Gallatin in '06

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WH won 4-3 #8 was a upcoming sophmore out last season with a broken collar bone. Interesting to see what he can do.

Gallatin's first string beat WH's first team 2-0 and each team had four possessions.

WH's reserves beat Gallatin's reserves 4-1. Parker went the distance at quarterback for White House and he's the one who took snaps last summer before breaking his collar bone.

Is Townsend playing baseball or soccer or is he just going to be beat out by Parker for the job this season????????

Gallatin's first string beat WH's first team 2-0 and each team had four possessions.

WH's reserves beat Gallatin's reserves 4-1. Parker went the distance at quarterback for White House and he's the one who took snaps last summer before breaking his collar bone.

Is Townsend playing baseball or soccer or is he just going to be beat out by Parker for the job this season????????

Townsand cannot play spring football util baseball is over and we are going to the Regionals. Not sure what the plans are there the coaches will make the right decision for the team. Townsend and Parker are both good athletes.

Not much to add besides what has been said.

#12 for White House had on a jersey and went to some of the huddles but was not in pads.

#27 for White House was a difference maker....just another in a long line of really good tailbacks for the Devils.

I was however, disappointed that White House did not throw the ball as much as they usually do...that might have been the new faces.

Gallatin looked good on defense and about average on offense.

Gallatin definitely had some huge hits. But we need to control the penalties. Not only was the clipping penalty bad but the hold on Millers long run and a few false starts. Things that can be corrected. ;)

Anxious to see the Green and Gold game...last chance to see them before a long summer....

Defense dominanted the Green and Gold game. On the third play from scrimmage, after 2 back to back losses by Brad Jones, Manning ran for a 70+ yard td on a sweep. The 2 pt conversion was good. The green scored late in the 1st or early in the second on a one yard plunge. The 2 pt conversion was no good. The younger players then took over and the score remained the same until halftime. After a bad pitch, the gold recovered the ball deep in green territory. Wilmore then led them for the score. Can't remember who scored. The 2pt try was no good. In the 5th period, the sophmores to be went down field in the final 3 minutes for the score. Jake Wilson caught a long pass then caught a ten yarder to get the green on the one. Holder took the ball over with 3.3 seconds left. The 2 pt conversion was no good. Final Gold 14 Green 12. It was a defensive slug fest with numberous big hits. Not much offense however. No huge standouts. The main thing was that noone got hurt. The program read 102 strong. Great numbers for the end of spring, if we can have in the 90's for the fall we will be in good shape with plenty of quality depth.

I, too, did not get to make the green-gold game. Unfortunately, I'm at the beach soaking up some rays.... Hah. But anyway... I'm not saying that I disagree with what's been said before about WH being more along the lines of who we will face this year. In fact, I think it would be better if we DID face them. These metro teams, in my opinion, hurt us when the playoffs come around. And I know people will second me on that one. So, my plan? And I know Lassiter won't do this.... Score as much as humanly possible (Discarding the TC/Redboiling springs game last year) before half time..... And if it isn't a 3 td lead, then keep on scoring. I know we posses the talent and discipline to do it, so I don't understand why we don't. I know sportsmanship is a factor, but so is fear. Thus, why can't we get like the good ole' boys that used to intimidate the crap out of teams. Similar to what Riverdale has done in years past.... Put up numbers, hit hard on defense(not a problem there), and I think that will give our offense a great advantage when the playoffs come. No more of this 3rd and 40 yds to go and running a draw play. Let's open it up a little bit. What about the '04 team? I mean, I know what happened.... But didn't they score more reg. season points than any other Gallatin squad, period? Gwave, you gotta help me out on that one. Point being, we have the talent to be not only a defensive wall, but at the same time-an offensive whirlwind. And I just hope our coaching staff utilizes that notion in the best possible scenario.

From Pensacola Beach- "Peace"