ELIZABETHTON CYCLONE FOOTBALL '06

GLee

I respect the Cow-Towners, but it is a little soap opera over there. From a high profile parent I was told that they have lost thier top RB, center, a quality lineman, OL & DL, and possibly another backfield player of note. Something just isn't right.

Another problem is the success of the baseball program and the discipline that the new coach has implemented. The players have responded positively. Just look at the paper and thier record. This parent told me that they love Coach Payne and what he is doing for them. I don't know him but from what I have been told over here he is very respected by opposing coaches and game officials. Seems as if the football coaches are taking offense to this and are sparking on the new baseball man. What a joke.

If the administration could get their act together maybe they could make the adjustments that are necessary to bring their football program back on track. I don't look for any changes, just the slow decline of a once proud program. What a shame and waste of talent.

What players are out? I have said for 2 years the coaching is a joke. It is the buddy system and it does not matter how much time or effort they put in the job. They bring an outsider in for baseball and the team is playing good. They need to bring an outsider in for football. The bunch that is there now to needs to resign because they are stealing people's money everytime they watch EHS play and stealing the kids time. I have never seen the movie The Titanic but everytime I watch EHS football I believe the outcome is the same as the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

If they are transferring to Unaka then it must be a 'playing time' deal for them at Elizabethton........or grades. :lol:

Thats the general rule but I heard the Peters boy and some more good 8th graders were going to Unaka. As far as I know, its only rumor.

• 3 weeks later...

Word is ,several are transferring to Unaka. Could be the start of something big.

I think you are missing out on the something BIG. From a very close source the word is you are talking about is an extemely high profile player from Cow Town that is seeking another residence in JC to set up a transfer with senior eligiblilty. This two sport star will be the missing link for the Topper faithful and we welcome this quality young man. Now you can say BIG.

GO TOPPERS!!

I think you are missing out on the something BIG. From a very close source the word is you are talking about is an extemely high profile player from Cow Town that is seeking another residence in JC to set up a transfer with senior eligiblilty. This two sport star will be the missing link for the Topper faithful and we welcome this quality young man. Now you can say BIG.

GO TOPPERS!!

Who is this player you speak of?

So I guess no changes in the football staff. I feel like Tim Sylvia is beating on me and I think I will tap out of EHS football. No sense in getting beat down worse. A lot of people know what the problem is but there is nothing we can do about it because the cliq wins.