Chattanooga Christian v. Knox Catholic

Hoya

Knox Catholic's 9 game winning streak ends with a 2-0 loss to host CCS (#4 in A/AA) in this afternoon's final match. The Irish gave up both goals in the second half in the loss. Congratulations to the Chargers for a job well done! I hope to see a rematch at States. <_<

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Knox Catholic's 9 game winning streak ends with a 2-0 loss to host CCS (#4 in A/AA) in this afternoon's final match. The Irish gave up both goals in the second half in the loss. Congratulations to the Chargers for a job well done! I hope to see a rematch at States. :unsure:

That really surprises me. I watched half of this game and it looked pretty even. Was this also due to the fact that Catholic didn't have their starting keeper? Haha Notre Dame also didn't play to great in this tournament either, even though most of their starters weren't playing.

That really surprises me. I watched half of this game and it looked pretty even. Was this also due to the fact that Catholic didn't have their starting keeper? Haha Notre Dame also didn't play to great in this tournament either, even though most of their starters weren't playing.

Catholic's starting keeper was absent to attend his Confirmation this afternoon, but I don't know that the result had to do with anything more than CCS being the better team today. I think the Chargers are a quality team and they're the defending State finalists. I'm also guessing they were pumped to win their own tournament. Catholic had a big week and will bounce back. There's nothing like a good whipping to get a team re-focused for the post-season.

I understand ND intended to rest a lot of your starters this weekend. How did your games turn out?

Hoya, we won 3-0 against TN High, 5-3 against Shelbyville, and lost 1-0 to Ooltewah. Our 5-3 game wasn't our best, it was extremely physical and the ref obviously didn't have control of the game. Some iffy calls were made and they scored a PK in the first 3 minutes and another goal off a breakaway shortly after. Our game against Ooltewah wasn't great either. We played them earlier this season and won 3-0, so I'm guessing we thought we had that game too. We only had about 4 normal starters in the game, but Ooltewah definately played a good game either way.

After Thursday night's game, I'm amazed either Irish team could compete successfully on Friday. It's good you got to rest some regulars this weekend. I doubt Catholic was as lucky. Good luck with McCallie next week. I saw them play at Webb Friday night and, as usual, they're pretty good. We'll see each other again pretty soon. I think CAK, CCS, Notre Dame and Catholic will all be players in the A/AA post-season. Good luck. :unsure:

Is there a ref that can control a game that ND plays in?

I am sure some had to do with being tired. It has been a tough week for the Irish. Should help them in the post-season. Thats where it all counts.

no shelbyville just has a physical style of play

come to a tullahoma/shelbyville game

they are a very young i think in about 2 years teams will regret putting them on their schedule

Edited by mjuhb

I have to agree ND can be rough, but not as much is a cheap type of way. Shelbyville just got out of hand and I'm actually surprised the ref didn't call it early. Yes, ND did have a few times in the game where they would make a foul, but not as much out of retaliation as the Shelbyville team did.

no shelbyville just has a physical style of play

come to a tullahoma/shelbyville game

they are a very young i think in about 2 years teams will regret putting them on their schedule

Not only are they young but at the middle school level they are stacked as well-Shelbyville is def a team on the rise in region 4

After Thursday night's game, I'm amazed either Irish team could compete successfully on Friday. It's good you got to rest some regulars this weekend. I doubt Catholic was as lucky. Good luck with McCallie next week. I saw them play at Webb Friday night and, as usual, they're pretty good. We'll see each other again pretty soon. I think CAK, CCS, Notre Dame and Catholic will all be players in the A/AA post-season. Good luck. :unsure:

This is why I really don't like tournaments like this. You get too tired and too fatigued and risk injury.

I'm not worried a bit about Catholic and Notre Dame not bouncing back. A loss here or there at the right time can make a huge difference in the long run. Those two teams are great teams, who wont let one game ruin what they have taken so long to build. Shake it off guys, and save it for the playoffs! Good luck to both of the Irish (though I am a bit biased towards the Knoxville version! See Hoya, I got the love!)

Not only are they young but at the middle school level they are stacked as well-Shelbyville is def a team on the rise in region 4

i think theyscored over 100 goals in 11 games only giving up 3

the 9th, 8th and 7th graders all play on the same select team

Edited by mjuhb