Bearden vs. William Blount

homerun29

Baseballscout.. I am curious to whether or not you were at the same game I was at on Saturday? Yes, Bearden was very "into" the game, but I don't see how you can leave out William Blounts jeers from their dugout.. I seem to remember them telling Bearden's pitcher to "blow them bubbles" and even "blow them", and I also seem to remember a player trying to kick the first basemen during a play, in which he received a verbal warning from the umpire. So, let's put both sides into play before speaking every again.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In both instances the WB players were repremanded for their actions. Albeit the players jawed back and forth at both pitchers. The Bearden players screamed insults at the McGill kid for his cocky demeanor on the mound, adn the WB players obviously didnt approve of the nonchalant bubble blowing from the Bearden pitcher. My case is not with the kids, it is the fact that the Bearden coaching staff allowed to rock shakers into the dugout. That is bush league, and I doubt there are many that will take your side that aren't somehow affiliated with Bearden.

Baseballscout - In the past, i have always looked forward to your posts on this site but never again. Your attack on the Bearden baseball program calling it " a disgrace to the integrity of the game" goes way beyond reason and rational thinking and certainly destroys your credibility. Sure the dugout was loud but Bearden has played against many teams where the visiting dugout was loud. In Tullahoma this year Bearden played against a team that used cowbells to make noise. It was obnoxious but not illegal. If there was anything wrong with what Bearden did against WB the umpire should have stopped the game and required them to stop.

As to the banter between the players and the conduct on the field, I verify the actions of the WB players as stated in the prior reply and know that there were other inappropriate actions by the WB bench.

However, this is not about WB vs Bearden. WB and Bearden played three great baseball games this year and will have many more which we look forward to. The Bearden players and coaches show as much or more sportsmanship as any team in the league. I think most of the players and coaches in the league would agree.

BaseballScout, as you totally impartially watch the next Bearden game I hope that you will see the game from both sides and, somehow, maybe restore the integrity of the game as well as your own.

I was not at the game but I do William Blount is very cocky, loud and obnoxious. I have seen Bearden play on several ocassions and have never seen nothing but class from them. This is the District tournament and emotions are a little higher. For some kids, it is the last time they will play ball again.

I was not at the game but I do William Blount is very cocky, loud and obnoxious. I have seen Bearden play on several ocassions and have never seen nothing but class from them. This is the District tournament and emotions are a little higher. For some kids, it is the last time they will play ball again.

I have heard from several people who have followed Bearden baseball for years that this exhbition on Saturday at William Blount was a new low. I expect coach pitch and maybe minor league games to include some immaturity in the dugout, but not what was portrayed by the Bulldog players. Filling up soda bottles with gravel and shaking them the entire game was a bit childish. You may say that it got the job done, but it also proved that the class of Knoxville is no longer found on Bearden Hill. I never thought I would say this, but South Doyle and Farragut far outweigh the Bulldogs in any form whentrue class comes into play.......shame on you.

Once again, I cannot and will not take sides on the actions of the players. Boys are boys. This is what they are, teenage boys. I can totally rationalize with the need to talk "smack", call eachother names, fight, have ###### contests, all the things the male species is known to do. I can also rationalize the fact that the Bearden players thought that it may be a good idea to put rocks in coke bottles and shake them. However I cannot understand how a coaching staff of supposedly grown men of whom are supposed to teach the game to them the proper way with class and integrity can let a group of boys continue to do this and . . . yes in my opinion and in many others I am sure, disgrace the game. In my opinion that is nothing short of disgraceful; it is domething that should not and cannot happen and should be left to 12 year old softball girls. The cowbell instance is just the same, as I am not partial to either team, just to the honor and integrity of the game. With baseball comes pride and testosterone and jawing and intentionally trying to step on the first basemans foot and hard tags on pick offs and personal attacks at a pitcher with a "mullet". But they cannot be allowed, there has to be some barrier between a coach and his team, and also a barrier between him allowing his players to do this in order to win in what was in my opinion, and MINE ONLY, I speak only for myself though some will no doubt agree, a dsigraceful victory for the Bearden program. And please take off your blinders, I do not say this because it is Bearden. . . I have absolutely no bias towards Bearden or any other team. Just a fan of high school baseball, and saying what I think.

Again Baseballscout (and others), you make it sound like the only reason Bearden won was because of "rock-shakers" in the dugout.. I'm sorry to say that Bearden dominated WB in every aspect of the game... Yes, the noise was loud and obnoxious, but have you ever been to a game at SD? Everyone that has been their to play or watch knows how bad and ruthless their fans can be. Well you know what, who cares! It's baseball, you don't see soccer teams getting mad at the fans with airhorns after they have been beaten. I'm sure they feel it to be obnoxious ,but it is part of the game. So people that feel violated and feel that Bearden has "disgraced" the game of baseball.. Grow up!

Again Baseballscout (and others), you make it sound like the only reason Bearden won was because of "rock-shakers" in the dugout.. I'm sorry to say that Bearden dominated WB in every aspect of the game... Yes, the noise was loud and obnoxious, but have you ever been to a game at SD? Everyone that has been their to play or watch knows how bad and ruthless their fans can be. Well you know what, who cares! It's baseball, you don't see soccer teams getting mad at the fans with airhorns after they have been beaten. I'm sure they feel it to be obnoxious ,but it is part of the game. So people that feel violated and feel that Bearden has "disgraced" the game of baseball.. Grow up!

Hey player. No class is throwing and hitting a former player for your team X 3. Obnoxious is also no class. Too much of this in yoth sports today. Play on the field and encourage your teammates, but don't resort to Willi Mays age stuff. Reported OBNOXIOUS SD fan. GO KEES OR EVEN GO ADMIRALS over the BULL dogs. :thumb:

There's a difference between fan behavior and behavior in the dugout. I wasn't at the game, but some of the things Baseballscout writes about belong in the softball dugout - not baseball dugout. And I don't think he was implying that the behavior had that much to do with the outcome of the game.

If fans are out of line they should receive their criticism as well. A couple of years ago I was very critical of the behavior exhibited by some SD fans when they were playing Farragut in the 4AAA championship game. At that time my comments were directed squarely at the fans. The SD players stayed above all that and exhibited class on the field that night.

Heckling by fans is a part of baseball, although I think it should be limited at the high school level.

I can tell you that rock shaking and chants is not tolerated at the college level. It's an invitation to experience a couple of high and tight fastballs.

Once again, there's nothing wrong with enthusiasm. But there's a right way and a wrong way.

Nice double post! If WB is loud and obnoxious, then there isn't even a word for what Bearden is.