11aa district tournament

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or maybe the 2 teams they lost to are better

if they were better they would be sitting at CW's spot right now but are they.............?NO so evidently there not its always hard to beat a team 3 times in one season.............O ya Knight dont ever jump up to another player runnin down the baseline HARD if you didnt like what happened GET OUT OF THE BASELINE he was playing the game the way it is supposed to be played

I said the format stunk before all of this happened so it wouldn't sound like sour grapes since I'm a Harpeth fan. Creekwood would feel the same way Sycamore does right now if their fortunes were reversed. That's because the format stinks. It did from day one. Then, there's a winner take all first round region game that stinks too.

It's really easy.....District regular season determines seeding for a double elimination district tournament. Top 2 go to a double elimination region tournament. Top 2 go to a double elimination state tournament. Winner has the best team with the deepest pitching staff. None of that is determined by the current format from the district on up. It stinks.

Setting up a rotation for a double elimination tournament and the strategies involved are what make tournaments so much fun to watch. Having an automatic bid that's also involved in the tournament detracts from that. What happened to CW is human nature. They had a mulligan. In the end playing for pride and having all the Rocky music blaring in the background still wasn't enough motivation to overcome knowing they'd live to play another day regardless. It never is. Now they've got to try to regain the edge they had for a full regular season and lost in a week. That's a tough hill to climb, but I hope they can do it. Rewind the Rocky music........

Edited by ksgovols

or maybe not. how bout we beat sycamore 2 out of the 3 times and then lost to harpeth 2 out of 3 times so there you could say harpeth is better than us but i think we are just as good as them.

:thumb: Dude. I think you lost your point somewhere in there. It's all about matchups and opportunties in most of those type games.

the hit was unavoidable. the hard shove to the back and rolling on top of knight was avoidable. even the umpire said it was. that was a dirty play caused by frustration and everyone who saw it knows that exactley what happened.

You know if you were even at the game you would have saw that Thiel tried to catch Knight and then tripped and fell on top of him. Total accident but I guess you wouldn't see it that way. And as far as the umps go if they thought it was purposeful then they would have ejected Thiel.

actually im sure i had a better view of it than u. i was very close to the play. if he tried to catch him then im the pope.

thiel could have just ran over knight and kneed him in the ribs or something but instead he stuck his hands out and braced for the impact and didnt hurt knight at all. knight was just a little mad at the play but as hot stick said he played the game the way its supposed to be played.