's life, and it's silly for people to speculate without all the information (and I bet it's not all here on CoachT.com). And it doesn't help a discussion when you Trojan E throw out terms loosely like "Christian" just to try to get some sympathy votes :^( If this coach is the type of man you say he is then he will be fine because his faith will get him through. Oh no, did I offend you for saying "faith"? A little touchy aren't we or a little insecure :^)

This is far and away the most intelligent post on this entire thread. Anyone that knows Woods knows that you can't think of any words that he hasn't directed at his team. The difference?? Baseball is played in front of maybe 500 people on a good day. With all due respect....no one cares. Football however carries the whole payload and does so in front of 5,000 or so spectators every Friday night. The biggest hypocrisy in this whole thing is that there are ardently liberal teachers who have students trapped in their classrooms every day spewing forth liberal, hate Amercia, legalize pot, God is dead lunacy and nothing is EVER done to them. But let a coach get mad and go off..............

I have heard that he chewed his team out on the bus after blowing their big lead. Kid recorded it and it was on the bus tape as well.

Nothing Larry Ricker like, but apparnently he did use some profanity (ie: f-bombs).

I hate to sound like I'm condoning it - but I've heard of MUCH worse than that going down.

And I hate to pose this question as well, but what if this situation happened in October, not April - and we replaced the persons involved from Chuck Stansberry to Don Woods?

Hmm been reading these posts about this coach who I dont know and in fact dont know where Morristown is, My son has been playing baseball for quite a few years since t-ball and I have always believed in letting the coach be coach and taught my son if you have a problem with your coach you tell him, not me. Now he is in high school baseball and our coach has a parent meeting and he says to us

I am the coach, you teach your children and I coach the team. If you have a problem with me, come to me. If I have a problem with your child, I will come to them first, then you. As the coach, he decides who plays who sits who bats and whatever decision needs to be made as far as the team plays and he will also monitor the kids grades because if he isnt making the grades he isnt playing. Now we all know the coaches talk to the kids after the games as we wait and I ask my son sometimes what the coach says and mostly he tells me, Good game or we could have done better, he doesnt elaborate on it. More or less as the saying goes what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. My son knows enough if he has a problem he talks to his coach first and if serious enough then I am sure he would talk to me. But as far as whining about a few cuss words, my son would probably want to tell that team mate on that team a word or too. My son is taught there are many things in life that happen that you may not like, pick your battles son and in baseball your battle is on the playing field.