White House-Gallatin Scrimmage

BDPMOM

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard the young guys looked good when they were given a shot. The first team defense allowed 2TD's to a team that's supposed to be one of 5A's best this fall so that's not too shabby either. I heard that the first team offense didn't even manage to gain one first down????? Is that true???? Sounds like that passing game is still a question mark for WH????? What suprises me is that they couldn't just line up and run the football. They are experienced up front this season and have a power back in West running the ball.

Well Gallatin didn't have their spring players either. I think Gallatin was way oversized on the line compared to WH but I think WH did a great job considering we didn't "pass the ball" so there really wasn't a passing game, we ran the ball most of the time. Gallatin of course is a good team and having as many seniors as they do they should do very well. It was a great game for WH to compete with team with that kind of experience.

Next scrimmage for WH is Wilson Central next Thursday night. Should be another good scrimmage.

Well Gallatin didn't have their spring players either. I think Gallatin was way oversized on the line compared to WH but I think WH did a great job considering we didn't "pass the ball" so there really wasn't a passing game, we ran the ball most of the time. Gallatin of course is a good team and having as many seniors as they do they should do very well. It was a great game for WH to compete with team with that kind of experience.

Next scrimmage for WH is Wilson Central next Thursday night. Should be another good scrimmage.

Will that scrimmage be at WH????????

white house did not have their spring sports players

Who played the Quarterback? Did we pass? or did we run the ball? I am confused I guess trying to read the outcome of the scrimmage? Somebody said we didn't run the ball and didn't know why? Then, someone said we did pass and didn't know why we didn't run the ball? Help me out here? :D Did west run? Just trying to figure out what happened... :thumb:

Who played the Quarterback? Did we pass? or did we run the ball? I am confused I guess trying to read the outcome of the scrimmage? Somebody said we didn't run the ball and didn't know why? Then, someone said we did pass and didn't know why we didn't run the ball? Help me out here? :D Did west run? Just trying to figure out what happened... B)

Yes it was confusing. :thumb::lol:

Who played the Quarterback? Did we pass? or did we run the ball? I am confused I guess trying to read the outcome of the scrimmage? Somebody said we didn't run the ball and didn't know why? Then, someone said we did pass and didn't know why we didn't run the ball? Help me out here? ;) Did west run? Just trying to figure out what happened... B)

The quarterback was Parker who was the freshman last season who was challenging for the starting job in the fall before he broke his collar bone. He went the distance for WH at quarterback. Townsend is the team's starting quarterback from last season but he is currently involved in baseball season. I imagine those two guys will battle one another for the starting job at quarterback throughout the month of August.

When it was varsity against varsity Gallatin's varsity got the better of WH's. Both teams got four possessions each and Gallatin scored on two of their four possessions. In WH's four possessions they did not even manage to gain one single first down.

White House's reserves dominated Gallatin's reserves to a count of 4 scores to 1. I do not know his name but the star for WH's reserves was obviously #27 (running back).

White House will scrimmage Wilson Central on Thursday night ;)