Unaka to Play for District Tournament Title

krichunaka

Unaka has long been the dominant team in Class A softball in upper East Tennessee. They know how to play and more important than that, they know how to win. I expect a pretty good team from Region 2 to head up there next Friday and it should be a good game no matter who wins or loses.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the above reasons are y i dont like ehs they cant stand if it said they got beat yes a scrimmage is a scrimmage and yes players are played out of place but the same goes for unaka so with unaka players being out of place they still won.... unaka is a good quality team just because their conference is weak doesnt mean they are i mean AA isnt to tough what unicoi is the biggest competition... brittany taylor, ryann musick, and the rest of the girls good luck... keep your head up... love yans

Do you or have anyone playing in AA....

:angry: Haha, i have way too much fun reading this stuff. First of all ehsfaithful, you're memory doesn't hold correct this time. No ehs did not beat unaka last year twice. they didn't even play each other in "true" games, or at all.

Second, scrimmage game whatever. Take the posts for what they are, you understood the point that was being made; and the point wasn't to make anyone look bad. I found the comment about Unaka beating Elizabethton flattering to the cyclones considering the fact that #12 fan was talking about good teams that unaka had played this year.

Anyways, good job to EHS in the district tonight. They played Unicoi with all the heart in the world and Unicoi was lucky to get away with that second game.

Good luck Lady Rangers!!

Edited by dedicated001

Do you or have anyone playing in AA....

yes i actually i know quite a few girls playin in AA... there are a couple of girls on EHS's team that i know and quite frankly enjoy talkin to i dont want what i said to be takin the wrong way its not the players i dont like it just most the people that go to EHS... that are very cocky and stuck up... they think they are better then everyone... there are very few that dont... and i dont think anyone has any right to talk down about Unaka... its not there fault they dont have a tough conference... they are a small school and they are dominating... and as for their schedule they play very tough teams.... gl rangers and gl cyclones girls and boys

#12fan put forth the Lady Cyclones name to illustrate Unaka's very tough schedule; a compliment to a very good Elizabethton team.

This season, we have four pretty good teams in the Tri-County area: Johnson County, Elizabethton, Unicoi County and Unaka. Based on regular season and tournament play so far, Unicoi County and Unaka could achieve Greatness. Yet, the Lady Cyclones, themselves, are quite capable of reaching the State Tournament. But to do so, they'll probably have to defeat Unicoi County . . . .at home.

For three decades running, Unicoi has been the undisputed Number 1. I don't know if Elizabethton has ever defeated Unicoi County in Softball. I do know that they came close to beating them in Unicoi County (two-to-nothing for UCHS), and very close in Thursday night's four-to-three thriller.

Since Ronnie Hicks started coaching Unaka, the Lady Rangers' program has stood for excellence. And, incidentally, Coach Hicks won his 500th game a couple weeks back. CONGRATULATIONS!

hvgrad04, Great Post!

Edited by krichunaka

Does anybody know Washburns record? I heard they hadn't won a game this year and i cant find their win/loss record anywhere. Dont want to waste the gas or time if its not going to be much of a game.

No, it won't be much of a game at all... But unless I'm mistaking, they must have at least a few wins, because I thought Hancock County feilded a team this year, giving district 2 three teams.... Anyway, how far would you have to drive?

You wont waste any gas comeing to Unaka to wacth them play Rockwood !

Uhs feild.Friday.4 o' clock. buckshot#o0

"Play with your heart lady rangers & good luck"

I would get there early, this should be an awesome game. If Rockwood comes "ready" to play they will advance.