CAK v. Knox Catholic

Hoya

Hey G, how did it go? I didn't find it in the paper. Unless you did not play, I would think a game of that magnitude would be splashed all over the K-town paper. Do tell.

Not G, but the game is tonight at 7:00 pm at Catholic.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, seeing how this is the 3rd time they play, with the first being a draw and the second a win for the Irish, Im guessing the Irish take the win again. If the Irish had won the first game, then CAK would win this one but since it was a tie...The Irish take this one again...Catholic in a PK Shotout.. :thumb:

The Irish made a little noise by taking the District 4 title from CAK for the first time in years, but tonight's match requires them to step it up far more. CAK will be fired up and will try to come out strong. Catholic needs to defend its home field and establish itself in A/AA. The Region title is yours to take, Irish. Now, it is all about desire. Good luck! :D

I thought both teams played great, lots of intensity, some great opportunities and lots of excitement for the crowd in the cold, Amazing finish by ferguson. Good luck to both teams this weekend and next week. Congrats G, didn't know you could run so fast.

It takes a lot to get me going, but once I'm going, it's hard to stop! Thanks for coming tonight, Akula. Hope to see you at the game Sat.

What a great match! I don't know that I can remember two more evenly matched teams. These teams are now 1-1-1 for 2006. One 0-0 tie, one win to Catholic for the District (2-0) and now one win to CAK for the Region (2-1 in the 2nd OT). There's only one way to break the tie with a game four.

Congratulations to CAK and the Irish for an excellent soccer match. I hope both teams keep winning until they can try to break the tie in the last match of the year. :D

By the way, Sam's goal came with 22 seconds left on the clock in the 2nd OT. The ref added about 50 seconds of extra time. It was a terrific match and an exciting--if disappointing from an Irish perspective--finish.

no way man he had to call it, it was definately a foul and should have been called, just unfortunate for the irish. CAK played really well and had the better of the 1st half, while KCHS had more chances in the 2nd half. really really great game to watch

On a board where teams consistently only lose games because of poor officiating, cheating by the other team, "we didn't bring our A game", "everyone's against us", etc., the KCHS and CAK posts consistently epitomize what good sportmanship is. Congratulations to both schools.

Edited by soccerpro1