independence vs. springfield

all_chap

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope Springfield is better than Glencliff. Otherwise, they're in for a very rough season. ;)

The reality is that Glencliff probably won't win a game this year. While they had a few very talented players, they simply lacked a ton especially on the Offensive and Defensive lines.

That being said, a quick glance at Springfield's roster from last year shows that the team didn't lose a lot (at least in numbers) and was a team last year that seemingly underacheived.

While the past few years have been down years for the Yellow Jackets, they always seem to have a very physical, punishing brand of football to bring to the table. Last season, they lost by very narrow margins to 4 playoff teams (Beech, Clarksville, Kenwood, and Portland).

So realistically, this Springfield team could have very easily been a playoff team themselves. I expect to see a very solid squad on the field Saturday. Let's hope both teams come to play and we get a great scrimmage.

What type of offense does Springfield run? What about defensively--are they about size or speed?

Coming from Springfield...I-65 South to either Goosecreek bypass and head West to Hwy 31 and veer left and the school will be on your right about 1/2 mile. Or you can continue down I-65 South to the Hwy 840 and follow the directions that Donathan gave....Hope to see everyone there.

http://www.wcs.edu/ihs/athletics/football/news_FB.htm

Yes you can continue on i-65 south past goose creek then get off at 840 local traffic exit then proceed to the end of 840 get off andtake a right indy will be directly on the left.

John Utley( I believe) is the players name from Springfield that also plays fullback. He played some tailback for them last year and was also the back in their one- back spread offense that Coach Arrington utilized. The qb( Smith is his name I beleive) is a good runner and has strong legs. They also used the 3-3-5 defense some last year.

Edited by Bama4life

jonathan want be playing and smith isnt the qb. this kid name john mark is and he is a much better qb then smith. Springfield has another linebacker hes on the outside and he is not to be tookin lightly. he plays fullback also he's #4. People notice jonathan before him but people that watch springfield play during season says hes a better and more physical football player than anybody the team. They say hes a d1 player. But you know how that goes. So check him out and tell me how he and the team does.