Summertown Coach Bobby Wyrick

ballfanwm

Congratulations to the Lady Eagles of Summertown on securing a berth in the Sub State with a 1-0 victory over a good Cornersville team, which was Coach Bobby Wyrick's 500th win. Quite an accomplishment. Coach Wyrick coaches by inspiration and motivation, and is respected and loved by his players.

Edited by ballfanwm

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Bobby Wyrick was the assistant coach. The head coach is Curtis Peters.

Coach Peters has never been Head Coach. Coach Wyrick has been Head Coach for 27 years with Coach Peters being his loyal Assistant most of that time.

Coach Peters has never been Head Coach. Coach Wyrick has been Head Coach for 27 years with Coach Peters being his loyal Assistant most of that time.

Congratulations - Wyrick is a classy guy and a great addition to any coaching staff whether an assistant or not -

Do ya'll have a list of the girls that made the 12 A all district team? Another post requested a listing - I believe it was listed under 12 A tourney or something -

Do ya'll have a list of the girls that made the 12 A all district team? Another post requested a listing - I believe it was listed under 12 A tourney or something -

D-12A All District team (regular season - no All Tournament team) -

Summertown - Mallory Scott (MVP), Beth Long, Emily Franks, Julie Walker, Kendra Davis, Allie Franks

Collinwood - Jordan Martin, Charlee Hollis, Haley Thompson, Lacee Ray

Wayne Co. - Emily Shull, Abby Creasy, Kalli Gower, Falisha Holt

Mt. Pleasant - Laura Dugger, Samantha Stinnett

Zion - Christy Bowers

Clifton - Heather Ray

Perry Co. - Courtney Treadwell, Edie Marshall

I don't know where you got your information, but you are wrong. Waynesboro only got 3 picks for the 12A All-Distrct Team. They were:

Abbie Creasy

Emily Shull

Brooke Skelton

Since the coaches did not tell them to be there at the award presentation, they were given out last night at the High School athletic banquet.

Where did your list come from?

Hey Eagle Claw if you could please let me know where your info came from There seems to be a question as to who actually made it from W'boro since I didn't go to the game or the athletic banquet I would like to know.All the other schools seem to be just as you said from what I've heard. I just did some digging to get my info please let me know where yours came from. Wildcat 300 seems to have different info than me and you

Something is not right about all of this??

Just curious, where did you get your information?

Thanks.

This message thread is about Coach Wyrick and the great job that he has done over the last 27 years at Summertown. Team honors are much more important than individual honors. If the players at Wayne County would worry more about improving their game and being a team instead of individual honors they could have had the same great seasons that Collinwood (27-12) and Summertown (30-12) had! Your coaches seem to have the desire to work hard and improve your program.....get on the same page with them. :thumb:

This message thread is about Coach Wyrick and the great job that he has done over the last 27 years at Summertown. Team honors are much more important than individual honors. If the players at Wayne County would worry more about improving their game and being a team instead of individual honors they could have had the same great seasons that Collinwood (27-12) and Summertown (30-12) had! Your coaches seem to have the desire to work hard and improve your program.....get on the same page with them. :)

Congratulations again to Coach Wyrick. He is the perfect example of how hard work, dedication and pratice pays off over time.

Unfortunately, your quote about the "desire" of the Wayne County Coaches to work hard and improve the program does not deserve to be on the same page with ANYTHING about Coach W - the desire is not there!

Again, it's been a priviledge to watch Summertown for the past several year mostly because of Coach Wyrick's work ethic and desire to succeed - this can't be said for all high school coaches -