Baylor vs Notre Dame

soccerman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a tight, physical game. I predict a scoreless tie. Notre Dame may be a little rusty at first, but unless they give up one early they'll have a good chance to win at the end. There. I've covered all my bases with that prediction.

You are right this could be a scoreless tie. But I'm still predicting Baylor in a real close one unless Baylor can start connecting more on shots. Defense is awesome...offense too with more shots on goal I believe that their opponent each time. But if you don't connect it does not count. Just a few hours away weather permitting.

Baylor scores on two set peices and ND scores off a corner as well. You can't nap against the Red Raiders on set peices because they smell the oppertunity to score and attack hard.

The first half, ND's defense played well but on the offensive end they kept feeding slashing forwards in the middle of the field. The play was directed into the teeth of the Baylor defense and generated few opportunities. Even though Baylor controlled more of the pace of the play in the first half, ND's defense stayed composed and yeilded only one real chance and gave up a goal on an indirect kick.

In the second half ND's coach did a good job af prompting his team to be more aggressive and they played wih more confidence as well. The Irish also realized they were not playing on that bowling alley of a field of theirs and involved their wide halves in the game plan. For whatever reason, Baylor was more tentative in the second half and was lucky to have come away with a tie. Make no mistake- the two teams are equals.

AS most know, Bach is a fine player when he has the ball. If he has any weakness at all its his first touch. He was marked very tight in the second half but when he roamed to the opposite side of the field he had more room to work and became more dangerous.

I thought ND's keeper had a fine game. I saw the Irish earlier this year and thought maybe they were missing someone in the middle tonight. Does any one know?

I thought ND's keeper had a fine game. I saw the Irish earlier this year and thought maybe they were missing someone in the middle tonight. Does any one know?

Jon Reinert was the player missing from ND....he will most likely be returning before Thursday's games vs. Catholic. But anyways, both teams played great in this game. Baylor dominated the majority of the first half, ND dominating most of the second half. It would be interesting to see these two teams play again. Honestly, one of the most well matched soccer teams I could possibly put together.

In the second half ND's coach did a good job af prompting his team to be more aggressive and they played wih more confidence as well. The Irish also realized they were not playing on that bowling alley of a field of theirs and involved their wide halves in the game plan.

notre dames coach is amazing at lifting up his team. he coaches the girls soccer team also. at times if we played flat the first half, he would give the half time talk with heart and we were on our best game by the time it was over. and your completely right about our bowling alley. who ever thought we could play soccer on a small football field is crazy.

notre dames coach is amazing at lifting up his team. he coaches the girls soccer team also. at times if we played flat the first half, he would give the half time talk with heart and we were on our best game by the time it was over. and your completely right about our bowling alley. who ever thought we could play soccer on a small football field is crazy.

Notre Dame plays a totally different game when its not at their small home field. They possesss the ball from the wings and come from the sides. It is something that makes their offense a lot more effective.

Baylor really missed Fynn Glover who is just outstanding at midfield but played ok considering. I believe this is the first time in 8 years that ND has even scored on Baylor. Not one of our better games for sure and we could really be hurting if Breck Farrell cannot play in Memphis tournament this weekend. He may have a concussion as he was knocked out of the game with around 9 minutes left. Since our 1st team goalie is also out with a broken wrist it was left to our 3rd team goalie that was not played at all in a game this year. He came thru with 2 nice saves. I was disappointed in ND's goalie for shoving 2 Baylor players. Really surprised he only got a talking to by the ref. Mouthing goes on as always on the field but you have to learn to control you temper. Anyway, ND scored 2 goals on the Red Raiders and they did play a great game.

Baylor really missed Fynn Glover who is just outstanding at midfield but played ok considering. I believe this is the first time in 8 years that ND has even scored on Baylor. Not one of our better games for sure and we could really be hurting if Breck Farrell cannot play in Memphis tournament this weekend. He may have a concussion as he was knocked out of the game with around 9 minutes left. Since our 1st team goalie is also out with a broken wrist it was left to our 3rd team goalie that was not played at all in a game this year. He came thru with 2 nice saves. I was disappointed in ND's goalie for shoving 2 Baylor players. Really surprised he only got a talking to by the ref. Mouthing goes on as always on the field but you have to learn to control you temper. Anyway, ND scored 2 goals on the Red Raiders and they did play a great game.

I agree I can't believe ND's keeper was not given a card for shoving not 1 but 2 Baylor players. Anyway, Notre Dame played probably their best game. Baylor was off and missed Fynn for sure. I believe also these were the first goals that ND has scored on Baylor in 8 years. It was a good tie for them.

Notre Dame scored on Baylor two years ago, and three years ago, albeit in losses. The information on Chattanoogan.com was wrong.

The fans sure went crazy when ND's goalkeeper pushed people around. I think he did what he had to, everyone but the ref could see he was getting beated up everytime he got the ball. He just got a little payback. He also made some really great saves, Baylors goalkeeper made some good saves but the two shots that werent at him well...went in. I thought over all it was a good physical game. I was suprised to see it a 2-2 game. I do know that if they ever play again it would be a bloody match. Both thinking they will win and be even more physical to do so. ;)