District 12 A Tournament Team

nanny

Congratulations to the Summertown Eaglettes and Collinwood Trojanettes on a great year!

I am just curious - the Wayne County Lady Cat shortstop, Brooke Skelton, had at least 4 homeruns during the season - and only 1 of these were on what I could consider a short fence (Perry County).

How could she NOT be chosen for the District Tournament team from Wayne County??? :thumb:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Summertown Eaglettes and Collinwood Trojanettes on a great year!

I am just curious - the Wayne County Lady Cat shortstop, Brooke Skelton, had at least 4 homeruns during the season - and only 1 of these were on what I could consider a short fence (Perry County).

How could she NOT be chosen for the District Tournament team from Wayne County??? :thumb:

I don't know anything about any of these teams, but I would assume that what a girl does during the season wouldn't have anything to do with an district TOURNAMENT team. I would think that is based on what both her team, and her as an individual, did in the TOURNAMENT. :lol:

First, there is no All-Tournament team. As was announced last night, there is only a Regular Season All-District Team.

The format for the team is that each team is given a certain number of "spots" based on how they finished the season - 1st gets 5, 2nd gets 4, etc. (I know, I know, I know - I don't agree with this format either).

The spots are then filled based on selection by the coaches. To be honest, normally the way it is done is that each coaching staff selects the ones they think should fill their number of spots from their team - so the Wayne Co. coaches selected their players.

First, there is no All-Tournament team. As was announced last night, there is only a Regular Season All-District Team.

The format for the team is that each team is given a certain number of "spots" based on how they finished the season - 1st gets 5, 2nd gets 4, etc. (I know, I know, I know - I don't agree with this format either).

The spots are then filled based on selection by the coaches. To be honest, normally the way it is done is that each coaching staff selects the ones they think should fill their number of spots from their team - so the Wayne Co. coaches selected their players.

I was at the game last night to watch my team, Collinwood play. I first find it interesting that there is no Tournament team since there is in Basketball, Baseball, etc. however, if the Coaches pick the players anyway, I guess there is not a need for it.

I do remember that there were 4 players from Waynesboro and 4 players from Collinwood on the All District team - should there have been only 3 from Waynesboro?

Also, since no one from Waynesboro was there to claim their award, I would have thought the Coaches didn't know who made the team?

Yea if i had to pick one girl to make the team it would have been Brooke she is one of if not the best on the team...but thats just my opinion and if there were 3 or 4 spots handed out for Wayne Co. then i know she deserved a spot! Who Did make it from the Ladycats?

The coaches here are just not good and they really need to be replaced because every year they have players quit and get into arguments with the players and they are just childish coaches..once again thats just my opinion but i know ALOT of ppl feel the same as i do!

I was at the game last night to watch my team, Collinwood play. I first find it interesting that there is no Tournament team since there is in Basketball, Baseball, etc. however, if the Coaches pick the players anyway, I guess there is not a need for it.

I do remember that there were 4 players from Waynesboro and 4 players from Collinwood on the All District team - should there have been only 3 from Waynesboro?

Also, since no one from Waynesboro was there to claim their award, I would have thought the Coaches didn't know who made the team?

Did they announce the team after the Championship game? Did they receive plaques? I think some of the coaches fell down on their job to let girls know where to be and when.

Here's the list of the District 12 A all district team- Summertown-Mallory Scott(MVP), Beth Long, Emily Franks, Julie Walker, Kendra Davis, Allie Franks

Collinwood- Jordan Martin, Charlee Hollis, Haley Thompson, Lacee Ray

Wayne Co- Emily Shull, Abby Creasy, Kalli Gower, Falisha Holt

Mt Pleasant- Laura Dugger, Samantha Stinnett

Zion- Christy Bowers

Clifton- Heather Ray

Perry Co- Courtney Treadwell, Edie Marshall

Don't know how Wayne Co got 4 when they finished 4th and Perry co finished 3rd and they got 2!!!

"hazbeenballer" I don't know where you got your information, but you are wrong. Waynesboro only got 3 picks for the 12A All-Distrct Team. They were:

Abbie Creasy

Emily Shull

Brooke Skelton

Since the coaches did not tell them to be there at the award presentation, they were given out last night at the High School athletic banquet.

Where did your list come from? :ph34r:

"hazbeenballer" I don't know where you got your information, but you are wrong. Waynesboro only got 3 picks for the 12A All-Distrct Team. They were:

Abbie Creasy

Emily Shull

Brooke Skelton

Since the coaches did not tell them to be there at the award presentation, they were given out last night at the High School athletic banquet.

Where did your list come from? ;)

- the players listed were announced after the District Championship game at Summertown last Thursday night. The listing IS what was announced by the Tournament Director Coach Peterson after the game -