BrightTigers

District 4, Single A Softball

Coalfield

Oakdale

Oliver Springs

Oneida

Sunbright

Wartburg

It's a double elimination tournament, no one has lost twice yet, as of this morning.

Sunbright & Oneida DONE!! Oakdale defeated Wartburg tonight....Wartburg DONE!

Oliver Springs defeated Coalfield tonight 4-1, to clinch the first spot in the Region,

Oliver Springs will now wait on Coalfield & Oakdale to battle it out to see who

earns the chance to play O.S. in the championship game @ 5:00 tomorrow (5-11).

Go Lady Cats!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The district 4-A tournament this week was a very exciting tournament with some really hard and gutsy played games. My hats off to the Lady Bobcats for their district championship and also to the Lady Yellow Jackets for a hard fought 2nd place.

There was only one down point in the whole tournament in my opinion and that was the classless lack of sportmanship displayed by the Oakdale Lady Eagles. I know there is going to be several of you that will disagree, but I saw every play of every inning at every game so save your breath. When you have kids cussing and calling names as you walk through the line to congradulate each other and trying to get other pitchers from other teams to hit certain kids intentionally you have gone to far. Don't say you didn't because I witnessed this with my own eyes. Attitudes and extreme lack of class will keep you playing for 3rd place each year just like I told back at the first of the year when I said OS and Coalfield would be playing for the district championship and everyone else would be playing for 3rd.

OS and Coalfield are on to the regionals, lets wish them good luck and hope that these two teams make their way on through the tournament.

The district 4-A tournament this week was a very exciting tournament with some really hard and gutsy played games. My hats off to the Lady Bobcats for their district championship and also to the Lady Yellow Jackets for a hard fought 2nd place.

There was only one down point in the whole tournament in my opinion and that was the classless lack of sportmanship displayed by the Oakdale Lady Eagles. I know there is going to be several of you that will disagree, but I saw every play of every inning at every game so save your breath. When you have kids cussing and calling names as you walk through the line to congradulate each other and trying to get other pitchers from other teams to hit certain kids intentionally you have gone to far. Don't say you didn't because I witnessed this with my own eyes. Attitudes and extreme lack of class will keep you playing for 3rd place each year just like I told back at the first of the year when I said OS and Coalfield would be playing for the district championship and everyone else would be playing for 3rd.

OS and Coalfield are on to the regionals, lets wish them good luck and hope that these two teams make their way on through the tournament.

ISN'T IT FUNNY THAT AFTER THE GAME THE GIRLS WERE ALL STANDING IN THE PARKING LOT LAUGHING TOGETHER WITH THE COALFIELD PLAYERS AND TALKING ABOUT THEIR KIND OF STUFF.

THERE ARE SOME TIMES THAT I THINK THERE ARE SOME WHO NEED TO GET A LIFE AND FORGET ABOUT THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN THE FALL LEAGUE THEY PLAYED IN AND GET ON WITH IT. THE GIRLS ENDED UP HAVING A GREAT TIME TALKING WITH THE COALFIELD GIRLS (EXCEPT FOR A FEW) AFTER THE GAME BUT THAT BEING THEIR CHOICE, I THINK YOU NEED TO JUST LET IT GO. BOTH TEAMS PLAYED GOOD, COALFIELD JUST PLAYED A LITTLE BETTER. AS FOR THE CUSSING GOING DOWN THE LINE, IF YOU WANT TO BRING THAT UP THEN GO AHEAD. EMOTIONS WERE RUNNING HIGH AND I AM SURE THINGS WERE "HEARD" BUT APPARENTLY WHEN HIGH-FIVES WERE BEING GIVEN IN THE LINE, YOU NEGLECTED TO SEE SOME OF YOUR PLAYERS SLAPPING HANDS AT THE OAKDALE COACH AND MY GUESS WAS TRYING TO MISS. BUT YOU KNOW I AM NOT GOING TO STOOP THAT LOW AND DISCUSS THIS ANYMORE. GOOD LUCK IN THE REGIONS, BECAUSE U ARE GOING TO NEED IT. LET YOUR DAUGHTER PITCH HER GAME THE WAY SHE KNOWS HOW AND YOU MAY BE VICTORIOUS. SHE IS A GOOD PITCHER BUT NEEDS TO PLAY FOR HER TEAM, NOT THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE CAGE.

GO BOBCATS!!!!!!!!!! :D

IT'S A SHAME WE HAVE TO PULL FOR AN OUT OF COUNTY TEAM!!!!! B)

Hey thefive3, I don't know who you think I am but I don't have a daughter on Coalfield or any other High School team for that matter. If you will remember you and I traded post back at the first of the season and I explained to you then that I didn't have a dog in this race. I know what I saw and one thing I saw was Jessica Grayson calling Jessica Underwood a B***h in the line in the first game and in the second game she wouldn't even shake her hand. You are right, emotions do run high in games like these but there is no excuse for this and several other things I saw go on even in games you all were not playing in.

The fall league stuff is over and you are right it does need to be left behind, so make sure you relay that message to the Oakdale girls as well.

I guess we will have to wait and see how things go between these two teams next year as one moves on and one goes home for the season.

Coalfield is going to have their hands full with Midway and they will need to play at the top of their game, but I believe they have a little momentum on their side and it should be a very good game.

The Bobcats are going to have their hands full as well with Rockwood. I hope both OS and Coalfield are able to move on and go as far as they possibly can.

GOOD LUCK LADIES !!!!

Well Mr.Underwood this is probly the millionth time that we have heared about our sportmanship this year. Personally im tired of it. All the teams in this tournment played good. The only thing i dont get( and yes i seen you there) is were you get that we were trying to hit someone. The cussing and calling names while shaking hands i didnt hear. That to me makes me mad at my team if they did but i would know because they would say something but no one said anything but good game..and the thing that gets me is that you dont say a word about one of the coalfield players hitting our coachs hand as hard as she could. But lets not waste our breath on that cause i was there and I seen it....We are not being bad sports as SOME people might think, we just speak our minds whether it be good or bad. I dont agree with the bad sportsmanship at all because if im not mistakin a coalfield player got hurt and we all took a knee. But ya know its over good luck OS Beat the crap out of everyone you play...All i have to say is we'll seatle it on the field next year...

Isn't it funny though how you zero'd in on those two girls. unfornately there are outside softball reasons why those 2 really don't care for each other. But hopefully that will pass. There is no reason to put the girls names on here since you may have been the one and only one who heard it. I am not saying by no means that it was not said, because as you may or may not know, our kids will make liars out of us if you try and make they out to be perfect. You also have forgotten what i said about the coalfield girls attitude when going through the line and high fiving our coach rather harshly, but you know, you apparently didn't see that one either. But enough said, it is over and the Coalfield girls have moved on to the regions and our girls are anxious to watch the games.

you also forgot what i said about the Oakdale and (some, mostly all)Coalfield girls uniting out in the parking lot and having a good time laughing and talking about stuff and the ballgame was forgotten about. yes, Coalfield and Oakdale having a good time together. but that must have not been seen.

but like you said the regions are going to be good games and i hope all players are there for their teams and not for the ones behind the fence. this is a team sport.

Best of luck to all and be safe!!!! :D

Hey thefive3, I don't know who you think I am but I don't have a daughter on Coalfield or any other High School team for that matter. If you will remember you and I traded post back at the first of the season and I explained to you then that I didn't have a dog in this race. I know what I saw and one thing I saw was Jessica Grayson calling Jessica Underwood a B***h in the line in the first game and in the second game she wouldn't even shake her hand. You are right, emotions do run high in games like these but there is no excuse for this and several other things I saw go on even in games you all were not playing in.

The fall league stuff is over and you are right it does need to be left behind, so make sure you relay that message to the Oakdale girls as well.

I guess we will have to wait and see how things go between these two teams next year as one moves on and one goes home for the season.

Coalfield is going to have their hands full with Midway and they will need to play at the top of their game, but I believe they have a little momentum on their side and it should be a very good game.

The Bobcats are going to have their hands full as well with Rockwood. I hope both OS and Coalfield are able to move on and go as far as they possibly can.

GOOD LUCK LADIES !!!!

GOOD LUCK LADIES !!!!

Isn't it funny though how you zero'd in on those two girls. unfornately there are outside softball reasons why those 2 really don't care for each other. But hopefully that will pass. There is no reason to put the girls names on here since you may have been the one and only one who heard it. I am not saying by no means that it was not said, because as you may or may not know, our kids will make liars out of us if you try and make they out to be perfect. You also have forgotten what i said about the coalfield girls attitude when going through the line and high fiving our coach rather harshly, but you know, you apparently didn't see that one either. But enough said, it is over and the Coalfield girls have moved on to the regions and our girls are anxious to watch the games.

you also forgot what i said about the Oakdale and (some, mostly all)Coalfield girls uniting out in the parking lot and having a good time laughing and talking about stuff and the ballgame was forgotten about. yes, Coalfield and Oakdale having a good time together. but that must have not been seen.

but like you said the regions are going to be good games and i hope all players are there for their teams and not for the ones behind the fence. this is a team sport.

Best of luck to all and be safe!!!!

Redhotzdad13 is NOT GREG UNDERWOOD!!!!!!

Please get your facts straight before you start posting names....Iam not affilated with either program, (Coalfield or Oakdale) But I do know that GREG UNDERWOOD is not that poster!!

I let him know that he got CALLED out... and he was shocked that someone thought that it was him....alot of those girls played together for Greg last summer and had a very good time.. he was as shocked as anyone that there was off field problems between the girls and had no knowledge of this before this tournament.

Not sure what you meant by playing for someone behind the fence....... Aren't we all their for our daughters!! Best of luck to all the teams left in the tournament... and best of luck to all the girls that play in the off season... that only makes our teams & districts stronger!!