NASHVILLE TRAVEL BASKETBALL

Hello, realstory My name is Coach Jones from the Tennessee Thunder. I have been reading some of the post today. I think it's a sad day for Middle Tennessee AAU. How about we get back to what we all started coaching for "THE KIDS". So, lets stay focused and leave it on the floor.

About your questions, The Thunder Organization has 13 teams. It takes a lot of time to run a 13 team program. Just think how hard it is to get a gym for one team. X that by 13.

Because we host AAU substate and running 13 teams we wasn't able to play doing this open period. But, we will be rolling after we finish hosting our AAU tournaments. I hope that answer your question. I believe if you can play the game. " COLLEGE COACHES WILL FIND YOU". Look you are talking about them. So it most be working :o

As for the Parents intesgating, Parents are just Parents and if you are a Parent your doing the same :thumb:

Thanks Coach Jones

Edited by kj23

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nashville Stallions has been going to all the tournaments from 1999 up to now 2006. My 17u&15u has all ready played in Charlottesville, Virginia and the Kingwood Classic in Houston,TX.The Travelers and The YOMCA IS THE ONLY TEAMS that has been on the road longer. I go to the tournaments where I know the college coaches will be. I HAVE PLAYER IN COLLEGE ON SCHOLARSHIPS.

I'm a coach - have been for a long time.

In my opinion, the Tennessee Thunder is a well-run, classy organization. I would feel very good if my son were to play for them.

AAU can be a plus but the pressuring and making basketball the focal point of your life has made my son quit his AAU team, and he is a pretty decent ball player.

Plus we had a stint with the Thunder and trust me when I say there is no bitterness because my son played but it appears that some teams in the organization are more favored then others. But you know what, it happens in a lot of organizations.

The operative word is "ORGANIZATION". A lot of teams need to try it some times.

Edited by ebbybm

Hello, realstory My name is Coach Jones from the Tennessee Thunder. I have been reading some of the post today. I think it's a sad day for Middle Tennessee AAU. How about we get back to what we all started coaching for "THE KIDS". So, lets stay focused and leave it on the floor.

About your questions, The Thunder Organization has 13 teams. It takes a lot of time to run a 13 team program. Just think how hard it is to get a gym for one team. X that by 13.

Because we host AAU substate and running 13 teams we wasn't able to play doing this open period. But, we will be rolling after we finish hosting our AAU tournaments. I hope that answer your question. I believe if you can play the game. " COLLEGE COACHES WILL FIND YOU". Look you are talking about them. So it most be working :lol:

As for the Parents intesgating, Parents are just Parents and if you are a Parent your doing the same :(

Thanks Coach Jones

ok you anserwed my question but why would you hurt these kids to just run sub-states and memphis y run sub-states and they still go to big tournaments. if you guys are truly helping the kids and have there best intrest at heart then you would get them in front of college coaches. also if your statement works about if your good enough college coaches will find you. when is the last sub-state or local tournament you have seen them at. college coaches find prospects in the summer then recruit in the winter. i guessed that worked for wil peters yall sure did get him seen. also who went to college off of the 17 year old team.

The Nashville Stallions has been going to all the tournaments from 1999 up to now 2006. My 17u&15u has all ready played in Charlottesville, Virginia and the Kingwood Classic in Houston,TX.The Travelers and The YOMCA IS THE ONLY TEAMS that has been on the road longer. I go to the tournaments where I know the college coaches will be. I HAVE PLAYER IN COLLEGE ON SCHOLARSHIPS.

do you coach all the stallions teams?