What Coaches promote their players to the next level?

Foul Ball

Name some coaches that helps his players play at the next level, by calling schools or however. I know first hand that if you are good you will be found more than likely.

There are some kids that I thought would get recruited,but didn't because their coach would not make an effort to contact anyone.

Your thoughts and comments.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard the other day that Dyer County Coach Ozment helped a kid from a rival school get a scholarship. Thats Awesome and thats a coach that cares about baseball in general and others not just all about himself. A good coach will make the effort to get his players names out there. I was really glad to hear this since our coach never makes that effort.

Name some coaches that helps his players play at the next level, by calling schools or however. I know first hand that if you are good you will be found more than likely.

There are some kids that I thought would get recruited,but didn't because their coach would not make an effort to contact anyone.

Your thoughts and comments.

Coach Powers at Riverdale does a great job of this.

But this goes in cycles - some years you have great classes with several great players, some years ya don't...

I think one of the first indicators of how much a coach does to promote his kids is whether or not he is a member of www.tbca.org

They do some great things with the TBCA Showcase and Sunbelt teams!!!

I just heard the other day that Dyer County Coach Ozment helped a kid from a rival school get a scholarship. Thats Awesome and thats a coach that cares about baseball in general and others not just all about himself. A good coach will make the effort to get his players names out there. I was really glad to hear this since our coach never makes that effort.

Good for Coach Ozment. That's a great thing to do.

:lol:

if im not mistaken, brad frazier from harpeth is trying to help a rival schools pitcher out too. thats a nice thing to do and all coaches should be like that. it doesnt take that much effort to get a player into a college. no talent should be wasted because of laziness.

WOW that really is amazing thats the definition of a true fan of the game also

That's what I'm talking about!

How many other coaches would do this? Not many he seems like a great coach.I saw where they beat USJ the other night. Good deeds brings great rewards. Great Job Coach Ozment!

Elizabethton's new coach Gil Payne has been personally taking seniors to college coaches for workouts on weekends as well as getting coaches to come to baseball games thru the season. The man is a hard worker and is connected. Great to have someone on the Cyclones staff who is respected by parents as well as the players. He really cares and is a fantastic teacher of the game.......

Although not a coach, David Limbaugh has helped several players get noticed just by mentioning to scouts and recruiters. He has also helped a few land a place to play summer ball! :thumb:

There are alot of kids that fly under the radar because they think their coach will take care of recruiting.Thats a huge mistake. Showcase yourself,attend the camps of schools you are interested in attending,send out your own letters of interest ,get your parents involved. Try to play on a summer team that will play in some top tournaments were you know their will be scouts attending.More kids get noticed in the summer than school ball.To all of the coaches that try to help kids get to the next level GREAT JOB,KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.