Overrated/underrated

shims4

read more post less.....call me crazy but didn't I just do what you said? k thnx

if your going by the other system of scoring then yes it was 5-1 but thats not the way we were playing. However we were playing college scoring 3 doubles for one point and 6 singles. Bearden gets the doubles point then wins #1,2,4 with wins at 5 and 6 for Siegel and 3 not finished. That equals 4-2 Bearden. You sure you are aware of how college scoring works.

My apologies. I was writing my post as you posted yours.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies. I was writing my post as you posted yours.

i just now saw your previous post...you have a good argument but fact is that if Bearden and siegel play again the outcome could change. Assuming Siegel doesn't "have a bad day", which I agree is no excuse for losing, I think Siegel has just as good a shot as Bearden does to claim the AAA championship. Why don't you be a little more classy like dawgs2 instead of claiming that no one else has a remote chance of beating you.

wait...1 went to bearden, 2 went to bearden, 3 siegel was winning, 4 went to bearden, 5 went to siegel...there is no number 6 in state so that match doesn't even matter in my opinion...how is that 5-1 bearden?

Im sorry 4-0

1 doubles point

#1 singles point

#2 singles point

# 3 not finished

# 4 singles point, matches should be pulled after Rahnema win Bearen 4-0

# 5 not finished

# 6 not finished

Im sorry 4-0

1 doubles point

#1 singles point

#2 singles point

# 3 not finished

# 4 singles point, matches should be pulled after Rahnema win Bearen 4-0

# 5 not finished

# 6 not finished

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't #5 already won by Siegel?

also at #3 Siegel had won the first set already when it was called. 4-0 is a very deceiving score as it was closer than that

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't #5 already won by Siegel?

also at #3 Siegel had won the first set already when it was called. 4-0 is a very deceiving score as it was closer than that

I agree it was closer, but while that is deceiving, it wasnt that close. After the match started and the singles were underway there was not a doubt who would win. Hunter was all over Kyle, Taylor your #2 and Ben your # 4. The one point secured in doubles and this was 3 points to make four.

I know you wont admit we are better and I wouldnt either if I were in your shoes. In honesty, what did you all really think of Bearden before the match. There is no way u thought they would handle u that way even with this great #4 player that sat out. You all thought it would be a cakewalk. Bearden wasnt even on your radar.

Guest Cutters Crazies

I agree it was closer, but while that is deceiving, it wasnt that close. After the match started and the singles were underway there was not a doubt who would win. Hunter was all over Kyle, Taylor your #2 and Ben your # 4. The one point secured in doubles and this was 3 points to make four.

I know you wont admit we are better and I wouldnt either if I were in your shoes. In honesty, what did you all really think of Bearden before the match. There is no way u thought they would handle u that way even with this great #4 player that sat out. You all thought it would be a cakewalk. Bearden wasnt even on your radar.

I'll admit we weren't really focusing on Bearden, we won't make that mistake again. And when we play you guys full strength when it matters...I'll decide who the better team is. Until then you handle Oak Ridge, TN High, Science Hill or whoever it is that you have to play and we will handle our business and see you guys in the semi's.

I'll definitely admit that I wasn't looking for Bearden to beat us. I knew you had a solid team with your state showing last year. I'm not going to lie and say I expected us to lose to you but you were the better team yesterday.

Hunger beat kyle pretty good yesterday. I've seen kyle play loads better than he did but yesterday Hunter was the better player. If we play again I expect that match to be much closer.

The #4 player that sat out makes a difference because you integrate that player into doubles AND singles which can make a pretty good difference in how the match plays out. I'm not going to say Siegel is better than Bearden because yesterday Bearden was the better team. But I think that you might see a different Siegel team come state tournament time

Edited by nation_supp89

I'll definitely admit that I wasn't looking for Bearden to beat us. I knew you had a solid team with your state showing last year. I'm not going to lie and say I expected us to lose to you but you were the better team yesterday.

Hunger beat kyle pretty good yesterday. I've seen kyle play loads better than he did but yesterday Hunter was the better player. If we play again I expect that match to be much closer.

The #4 player that sat out makes a difference because you integrate that player into doubles AND singles which can make a pretty good difference in how the match plays out. I'm not going to say Siegel is better than Bearden because yesterday Bearden was the better team. But I think that you might see a different Siegel team come state tournament time

Of course the #4 player makes a differnce, but I dont think as much so as you are thinking. Thats what you all basing this whole discusion on. The biggest differnce IF we play again is you all wont be overlooking us. Your region and substate are a joke. We have Oak Ridge and all the very East Tennessee teams. Whoever comes out of our substate will be battle tested and ready to go. I hope we play again in the semis, it will be a fun match and answer all the questions we have been discussing.

Guest Cutters Crazies

Of course the #4 player makes a differnce, but I dont think as much so as you are thinking. Thats what you all basing this whole discusion on. The biggest differnce IF we play again is you all wont be overlooking us. Your region and substate are a joke. We have Oak Ridge and all the very East Tennessee teams. Whoever comes out of our substate will be battle tested and ready to go. I hope we play again in the semis, it will be a fun match and answer all the questions we have been discussing.

your right our region and substate is a joke. Thats the reason we schedule tough matches like MBA, Rotary, last Saturdays tri match, and USJ. However one difference, experience...we have been to state before and lost a close one to Brentwood last year....If I would have won my match we would have won state in all likelyhood. We have been there and know what to expect. Thats also true about not overlooking you and I hope that makes a difference.

Also come state, we will have a home crowd which could affect some people who aren't used to state championship enviroment. I remember last year, Houston had a big crowd and they were loud.

i just now saw your previous post...you have a good argument but fact is that if Bearden and siegel play again the outcome could change. Assuming Siegel doesn't "have a bad day", which I agree is no excuse for losing, I think Siegel has just as good a shot as Bearden does to claim the AAA championship. Why don't you be a little more classy like dawgs2 instead of claiming that no one else has a remote chance of beating you.

I would just like to say that in no way was I implying that no one else has a remote chance of beating us. I was merely stating the we are one of the big contenders ALONG with Siegal, Science Hill, Brentwood and maybe a couple others. I admit that Siegal is a very strong team and will be tough to beat, however, I feel Bearden is the same way. I look forward to making it to State and hopefully playing you all again. (I hope thats classy enough.)

I agree with this....just find it funny that shims all the sudden calls us overrated because we lost to a good Bearden team and then tries to exaggerate it by saying the wrong score. Its my opinion that Siegel will win #2 doubles....Rahnema and Acker didn't really do anything at all in doubles. Siegel missed multiple sitter vollies and overheads, on top of 5 deuce points. The guy playing with Wishing there is coming off of wrist surgery (probably saw the tape) and is slowly making his way back and we hope he will be full strength for state. That being said heres how I see a state matchup going. Also Edwards/Hale threw in a complete dud in that match and I have no clue what their problem was but that was pitiful. They showed they can be a dangerous doubles team as they beat doubles teams from USJ and Science Hill (Greer, Smith) at Rotary.

#1-assuming both are playing at their best, tossup

#2- Bearden

#3- Siegel

#4-tossup

#4- Siegel.

#1 doubles- Bearden

#2 doubles-Siegel

I agree with your prediction except for the tossups. Also, I would like to point out that at state only the top 5 are played and only two doubles (which im sure all of you already knew), but I want to point out that this greatly helps Bearden should they play Siegal at state.

Singles

#1: Bearden (going by Hunters 4,2 win over Kyle)

#2: Bearden (im sure this one is not arguable)

#3: Siegal (Siegal was up a set so it goes to them)

#4: Bearden (Rahnema will beat Siegal's "real" #4)

#5: Siegal (although Lanz split sets apparently he was playing Siegals #6)

Doubles

#1: Bearden (Hunter and Taylor have proven the dominate team here)

#2: Tossup (this is the only true tossup because there is no way to predict the outcome, but at this point Bearden has already clinched the win)

Now remember this is merely a prediction from a Bearden player, I am not trying to say we will win because it is very possible that we do not, but in my opinion this is the most likely scenerio.