THE 11U STATE

who dose any one think will be the best in state, in 11 u. Extreme apparently is favored ,but was wondering who thinks what teams will come in 1st,2nd 3rd .Also wondering if anyone thinks that their might be a few suprises as far as teams go .

Edited by sportfan77

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who dose any one think will be the best in state, in 11 u. Extreme apparently is favored ,but was wondering who thinks what teams will come in 1st,2nd 3rd .Also wondering if anyone thinks that their might be a few suprises as far as teams go .

this topic has been discussed for the last month. scroll on down the page and you can find the posts.

1-Xtreme

2-FCA

3-Express

I have copied the best analysis posted by 'ptguard12':

Predicted Finish of Each Pool and Bracket Play

Pool A

1. Tennessee Xtreme

2. CDF Fever

3. Memphis Lady Elite/Tigers

4. Tennessee Pearls

I don't think anyone in Pool A will come within 20 points of the Xtreme. They have two much offensive power for any of these 3 rather lack luster offensive teams to even keep it close. The 2nd spot is really up for grabs. If CDF plays they way they did in the North Middle Sub-State then I believe they will advance. If they play out of control and get in alot of foul trouble as they have done in the past, then I believe the Memphis Lady Elite/Tigers will be occupying that 2nd spot.

Pool B

1. FCA Lady Eagles

2. Tennessee Express

3. Cookeville Ladies

4. Tennessee Lady Trotters

This pool is alot tougher in terms of the quality of teams. The game between the FCA Lady Eagles and the Tennessee Express could be a real barn burner. The thing that hurt the Express the most last year was their lack of depth. However, this time around, the Express find themselves with some capable players on their bench (not extremely strong players, but capable of giving them solid minutes). Look for the battle between the two centers and the two point guards to be a classic.

The only other team in this pool that could take one of those top 2 spots is the Cookeville Ladies. Their performance in the North Middle Sub-State was somewhat lackluster, but they do matchup very well the Express and have gave them problems in the past (beat them at Murfreesboro SRT last year). They could be a sleeper if they can get everyone clicking at the same time.

Bracket Play (Based on Above Predicted Finishes)

Semi-Finals

Tennessee Xtreme v. Tennessee Express - The Express have a very strong starting five, with a strong inside threat at the 5 position and a terrific point guard at the 1. However, the Xtreme are strong at all five positions and have the depth to back them up if any of them get in foul trouble. If the Express's point guard can handle the pressure from the Xtreme and find a way to get the ball downlow to center in the post, the girls from Lawrenceburg stand a shot. However, it is reasonable to assume that the Xtreme will probably make this a little more difficult then it sounds. Xtreme by 11

FCA Lady Eagles v. CDF Fever - The biggest issue here is the sizeable height advantage that Lady Eagles hold over the Fever. The Fever are very guard-oriented and their post play is what is lacking. It will take a superb performance by CDF for this to even be remotely close. Lady Eagles by 20+

Championship Game

Tennessee Xtreme v. FCA Lady Eagles - A rematch of last year's 10U State Championship will find two teams very similar to one another vying for a seed at the National Championships (seed will be anywhere from 13th - 16th). This game could be a real barn burner, and the team that executes their offense the best while staying out of foul trouble on the defensive end will win it. I'm not exactly sure of who the victor is going to be, but I have a feeling, this may be the Xtreme's year. Xtreme by 4

Consolation Game

Tennessee Express v. CDF Fever - This game will pit two very familiar foes against one another in a rivalry that has sort of emerged over the past two years. However, the same result will occur as all the games before as the Fever do not have the fundamentals or the discipline to defeat the Express. Express by 9

This should be an exciting State Tournament. I can sit here and predict these games all day long, but these are 11 year olds, and trying to predict what 11 year olds are going to do is like trying to predict the weather everyday for the next month. The team that comes to play that weekend in Memphis will walk away as the 11U Tennessee State Champion. Good luck to all the teams.