Who are the Top teams in the State?

The Brentwood Grizzlies have a great team but being 3-0 in local tournaments will not compare to playing YOMCA - Red (Bellevue). Three reasons, size, speed and pressure.

The war Eagles bench could beat the grizzles, nobody can compete with the War Eagles in tennessee.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, who is your team? You don't say. As far as the War Eagles, the Grizzlies played them when they had Brandan Wright on the team, and lost by 1, 44-43, so saying their bench could win is dumb. But the War Eagles and highly recruited teams should beat a local team. The actual Grizzlies team has only felt they were the best of the local, unrecruited teams. That's why the Grizzlies (19-1) have great attitudes, a great coach, great parents, and that the other coaches and fans always compliment the Grizzlies. Team is basically the same as it was 4 years ago, loyal to players, loyal to coaches, good mix. Is your team like that or is it a revolving door with new kids always showing up? I know teams that in 4 years have gone through about 40 kids....so what's the point? We would like to set up a small tourney in Jackson with the Tigers, War Eagles, Big YMOC, and us. Good tune up for those teams going to nationals.

The only time the current Grizzlies lost their cool was in a game where they lead by about 8 late in the third, then didn't get another call the rest of the game, and wound up losing. Noboby felt good about it, including the other coach. Grizzlies messed up that time, but it never happened before or again.

Well, who is your team? You don't say. As far as the War Eagles, the Grizzlies played them when they had Brandan Wright on the team, and lost by 1, 44-43, so saying their bench could win is dumb. But the War Eagles and highly recruited teams should beat a local team. The actual Grizzlies team has only felt they were the best of the local, unrecruited teams. That's why the Grizzlies (19-1) have great attitudes, a great coach, great parents, and that the other coaches and fans always compliment the Grizzlies. Team is basically the same as it was 4 years ago, loyal to players, loyal to coaches, good mix. Is your team like that or is it a revolving door with new kids always showing up? I know teams that in 4 years have gone through about 40 kids....so what's the point? We would like to set up a small tourney in Jackson with the Tigers, War Eagles, Big YMOC, and us. Good tune up for those teams going to nationals.

The only time the current Grizzlies lost their cool was in a game where they lead by about 8 late in the third, then didn't get another call the rest of the game, and wound up losing. Noboby felt good about it, including the other coach. Grizzlies messed up that time, but it never happened before or again.

yea thats when they had Brandon, Im talkin about right now, and BW does not play for brentwood.

The East Tennessee Timberwolves are good...They've played in three tournaments that were around the Knoxville area and won 2 and got 2nd in 1... The team is 13-1 and have 3 or 4 players that will put up 20 any given game. Point guard #21 David Harris makes good looks and has a great stroke from three. His midrange game is good also. Andy McNeese and Tyler Feezell run wing spots and both are within an inch of 6 foot. Both of the two can shoot the three at any time and both have put up more than 20 2 times this season. Both can drive and handle the ball very well. Wes Quarles. a 6'2 center can do anything on the floor and is arguably the best Middle School player in East Tennessee. He can shoot the outside shot, shoot mid range and wen ur least expecting it...dunk one on you. The last three players split time as starters. Russell Ottinger, Storm Wilson, and Ethan Mashburn all can rebound great, Ethan and Storm can get rim and Russell has an excellent reach. Russell is an inch over 6 foot. Ethan is about 5'10 and Storm is about 5'11. All 3 of these can score at any time in the game and always hit big shots. Another guard coming off the bench is Rob Wright has a great mid range shot and can post very well for a 5'8 guard... Drives excellently...This team will stay with any team you put against them. No matter who they are. TimberWolves may not win but they will play with anoybody.

The grizzles only beat the celtics by 5

The 15 nashville celtics have beaten the stars so they have to go on the list. 16 thunder lost to the 15 tigers so how are they an elite team

The Stars was just trying some new players out when Celtics beat them but really no excuse we will see the next time they play. Grizzles finished 1st and Stars 2nd Celtics placed?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't want to say anything, but there is WAY too much overhyping the Grizzlies... They had a great tourney at Riverdale with some good wins, which is why they're currently ranked 4th in the State, but they are no where near as good as everyone is making them out to be. Our 15u team lost to them by 3 points, without one of our 6'6 kids, also while playing all 15 players similar minutes without our head 15's coach. The Grizzlies are good, and Drew Kelly is a heck of a player, but they are no where near as good as made out to be, nor could they even compete with Tn Tigers or the top two Memphis teams. Throw in a weak schedule, and they should quickly drop below the Ballerz and Travelers, among others...

yes that is very true. the franklin rage played them and beat them in their first season together and the fury select played them tough without their three primary players(a 6'7 post, 6'3 forward, and a 6'1 shooter). the grizzlies are way too overrated. i bet the grizzlies aren't even in the top ten if you really take a good look at all of the tennessee teams.

for the 15's the grizzlies need to b there. i dont play for the celtics but i have seen them play ive seen the celtics stars midstate ballerz and the grizzlies have beaten all. the stars were the only ones that gave them trouble they took care of the ballerz and celtics. They are someone to watch for and i think they r #1 or 2 in the state

Once again the Stars was having a try out with new players and would beat the Celtics and Grizzles by double digits now.