GOLDEN TATE

popefan 21

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tate is a good player, Ill give him his due. But when you got guys like Ryan White from Brentwood Academy, Coleman from McCallie, and MBA's quarterback (forgot his name). All have started almost since freshman year, like Tate. They put the same stats as Tate against much, MUCH more difficult teams.

If anyone deserves credit, its those guys. Look past your own fanboyism.

Tate is a good player, Ill give him his due. But when you got guys like Ryan White from <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, Coleman from McCallie, and MBA's quarterback (forgot his name). All have started almost since freshman year, like Tate. They put the same stats as Tate against much, MUCH more difficult teams.

If anyone deserves credit, its those guys. Look past your own fanboyism.

O.K little leaguer, Let's go back to Jr. Pro, Jr. High, whatever. You say "YOU" beat him, then you say "YOUR TEAM". Maybe your team was good and his team was not. For you to say " YOU BEAT HIM" is probably not correct. If YOU lined up against him, you probably got burned. Why didn't you play against him last yr? Did you quit? Or maybe your Father Ryan name is misleading. Anyway, he sure lit them up and they are one of the GREAT EIGHT. Are they not? You are all over MBA,have you transfered there, yet still use the Father Ryan name? His stats vs MBA were not bad. You say he would be average vs 5A or D2 AAA, but there is one very important fact you are missing. If he did play in either of those classes, he would not be playing alone. He would be running, catching, returning, etc.. behind 5A or D2 AAA players as well. So, who knows,,,, you? Just open up the sports page or turn on your T.V, then YOU will see. Whoa, " IT'S ALMOST FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEEEEEE".

This is the sight started by the 16 year old kid.

While stats do tell a great deal about a player, you really can't look at stats alone. You put a stand-out player in a division with lesser talent and his stats will be off the board. You put the same player on a larger team against a strong region, you won't have the same results.

I beg to differ. he is an outstanding athlete who could put up numbers in any classification or region!!!

Agreed. Let him play some 5A teams weekly, or D2-AAA teams weekly. His stats would be good, but not as good as they are now. After seeing how he did this year vs. MBA, he might be just a good tailback and thats it.

If you think he is "Just a good Tailback and thats it" you have not seen him play very much here lately

LOL :unsure: That is funny the big school boys. Golden could hold his own against any team in the Division II-AAA or in the state. He is the best all-around talent in the state this upcoming season and will be successful against any team he plays. You wanna know why?

1. He plays so many positions, he is a match-up nightmare for a coach.

2. He is so quick you are not going to get a huge hit on him, he protects his body well.

well said

Yea, and he proved that in the MBA-JP2 game did he not? I believed JP2 didnt score til MBA put their JV in. Or maybe thats just me.

we scored on our opening possession

Your a Pope fan. B.J. Coleman out of McCallie is a far better athlete. He puts up stats like Tate and one more thing Tate cant seem to do against MBA: SCORE.

we saw what Golden did against your mighty Irish last year didn't we??? Let's see: Rushed for a TD, Caught a TD, Ran a punt for a TD, and Returned an INT for a TD..... About the only thing Tate didn't do against your Irish was sell hotdogs at the concession stand!!!! AND HE WOULD HAVE DONE THAT IF cOACH WOULD HAVE LET HIM!!!! 49-21!!!

This is the sight started by the 16 year old kid.

While stats do tell a great deal about a player, you really can't look at stats alone. You put a stand-out player in a division with lesser talent and his stats will be off the board. You put the same player on a larger team against a strong region, you won't have the same results.

Whenever I see someone denigrate the talent in DII (see "a division with lesser talent" above), I ask this question - Then, why not let the DII schools back into DI if their talent is inferior?

You can't have it both ways. :unsure:

Father Ryan[/url] Wrestling' post='826034302' date='May 3 2006 - 06:28 PM']

All I am saying is that Tate is not THE best prospect in the state. Sure is one of them, but its going wayyyyy to far to say that he is the best.

the scouts know what they r lookin at...they see a playmaker...and if these other guys r puttin up better #s then y arent they gettin recruited like golden is..plain and simple golden is gonna be the # 1 prospect from tn and is gonna be in the top 10 in the nation...so quit hatin..if he went to father ryan instead of pope u wouldnt even be arguin about this...i will even say golden will help any team he goes to his freshmen year...and sayin he couldnt do ne thing n any other leagues...just imagine if he played for mba, riverdale, oak ridge, mcallie, ba, cbhs, ravenwood, and i will even say that father ryan would have won a whole lot more games if they had him...