Farragut vs. Bearden

marques14

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is VERY hard to beat a team three times... Hopefully we come out preprared once again and take it to them.

I was just about to say that. I think Bearden will be very pumped. It depends on the lineup they run, how Farragut marks Rico, and is Backstrom is "on" (that boy has scored some big goals!) I wish I could be there, but we will have our hands full with those Catholic boys!

well i think Bearden takes it 2-0.

I sincerely hope that if any Bearden players are reading this that they talk their players into not FOULING near their own box. Farragut has great shooters that don't need to be shooting if possible and a stupid foul may cost you something.

Good Luck to both teams.

Who do you guys think will win this one?

I know this isn't fair to Tinman, but too bad. This is his father. He is off running so I get to reply...the dummy left his link on. I think that both teams are very good. Farragut plays a more normal style of soccer- you know, possesion and passing. Bearden is a much more direct style team. I still can't figure out what they are trying to accomplish half of the time! If the players will do what is asked of them, it will be hard for anyone to beat them. One thing that keeps coming up in my mind that no one ever addresses is the reffing! In game 1 of Farragut vs Bearden, I thought I had seen the first game of the year where a ref clearly favored one team (Farragut). Most calls went for Farragut. I'm not saying that Bearden doesn't foul, but fouls happen on both sides. In game 2, the ref was even worse! Farragut did not have a single foul called against them until 22 minutes into the game, Bearden had 7 fouls. In the end Bearden doubled the fouls called. It is certainly possible that Bearden DID foul, however Rico was taken down WAY in the box.... and nothing. That kid could be hit in the face with a bat and wouldn't get a call! More importantly than the number of fouls, it's where the foul is called. Farragut has scored had 2 goals from directs just out of the box. They were GREAT shots..make no mistake, but you won't see a foul called against Farragut within 20 yds of the box. I have yet to see it. I wonder if ANYONE ever gets to review the tapes of the game. Someone should. I hope that in the game 3 it is a different group of ref's. If it is either ref from game 1 or 2- Bearden has no chance. The ref's should be from another region anyway! That would be un-biased. Good luck to both teams... especially on Saturday. A championship game is still possible!

Wait, Are you serious? Will you nicely explain to me how the refs really changed the game. The free kicks the farragut scored on have definately been fouls. And if i remember correctly i think the ratcliffe had atleast 2 kicks from a few yards farther out than Backstroms. If this is true though, i hope its an evenly called game.

I know this isn't fair to Tinman, but too bad. This is his father. He is off running so I get to reply...the dummy left his link on. I think that both teams are very good. Farragut plays a more normal style of soccer- you know, possesion and passing. Bearden is a much more direct style team. I still can't figure out what they are trying to accomplish half of the time! If the players will do what is asked of them, it will be hard for anyone to beat them. One thing that keeps coming up in my mind that no one ever addresses is the reffing! In game 1 of Farragut vs Bearden, I thought I had seen the first game of the year where a ref clearly favored one team (Farragut). Most calls went for Farragut. I'm not saying that Bearden doesn't foul, but fouls happen on both sides. In game 2, the ref was even worse! Farragut did not have a single foul called against them until 22 minutes into the game, Bearden had 7 fouls. In the end Bearden doubled the fouls called. It is certainly possible that Bearden DID foul, however Rico was taken down WAY in the box.... and nothing. That kid could be hit in the face with a bat and wouldn't get a call! More importantly than the number of fouls, it's where the foul is called. Farragut has scored had 2 goals from directs just out of the box. They were GREAT shots..make no mistake, but you won't see a foul called against Farragut within 20 yds of the box. I have yet to see it. I wonder if ANYONE ever gets to review the tapes of the game. Someone should. I hope that in the game 3 it is a different group of ref's. If it is either ref from game 1 or 2- Bearden has no chance. The ref's should be from another region anyway! That would be un-biased. Good luck to both teams... especially on Saturday. A championship game is still possible!

I disagree with your comments about the refs. Bearden's style of play is kick it long and hit real hard, and if i remember correctly a Farragut player got kicked in the face in the first 3 minutes of the game.. try and tell me thats not a foul... then we get taken out right infront of the box on another blantent foul..(when B- Wade scored a ridiculous free kick) and then Cesar made another terrible foul at midfield taking someone out from behind hard and earning a yellow. Now to say the refs are biased is obserb. I can easily say Bearden had double or more fouls than Farragut had that game.

my opinion is that im pretty sure you are biased towards bearden because your son plays there. trevor or whatever his name is. i dunno but your just as bad as the normal tin-man. if the refs are ever for a team 99% of the time its the team playing Farragut. in any sport. yeah i go to farragut so of course i see it dif. than you. but as amny farragut games that ive been to in any sport the refs are against farragut almost every time. everytime we play bearden in basketball. i mean there is no reason one player should shoot 15 more free throws than the other team., Tuesday against West in soccer... just to name a few. i guess we will have to find out who wins tomorrow. GO ADMIRALS!!!

I disagree with your comments about the refs. Bearden's style of play is kick it long and hit real hard, and if i remember correctly a Farragut player got kicked in the face in the first 3 minutes of the game.. try and tell me thats not a foul... then we get taken out right infront of the box on another blantent foul..(when B- Wade scored a ridiculous free kick) and then Cesar made another terrible foul at midfield taking someone out from behind hard and earning a yellow. Now to say the refs are biased is obserb. I can easily say Bearden had double or more fouls than Farragut had that game.

I did not say that the ref's are biased, I DID say that having ref's from another region would be UN-BIASED. Yes there are fouls and Cesar did have a stupid foul, but that doesn't mean that Farragut doesn't foul. What would you like to bet that the center ref will be that bald-headed guy named Chuck, or the older guy that wear's the glasses that was the ref in the 1st Bearden/Farragut game?? It happens every time they play. So go to the game and do what I did in the last game. Get a piece of paper and count the fouls. Then answer this-Do you think that it is possible for 1 team to not have a single foul in the first 22 minutes of a game? Especially a close, hard fought game. As far as the kick in the face...was he going for the ball, or the kids face? If he just Bruce Lee style kicked him in the face... .then that's a foul! Other than that, I say it is an accident.