champions league final

MarkT

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very entertaining game. It was back and forth in the first half, with Henry missing a golden chance in the opening 3 minutes. No shame for Arsenal, as Barca are the best team in the world. Unfortunate for Almunia,but he made some crucial saves to give them a chance. Valdes had another outstanding game. I thought Reyes should have been on earlier, but who am I to argue with Wenger? Great game and now it's time to watch the World Cup

Edited by lcsoccer

Very entertaining game. It was back and forth in the first half, with Henry missing a golden chance in the opening 3 minutes. No shame for Arsenal, as Barca are the best team in the world. Unfortunate for Almunia,but he made some crucial saves to give them a chance. Valdes had another outstanding game. I thought Reyes should have been on earlier, but who am I to argue with Wenger? Great game and now it's time to watch the World Cup

i personally think arsenal was the better team, look how hard it was to break them down with only 10 players, i mean their attacks when they got them were more usefull and they were just the better team, but how long can you hold out with 10 men against no question ONE of the best teams in the world?... i think on any other day, 11 vs 11 arsenal would have taken this... this was just one of those days it doesnt go your way though, i personally am not an arsenal fan, manchester united infact... but i felt the referee spoiled the game. i think he should have just played advantage, let the goal stand and play on... instead takes the goal back, sends him off, i dont think that was the right choice... and as for the rest of his calls, how is it that barcelona get 1 yellow card when arsenal had i think it was 4 or something, i mean barcelona had just as many, if not more hard fouls on arsenal players but werent getting booked!!! but as jens lehmann says "what can i do now? sure i am dissappointed, but life goes on"... but it was a great game, hope to see henry at arsenal still next year....

i am somewhat surprised nobody has mentioned eto'o's goal as controversial.

when u see the play live it looks like larsson dummied the ball through for eto'o to race onto, but larsson did get a touch and then play eto'o into an offside position. the espn commentators didnt even mention the fact that eto'o was clearly offside after the touch on.

deco and marquez should receive the dubious didier drogba awards for the game. drogba is known for his disgraceful and enraging (in my opinion) actions when it comes to fouls (diving) and appealing for opposition players to get cards. the way deco was diving all over the place and marquez rolling around toward the end of regular time tryin to waste away the game when he actually fouled reyes was embarrassing just to watch.

also, larsson pulling back almunia when he's about to quickly release the ball up field to waste time was pretty ridiculous.

It was a great game all around. I think, like almost everyone else, that the ref should have let the play go and awarded a goal and given Arsenal's keeper a yellow, but once he blew his whistle his course of action was clear. The call was not incorrect, just unadvised. There was an obvious foul by the keeper who "denied an obvious goal-scoring opportunity", this is an automatic red card as the Barcelona captian was quick to point out. Advantage is always a referees decisions and it is never wrong to not let play go on, just, as I said before, unadvisable.

i personally think arsenal was the better team, look how hard it was to break them down with only 10 players, i mean their attacks when they got them were more usefull and they were just the better team, but how long can you hold out with 10 men against no question ONE of the best teams in the world?... i think on any other day, 11 vs 11 arsenal would have taken this... this was just one of those days it doesnt go your way though, i personally am not an arsenal fan, manchester united infact... but i felt the referee spoiled the game. i think he should have just played advantage, let the goal stand and play on... instead takes the goal back, sends him off, i dont think that was the right choice... and as for the rest of his calls, how is it that barcelona get 1 yellow card when arsenal had i think it was 4 or something, i mean barcelona had just as many, if not more hard fouls on arsenal players but werent getting booked!!! but as jens lehmann says "what can i do now? sure i am dissappointed, but life goes on"... but it was a great game, hope to see henry at arsenal still next year....

yes, arsenal has a very tough defense, but it was only a matter of time before barca broke them down. yes, the ref should have played the advantage but if he had barca would have been up and i honestly don't think arsenal would have been able to score any more than they did even with 11 because they should not have even had the chance for the one goal that they had. when looking at the replay of the "foul," the guy wasn't even touched (can't remember who it was). nevertheless, campbell had a very nicely placed header. to say that any other day arsenal would have one, i think is a bold statement because it didn't seem to me that barca played one of their better games. lastly, to say that the ref didn't hand out enough yellows to barca is partially true but there was only like one other time when he should've handed out a yellow to a barca player. anyway, i respect your opinion but i just don't think everything was completely accurate.

Edited by Jhones