Tennessee State Soccer Champions

gameball

[quote name='g

Tin Man, Your boys could be out tommorrow night unless they pickup the pace, Maryville is a seroius threat..... it would be unusal for no Bearden in the mix

i agree, i think that if Bearden does come out to play, that they will win. The bearden boys have been playing better and have picked it up alot after their defeat against Farragut, they beat MBA and tied a great Houston team.

I do hope to see them advance but i definitely agree that if they do not push themselves tomorrow night that they could find their club team starting early.

GO BULLDOGS!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you soccerman. McCallie and Baylor (ofcourse Baylor has to beat Webb again this week) will be strong in state. I wish people that say things like they will get beat out in the first round would support it how they arrived at that statement. Would love to here you support that statement. Based on what?

McCallie has had two losses to DII Middle Region Teams ( Brentwood and Father Ryan) neithor of which are very strong this year. I think Ryan only won one game in our region. Baylor lost to them but did fair better against some other teams. I was just making an observation not trying to make anyone mad. If i remember correctly doesnt the number one in the east play the number 3 from the middle? MOre than likely it will be the Father Ryan team that faired pretty well against both McCallie and Baylor.

OK, I'll weigh in, but also going to take myself out of the equation. My big 3 are Catholic, Notre Dame, and CCS. What a huge impact Notre Dame and Catholic had across all divisions, not just A/AA. CCS has a new coach, and has done an amazing job (beating Catholic even after they played a lot of games is a feat in and of itself). The ones I wonder about are Madison, Dyersburg, and Westview. CPA also suprised me by only winning districts 1-0 last night.

The deciding factor for the finals is who faces who in state quarters. There is a very good chance that Catholic will play Notre Dame in this game (or possibly that "other" team from Knoxville :thumb: ). I would imagine the winner of that game will make it to the finals. Like I said, IMAGINE. Anything can happen, upsets and such, so teams from the west, please understand that I am NOT disrespecting you. I just don't know enough about you to judge too accurately.

LC and coach Martin. Your fooling no one! Coach, I don't think it is possible for you to retire (what is it, 3 times now? :lol: ) But if you truly do, you will be sorely missed. You brought a whole new level to Lenoir City soccer (and you put up with Coach Munro!) Good luck in your future, and I hope to see you on the sidelines.

[/quote

I dont think the west are really offended that the other parts of the state "over-look us", personally i feel you guys have the right to, we have not really put forth much of an effort in a while, its not as advanced in A/AA here as it is in other parts of the state... But this year is the only year we have a shot so who knows, hope to see you guys at state BigG.. good luck

MadisonLB....YOu are a class poster' GOOD LUCK!!

:D:lol:;)

thanks man, and yes Big G both teams can advance, but martin westview lost to dyersburg tonight 1-0 while usj beat northside 3-2, so on tuesday in regional semi finals on the other side northside plays dyersburg and usj plays martin

Northside can play with real heart when they want, i think they could be an upsetter in this tourny, and usj is so well coached, they have one great coach and a good defense, hard to break down, and martin is such a good team when they play their 1 touch futbol, they have a great coach also, i cant wait to see how these go, unfortunately i have to play in my own game against either sheffield or haywood.... where do you play gameball? good luck to you guys!