AAU Substate 14U Boys - Lynchburg (April 28 - 30)

Here is the pools for the 14 & under boys AAU Substate for Lynchburg

Pool A

Tennessee Tigers Blue

Cleveland All Stars

Tennessee Trojans

Pool B

Brentwood Raptors

Tennessee Bearcats

SCA Dragons

Pool C

Nashville Royals

Tennessee Tarheels

Franklin County

Pool D

Lincoln County Falcons

Nashville Celtics

Moore County Raiders

Pool A - seems strong from top to bottom.

Pool B - Tenn. Bearcats are playing up but they are stong.

Pool C - Don't know much about Royals or Tarheels but Franklin County is always tough.

Pool D - Celtics are stong (they are from Clarksville - interested they would come to Lynchburg when there is substate there).

What do you think?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the pools for the 14 & under boys AAU Substate for Lynchburg

Pool A

Tennessee Tigers Blue

Cleveland All Stars

Tennessee Trojans

Pool B

Brentwood Raptors

Tennessee Bearcats

SCA Dragons

Pool C

Nashville Royals

Tennessee Tarheels

Franklin County

Pool D

Lincoln County Falcons

Nashville Celtics

Moore County Raiders

Pool A - seems strong from top to bottom.

Pool B - Tenn. Bearcats are playing up but they are stong.

Pool C - Don't know much about Royals or Tarheels but Franklin County is always tough.

Pool D - Celtics are stong (they are from Clarksville - interested they would come to Lynchburg when there is substate there).

What do you think?

I dont think it is interesting that the celtics would go to lynchburg when none of these teams in this tournament can play with the memphis teams. clarksville will be loaded with memphis teams. all these teams know what they are doing by not going to clarksville.

I dont think it is interesting that the celtics would go to lynchburg when none of these teams in this tournament can play with the memphis teams. clarksville will be loaded with memphis teams. all these teams know what they are doing by not going to clarksville.

Ususally there are a couple of Memphis teams in Lynchburg. I wonder who will go to Clarksville.

Ususally there are a couple of Memphis teams in Lynchburg. I wonder who will go to Clarksville.

TN Flames(Murfreesboro)-Won Central-North Substate last year. They have a solid group with good athletes in the right positions.

TN Tigers Black (Nashville)-This is the "B" Team but in the past they've played hard and discipline. Can upset a team when they're on and the other team is off.

Mottep Panthers (Nashville)-After a one year absence they're back featuring some really athletic players on the wing and in the post.

Nashville Nets (Nashville)-From my understanding most of these kids play together at MBA and coming from a successful middle school season should help them. Very discipline but plays extremely hard. Can shoot and go inside, very tough team to play.

Clarksville Soliders (Clarksville)-Most of the kids play together at Clarksville-Northeast which also had a successful middle school season. Probably dont have the talent to really compete the whole weekend. But expect a athletic and hard working group.

TN Flames (Murfreesboro) WHITE- This is the "B" team and not as good as thier main squad but do have some good athletic players.

Memphis Celtics(Memphis)-Finished third last year and could compete for a spot.Featured one of the top PGs and WFs in the state

Memphis Ballerz-N/A

Midstate Ballerz-N/A

Those are just a few teams expected to come. Most of Middle TN is in Lynchburg

TN Flames(Murfreesboro)-Won Central-North Substate last year. They have a solid group with good athletes in the right positions.

TN Tigers Black (Nashville)-This is the "B" Team but in the past they've played hard and discipline. Can upset a team when they're on and the other team is off.

Mottep Panthers (Nashville)-After a one year absence they're back featuring some really athletic players on the wing and in the post.

Nashville Nets (Nashville)-From my understanding most of these kids play together at MBA and coming from a successful middle school season should help them. Very discipline but plays extremely hard. Can shoot and go inside, very tough team to play.

Clarksville Soliders (Clarksville)-Most of the kids play together at Clarksville-Northeast which also had a successful middle school season. Probably dont have the talent to really compete the whole weekend. But expect a athletic and hard working group.

TN Flames (Murfreesboro) WHITE- This is the "B" team and not as good as thier main squad but do have some good athletic players.

Memphis Celtics(Memphis)-Finished third last year and could compete for a spot.Featured one of the top PGs and WFs in the state

Memphis Ballerz-N/A

Midstate Ballerz-N/A

Those are just a few teams expected to come. Most of Middle TN is in Lynchburg

Great analysis. What about Idlewild out of Memphis? Are they still playing?

Recap? Results?

1. TN Tigers-Blue

2. TN Tarheels(formerly TN Tigers Black)

3. Nashville Celtics

4. TN BearCats 13u

The TN Tigers proved to be one of the top teams in the state blowing by everybody this past weekend. The two best teams had to play in the semifinals (Tigers and Celtics) therefore giving the edge to the Tarheels to get into state. The surprise team or the team that should get alot of credit is the 13u TN Bearcats. They blew out some decent 14u teams and just missed upsetting the talented Nashville Celtics group.

Overall there are way too many teams in Middle TN for this age, therefore the talent is depleated and some of the teams dont have the best players. Look for the Nashville Celtics to try to snatch up alot of the good local talent.

TOP Players in the Tournament

1. Meiko Lyles(TN Tigers)-Hands down the best player in the tournament. This kid is the real deal.

2. #4 (TN Tigers)-I only saw him miss 2 shots all weekend, this lefty knows how to stroke it. He plays string music everytime he shoots.

3. Chase Kilgore (Nashville Celtics)-Strong wing with good midrange game. He was set to have a big night vs the Tigers before being taken out with some calls that didnt seem there.

4. Telvin James (Nashville Celtics)-The quickest player and probably the best PG in Middle TN when on his game.

5. Anvil Nelson (TN Tarheels)- Big physical post presence who runs the floor extremely well. Played well with his back to the basket

6. #22 (TN Tarheels)-This may be the coaches son but he can flat shoot it from anywhere.

7. Terrance Clemmons( TN Trojans)-The most versatile player in the tournament on a team thats not really discipline. With more discipline this player will be one to watch when he gets to high school.

8. Melvin Garlington (TN Bearcats)-Only 13 but he played big all weekend. Leading his team in scoring and assist. His on ball defense and ability to create off the dribble makes him the top PG in the state at this point, and he can shoot.

9. Big kid from TN Bearcats-Talk about Athletic, he was a jumpin jack all tournament

10. #20 (Cleveland Allstars)-His team came to Lynchburg short handed but he more than made up for what they needed. A very smooth and talented player with great vision. A "BIG GUARD" but sees the floor and can absolutely shoot the lights out.

I agree that there are a lot of middle tn teams in this age group. But, there is so much talent in this bunch that, they can play with anybody. (Except Memphis Tigers) I think mid tn. will do well at state tournamemt. Does anybody know the schedule or who's in the Clarksvill sub-state? And, who were the qualifiers from the memphis sub-state?

I agree that there are a lot of middle tn teams in this age group. But, there is so much talent in this bunch that, they can play with anybody. (Except Memphis Tigers) I think mid tn. will do well at state tournamemt. Does anybody know the schedule or who's in the Clarksvill sub-state? And, who were the qualifiers from the memphis sub-state?

Memphis and Clarksville Sub-states are both this weekend. TN Flames, Nashville Nets, MOTTEP Panthers, and 1-2 Memphis teams are bound for Clarksville. Should have Clarksville based teams as well.

Full Central South Sub-State Recap:

Pool A

1. Tennessee Tigers 2-0

2. Tennessee Trojans 1-1

3. Cleveland All-Stars 0-2

Pool B

1. Tennessee Tar Heels 2-0

2. MidState Lakers 1-1

3. Nashville Royals 0-2

Pool C

1. Tennessee Bearcats 2-0

2. Brentwood Raptors 1-1