Classification shifts for next cycle

These are schools moving mid-cycle under the 20% rule, plus new schools.

In Division II, JP2 and St. Benedict are bumped up to the Big EightTen, while Ensworth is added to AA and Rossville Christian to A in the 2007 season.

In Division I:

• Doris Walker Academy opens in Knoxville. Figure on District 3 in both A and A-AA.
  • Silverdale Baptist in Chattanooga begins playoff participation. Figure on 3-1A football, 5-A, and 5-A-AA.
  • Middle Tennessee Christian (already in 9-A and 11-A-AA) resumes football.
    Close call, but I think they'll go into 5-1A with Eagleville.
  • Memphis Westside drops to 1A in football. Clearly will go to Region 8 with Manassas.
  • Community (the one in Unionville, not Nashville) adds football. They clearly belong in 5-1A, but that would give you 10 in the league if MTCS also joins. Maybe Nashville Christian moves over (they have no Davidson County rivals on either side).
  • Jackson Christian football is pushed up to 2A. Region 7, of course.
  • East Literature is pushed up to AA. Another close one, but I think they end up with Donelson Christian in District 8.
  • CAK doesn't actually move up, because of the one-class rule within the multiplier rule--while their new enrollment is multiplied 3A, it's still natural 1A.
  • Stone Memorial opens in Crossville. The local paper reports that they will be assigned to Knoxville leagues--4-AA, 4-A-AA, wrestling region 2, track-and-field East, and bowling region 2. I don't agree completely; in AA and A-AA, districts 4, 6, and 7 are all possible. It seems clear that they would be placed in traditional wrestling region 3 and bowling district 5 with Cumberland County; for dual wrestling, 2-A-AA is clearly best. And the one automatic assignment (A-AA track) is to Middle Tennessee. For football, 4-3A is conceivable, but 2-3A more likely.
  • Liberty Tech moves up to AAA general and 4A football. District 13 and football region 7 with the other schools in Jackson, obviously.
  • Finally, Arlington enters the football series, with a Region 7-5A assignment probable.

These are schools moving mid-cycle under the 20% rule, plus new schools.

In Division II, JP2 and St. Benedict are bumped up to the Big EightTen, while Ensworth is added to AA and Rossville Christian to A in the 2007 season.

In Division I:

• Doris Walker Academy opens in Knoxville. Figure on District 3 in both A and A-AA.
  • Silverdale Baptist in Chattanooga begins playoff participation. Figure on 3-1A football, 5-A, and 5-A-AA.
  • Middle Tennessee Christian (already in 9-A and 11-A-AA) resumes football.
    Close call, but I think they'll go into 5-1A with Eagleville.
  • Memphis Westside drops to 1A in football. Clearly will go to Region 8 with Manassas.
  • Community (the one in Unionville, not Nashville) adds football. They clearly belong in 5-1A, but that would give you 10 in the league if MTCS also joins. Maybe Nashville Christian moves over (they have no Davidson County rivals on either side).
  • Jackson Christian football is pushed up to 2A. Region 7, of course.
  • East Literature is pushed up to AA. Another close one, but I think they end up with Donelson Christian in District 8.
  • CAK doesn't actually move up, because of the one-class rule within the multiplier rule--while their new enrollment is multiplied 3A, it's still natural 1A.
  • Stone Memorial opens in Crossville. The local paper reports that they will be assigned to Knoxville leagues--4-AA, 4-A-AA, wrestling region 2, track-and-field East, and bowling region 2. I don't agree completely; in AA and A-AA, districts 4, 6, and 7 are all possible. It seems clear that they would be placed in traditional wrestling region 3 and bowling district 5 with Cumberland County; for dual wrestling, 2-A-AA is clearly best. And the one automatic assignment (A-AA track) is to Middle Tennessee. For football, 4-3A is conceivable, but 2-3A more likely.
  • Liberty Tech moves up to AAA general and 4A football. District 13 and football region 7 with the other schools in Jackson, obviously.
  • Finally, Arlington enters the football series, with a Region 7-5A assignment probable.

What does the Big (eight) Ten mean, I am still trying to learn the DII teams, and divisions.