Surprise 1A Teams

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCA has grown 41.7% and played alot of sophomores last year. They have the potential to be a surprise next season and will likely win the region in 2008.

You never know about Halls.

Lake County would not be considered a surprise.

They'll win the region in 2008 because they'll be the only school left in 1A! :thumb:

Jo Jo is just as good. Is Whitaker playing college ball any where?

1.I've heard of "Jo Jo" and from what I hear he is one of the best to ever play his position.I can't wait to see him in the scrimmage on the 26th

2.Rod(Whitaker) was being looked at by a couple of major colleges maybe even FSU if I remember correctly.Not sure where he plans to go though.

Edited by Can You Be Perfect?

• 2 weeks later...

What I meant by Lake County being a surprise team was that I don't think ure gonna see a 1 and out playoff run. Their competition in early rounds will not be as tough as they were previously.

Not going to be as tough? They will still have to play either Fayette Academy of JCS more than likely in the first or second rounds of the playoffs.

i agree with footballtime,this year is definately gonna be a good one.all the teams have worked hard and trained hard.g-ville,fcs,and tc will be in a dogfight for first place.cant wait till the fall.

I would say those teams were three of the top five or six in the state last year. It will be an interesting season in 2006. Tough situation they can't all advance past that certain point, but that's the way it's lined up.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured Red Boiling Springs would be in the conversation.

They're still trying to build a program down here in RBS...They have a good jr high group to do that with too...I don't expect RBS be extremely strong, but I do have expectations of them competing with some other teams like Monterey, Clay, Watertown, etc...

On a side note I do believe that Gordonsville will be a suprise team...I expect them to give FCS and TC more than they want come game time...and could pull an upset there...