GVILLE AND CTOWN

just to mention it. Consolidation had been mentioned earlier. At the time I didn't have a vote, but i was neither for or against it. It would have had alot of upside, like more sports. I wish we could've had wrestling or track or anything, not to mention more classes wouldve been offered. But also, I enjoy a good Gordonsville vs. Smith County game.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to mention it. Consolidation had been mentioned earlier. At the time I didn't have a vote, but i was neither for or against it. It would have had alot of upside, like more sports. I wish we could've had wrestling or track or anything, not to mention more classes wouldve been offered. But also, I enjoy a good Gordonsville vs. Smith County game.

It would have had alot of upside, but also would have upset alot of people. I didnt really care what happened, but like you, I like watching this rivalry, in football and basketball. I still miss watching games in the old Gordansville gym. It was fun to play in.

I have missed alot the last few days...

No school that fields a team should be down graded because they rarely win. They still have high school kids out there sacrificing alot to play a very demanding game. That should warrant respect regardless of the outcome of those games.

Yes, TC has had our number but when was the last time G-ville beat them? I won't comment on the game with SC and TC yet for this year. It is too far away. Next, I don't know if we have ever lost to FC. I know we put spankings on them when we were playing though. Maybe the last couple of years would be different. I doubt it. Could G-ville compete in our region? Yes, for fourth place and their playoff lifes. Could we compete in theirs, OBVIOUSLY. We won more region games than TC did when they were in our region and just as many region championships. Could G-ville compete in 3A, no way... no how. Would G-villes region be tough in 2A, two of the teams would and G-ville is not one of them.

Do we have a gold ball, no. Have we ever played in the minor leagues, no. Has G-ville EVER played the likes of Alcoa or Austin East or Fulton or Goodpasture in the playoffs, NO, with the exception of maybe South Pitt a few years ago or did you even make it far enough to play those guys? I don't remember. Who has the most playoff wins in the last 5+ years, we do. I whole heartedly beg you to play some of our opponents. Then you will know and you will shut up. Play Catholic or LA for non-region games, maybe you could actually get a gate and some money.

As far as this year's game, I don't see it bein much different than last year's. We will have real game experience and that is vital. We will have more depth in that heat and that is crucial. We will have more speed and strength as a whole and that is dominating. Sorry. Have a nice day. :thumb::lol:

Well im a tiger fan and i was wondering who do we have to stop or even slow down sanders passing game. In other words do we have a secondary? We have Vaden from last year who will hit ne body and not think twice bout it and randolph it good but a sissy to hit and can not give or recieve a hit. I heard smith is back there he is known 4 his hitting to. but who else is there?

I have missed alot the last few days...

No school that fields a team should be down graded because they rarely win. They still have high school kids out there sacrificing alot to play a very demanding game. That should warrant respect regardless of the outcome of those games.

Yes, TC has had our number but when was the last time G-ville beat them? I won't comment on the game with SC and TC yet for this year. It is too far away. Next, I don't know if we have ever lost to FC. I know we put spankings on them when we were playing though. Maybe the last couple of years would be different. I doubt it. Could G-ville compete in our region? Yes, for fourth place and their playoff lifes. Could we compete in theirs, OBVIOUSLY. We won more region games than TC did when they were in our region and just as many region championships. Could G-ville compete in 3A, no way... no how. Would G-villes region be tough in 2A, two of the teams would and G-ville is not one of them.

Do we have a gold ball, no. Have we ever played in the minor leagues, no. Has G-ville EVER played the likes of Alcoa or Austin East or Fulton or Goodpasture in the playoffs, NO, with the exception of maybe South Pitt a few years ago or did you even make it far enough to play those guys? I don't remember. Who has the most playoff wins in the last 5+ years, we do. I whole heartedly beg you to play some of our opponents. Then you will know and you will shut up. Play Catholic or LA for non-region games, maybe you could actually get a gate and some money.

As far as this year's game, I don't see it bein much different than last year's. We will have real game experience and that is vital. We will have more depth in that heat and that is crucial. We will have more speed and strength as a whole and that is dominating. Sorry. Have a nice day. :thumb::lol:

I believe two of gordonsville's non region games are against people from 4-2a, and not too many year's ago G-ville played Macon Co. I'll admit that last year Gordonsville could've placed third or fourth in SC's region. They can compete with Westmoreland and York, but if they never play all a person can do is just talk about it. Also not too long ago, G-ville scrimmaged LA twice a year. I know nothing about SC's and G-villes gates, but SC should have a bigger gate. not just because they might be better, but because they are bigger. It only makes sense. When it comes to FC, they get discounted just like any other Single A team that's is any good. People from other classes don't realize how good they are, and I'm confident that TC and FC would go very far into the 2a playoff. I would say that they would probably win, but then there is Alcoa.

As far as G-ville beating SC, I believe, to the best of my memory, that since the last time G-ville won, all but one of the games have been fairly close. So I don't think there is any reason to say that the game is not competitive. I don't know who will win, but I believe this is G-villes best chance in a while. I think it will be a good game. Of course, SC has the numbers every year, and this year they have experience. G-ville doesn't have near the numbers, but they do have experience, so it will probably be a good game. We'll have to see.

Whether G-ville can compete in 2a, it is speculation. but if you look at the schedules and everything. They can compete in 2a, maybe not as much as SC has lately, but they could easily get third in 4-2a if they could beat york. They played Westmoreland close last year, and they beat Upperman. Our enrollment numbers are not even close to 2a, so why even think about moving up.

Edited by croz6110

Well im a tiger fan and i was wondering who do we have to stop or even slow down sanders passing game. In other words do we have a secondary? We have Vaden from last year who will hit ne body and not think twice bout it and randolph it good but a sissy to hit and can not give or recieve a hit. I heard smith is back there he is known 4 his hitting to. but who else is there?

The others that are in the secondary didn't play much last year. linebackers will be able to help out and lay hits on people. I hoping the secondary will be improved from last season, because we gave up big pass plays all year. I pretty sure the D line is better and they may can get some pressure on Sanders, If they don't, it could be a long night.

I believe two of gordonsville's non region games are against people from 4-2a, and not too many year's ago G-ville played Macon Co. I'll admit that last year Gordonsville could've placed third or fourth in SC's region. They can compete with Westmoreland and York, but if they never play all a person can do is just talk about it. Also not too long ago, G-ville scrimmaged LA twice a year. I know nothing about SC's and G-villes gates, but SC should have a bigger gate. not just because they might be better, but because they are bigger. It only makes sense. When it comes to FC, they get discounted just like any other Single A team that's is any good. People from other classes don't realize how good they are, and I'm confident that TC and FC would go very far into the 2a playoff. I would say that they would probably win, but then there is Alcoa.

As far as G-ville beating SC, I believe, to the best of my memory, that since the last time G-ville won, all but one of the games have been fairly close. So I don't think there is any reason to say that the game is not competitive. I don't know who will win, but I believe this is G-villes best chance in a while. I think it will be a good game. Of course, SC has the numbers every year, and this year they have experience. G-ville doesn't have near the numbers, but they do have experience, so it will probably be a good game. We'll have to see.

Whether G-ville can compete in 2a, it is speculation. but if you look at the schedules and everything. They can compete in 2a, maybe not as much as SC has lately, but they could easily get third in 4-2a if they could beat york. They played Westmoreland close last year, and they beat Upperman. Our enrollment numbers are not even close to 2a, so why even think about moving up.

I know FC is good. I'm not "discounting" them at all. But them and TC are seriously the only teams in your region who could compete for the championship yearly in ours. Sorry.

What is your definition of close? Wait, you did say fairly close. I guess that is pretty accurate. And we have many people from other places that come to our games. As a matter of fact, we have lots from G-ville when they want to see a good game instead of what they would see at their own stadium. Sorry. I don't know what else to say. :thumb:

I know FC is good. I'm not "discounting" them at all. But them and TC are seriously the only teams in your region who could compete for the championship yearly in ours. Sorry.

What is your definition of close? Wait, you did say fairly close. I guess that is pretty accurate. And we have many people from other places that come to our games. As a matter of fact, we have lots from G-ville when they want to see a good game instead of what they would see at their own stadium. Sorry. I don't know what else to say. :lol:

I have also seen many people from Carthage come to G-ville games. just like G-ville fans going to SC games. They don't come to see a better game. Their team is either not playing or playing far away. That's why they go to the other teams games. As a matter of fact. I plan on going to watch Sc in Hartsville's Jamboree. You don't have to say sorry so much. you're not hurting my feelings. :thumb:

Vaden might want to think twice about hittin Bass, or Jonathon Evans, or Tez Hembrey, I think all three of them would have no problem gettin by him, if he can keep up. Randolph is the only legit one you mentioned about laying a hit, as far as your secoundary is concerned.

The others that are in the secondary didn't play much last year. linebackers will be able to help out and lay hits on people. I hoping the secondary will be improved from last season, because we gave up big pass plays all year. I pretty sure the D line is better and they may can get some pressure on Sanders, If they don't, it could be a long night.

If our O-line doesn't do alot better than the other night, they probably won't have a problem gettin to him. I would say it was just the weather though. It wasn't just the O-line though, everyone looked a little rough for the first part, but once the rain let up, they all looked a little looser.

If our O-line doesn't do alot better than the other night, they probably won't have a problem gettin to him. I would say it was just the weather though. It wasn't just the O-line though, everyone looked a little rough for the first part, but once the rain let up, they all looked a little looser.

It was probably a combination of the weather and it being the first scrimmage. Gordonsville had their first scrimmage the other night. I didn't get to go but from what I heard they did pretty well for it to be their first real scrimmage. They practiced with Macon Co. previously but I don't think they went full offense and defense. Justin Smith will be in the secondary this year, but with him playing QB, i don't know how much he'll stay in.

I have also seen many people from Carthage come to G-ville games. just like G-ville fans going to SC games. They don't come to see a better game. Their team is either not playing or playing far away. That's why they go to the other teams games. As a matter of fact. I plan on going to watch Sc in Hartsville's Jamboree. You don't have to say sorry so much. you're not hurting my feelings. :lol:

I'm talkin about them coming to our place when G-ville played at home. Because they "wanted to see a better game". That was their words, not mine. Very seldom will one of our fans miss a home game. :thumb: