Webb/Baylor

sivart

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be a close fought match, but Webb will take Baylor to town with a 2-1 win. Webb wants revenge for their unlucky loss against Baylor earlier in the season. What do you think?

I think that it will be a close game. I think that Webb has most of their strength in the midfield and that they are a bit suspect in the outside backfield, just a bit too slow. I can see Chris Bach beating them outside most of the day or other players on Baylor beating them and making good crosses to Bach and Murphy to finish. If Bach's legs are okay, Baylor should win.

I think this will be a close fought match, but Webb will take Baylor to town with a 2-1 win. Webb wants revenge for their unlucky loss against Baylor earlier in the season. What do you think?

Just how was it an unlucky win? Baylor should have sealed it up before they did. Red Raiders have only had one team score 2 goals on them the entire season and Webb is sure not going to do it. Baylor 2 Webb 0.

Based on superior coaching - Baylor by 1. Based on more skilled players add another. Baylor 2 to zip. If you're counting on revenge - don't.

Coach Weakley is a very fine coach, but don't discount Coach David Hultquist of Webb so casually. The coaching differences in this match aren't worth nearly a goal. I think Baylor probably does have more skilled players, but they have that edge nearly every year and haven't been to states since 2002. With Knox Catholic out of the Region this year they have a much improved shot at getting back to states; however, Webb is far from a push over and if Baylor's overconfident, they may get to follow the state tournament from CoachT for the 4th year in a row.

History says this game could go either way. Over the last five matches played between these two teams the results have been:

Baylor 1-0

Webb 1-0

Webb 1-0

Tie 0-0

Tie 0-0

Hard to believe it will be much different this time around. Smells like overtime or PKs to me.