Best golfer in Tennessee

Bsims33

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played against David Gossett lots of times and he is probably the best to ever come out of the state but Casey is very close to being as good as David was. Duckwhatever your name is you must not keep up with state events very well because you would know he finished in the top 15 in the state am. as a 14 year old, and won the U.S. Am. qualifier last year at Ridgeway C.C. by shooting 13 under par for 36 holes. Trust me he beat some very good players easily. Like reigning U.S. mid-amateur champ & State Am champ Tim Jackson and reigning state open champ Trey Lewis so it would be safe to say he is the best in the state.

• 2 weeks later...

THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T THINK CASEY WITTENBERG IS THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER IN THE STATE NEED TO CHECK OUT WHAT TOURNAMENT HE IS PLAYING IN THIS WEEK. I DON'T SEE ROSS COX NAME ON THE LIST OF PLAYERS PLAYING IN THE FEDEX ST.JUDE'S CLASSIC. MAYBE THIS WILL HELP CLEAR UP THE DEBATE.

That still dosen't prove anything to me. He's playing in his back yard on some special exemption I'm sure. He did shoot a respectable 74 (+2), which in my opinion proves he is a very good player. He just dosen't have any title to prove he's the best player or high school player in Tennessee. I rest my case.

[Edited by Duckbutterbandit on 6/29/02 9:12A]

[Edited by Duckbutterbandit on 6/29/02 9:13A]

Brandon Burris is proving himself to be a fine golfer in Tennessee also. He probably just dosen't have the resourses to get in these high profile tournaments that Whittenburg does.

Thu June 27, 2002

Tennessee Golfers Qualify for USGA Junior

Memphis--Casey Wittenberg, fired a two-round total of 134 to claim the sole qualifying spot at Memphis CC for the USGA Boys Junior Championship. At Old Fort GC, Brandon Burris shot 134 to lead the qualifying. Also, qualifying for the Championship was Chris Gilliland.

06/25/02

MEMPHIS, TENN. - THE MEMPHIS CC

Casey Wittenberg - Memphis, Tenn. 134

A - Bobby Hudson - Memphis, Tenn. 146

A - Michael Murphy Jr - Germantown, Tenn. 146

A - Bradley Pate - Jackson, Tenn. 148

A - Ben Glover - Paris, Tenn. 148

06/25/02 and 06/26/02

MURFREESBORO, TENN. - OLD FORT GC

Brandon Burris - White House, Tenn. 134

Chris Gilliland - Chattanooga, Tenn. 139

Jeffrey Edelman - Southlake, Texas 141