Farragut vs. Bearden

marques14

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we EVER have Chuck for a game here at Farragut, it's guranteed there is going to be some controversy. Chuck hates Farragut, and will do whatever he can to be the center of attention in every game. He simply loves to confrontation. So to say a game reffed by Chuck at farragut was decided by him, in our favor, is ludacris.

Refs do have some impact on the game, but a great example is our game against West. There were some HORRIBLE calls against us, resulting in both of their goals. But did it decide the game? No. We came back, picked our heads up, and won.

uh yeah this is the original tin-man. sorry about that, he has never wanted to post before so i just leave my name on so i do not have to log-in.

I personally do not care for east tennessee refs either, and i think most people agree. I think we should (for district/region/sub-state) hire refs from West Tennessee, and for state get refs from Kentucky or something.

Everyone can complain about reffing in any given game, sometimes you get the better of it, sometimes you get the worst of it. It is part of the game, but to stop the complaints of "the ref is for Farragut" or "the ref was for Science Hill" we should get refs that do not know about the players.

good luck to both teams, and i will be logging out each time now, i do not see why he had to use my name, but oh well.

i dunno but your just as bad as the normal tin-man.

huh, my goodness, here we go again.

can not tell the difference between being biased and an opinion.

I did not say that the ref's are biased, I DID say that having ref's from another region would be UN-BIASED. Yes there are fouls and Cesar did have a stupid foul, but that doesn't mean that Farragut doesn't foul. What would you like to bet that the center ref will be that bald-headed guy named Chuck, or the older guy that wear's the glasses that was the ref in the 1st Bearden/Farragut game?? It happens every time they play. So go to the game and do what I did in the last game. Get a piece of paper and count the fouls. Then answer this-Do you think that it is possible for 1 team to not have a single foul in the first 22 minutes of a game? Especially a close, hard fought game. As far as the kick in the face...was he going for the ball, or the kids face? If he just Bruce Lee style kicked him in the face... .then that's a foul! Other than that, I say it is an accident.

Tin Man, as you know, a foul is a foul when it is called. It does not matter if it was accidental or intentional. The refs have a direct impact on the flow of the game and if any player allows calls or non calls to change their game plan or get them mentally out of their game, then that player has lost their focus. I have watched Farragut vs Bearden matches for over 10 years and every match is heated and contested on and off of the field and every match has it share of controversy. If the Bearden players allow this to decide the outcome of the match, then I say they are not focused on the objective.

If you spoke to any Farragut player about the West match and the calls made against them, you would probably have many allies in your opinion. Many questionable calls, many yellow cards, one red card, all of which forced Farragut to re-focus on the objective over and over again. The result!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to a great 3rd match between these teams, and hope that the refs and the players will remain focused and that the match will be decided by the play on the field, calls or non calls aside.

:o

Tin Man, as you know, a foul is a foul when it is called. It does not matter if it was accidental or intentional. The refs have a direct impact on the flow of the game and if any player allows calls or non calls to change their game plan or get them mentally out of their game, then that player has lost their focus. I have watched Farragut vs Bearden matches for over 10 years and every match is heated and contested on and off of the field and every match has it share of controversy. If the Bearden players allow this to decide the outcome of the match, then I say they are not focused on the objective.

If you spoke to any Farragut player about the West match and the calls made against them, you would probably have many allies in your opinion. Many questionable calls, many yellow cards, one red card, all of which forced Farragut to re-focus on the objective over and over again. The result!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to a great 3rd match between these teams, and hope that the refs and the players will remain focused and that the match will be decided by the play on the field, calls or non calls aside.

:o

well i happen to agree with you (the other post was my father). I have played when refs were terrible and it seemed like you never get a break, but i find it better not to complain unless it is just blatantly wrong. I agree that players need to stay focused on the game and not let little things bother them for more time then it takes for the ball to re-enter play.

It shows good character by the Farragut squad in that they can refocus and try even harder, i wasn't there, but i hear they had a rough time with the refs.

Good Luck to both teams, i too am hoping to see a great game (that is if the fans would just sit down, man it gets on my nerves when they stand for no reason, but i will get over it).

hmm.. i would have to say Farragut probably 3-2. Farragut has been starting a little slow lately and i sure hope they change that tonight, but i believe that will start them to an early disadvantage. however, just as the West game, they will pick themselves back up and jake russell and ben backstrom will take over. these two are so good, that if farragut can just slow bearden's attack, these two will just take it and score. Good luck to both team's, hope that nobody's nose gets kicked again.

GO ISHMAEL!

Bearden wins 3-0 alot closer than the score. bearden scored twice in last 6 minutes. farragut kind of dominated 2nd half but couldnt put it in the back of the net. nic paolucci didnt play in 2nd half on defense for Farragut. But the point is that it was alot closer thatn 3-0.

tin-man #16 didnt do anything. farragut jsut played like crap and you know it. so dont even say anything about #16 or any other Bearden defender dominating a farragut player. because it didnt happen.