Covington beats USJ 3-0

Chargers06

Posey looked to be throwing hard last night. He looked very good, until he started hitting several USJ batters. :o

Impossible to predict, but I wouldn't be surprised to see these two teams play again in the big show. :o

It was his first game back in a few weeks his control wasnt all there its not like he meant to hit all the batters and during the game if he didnt hit them he struck them out

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WestTn, if you think USJ is a one horse show, you are sadly mistaken. Lest you forget, Sr. Spencer Nelson is the workhorse on this staff and the reigning Class A State Tourney MVP. Gant may get the press, but Nelson deserves the recognition.

Old Timer

I agree, USJ is not a one horse show. I also agree that Spencer is a work horse, however, Clayton is also a work horse. He pitches, sick & hurt. He has great poise on the mound, and Clayton does his job with class. I don't think these two guys are in competition with each other. So we shouldn't pit them against each other. From what I know they are the best of friends. Spencer got District MVP Class AA. (Well deserved) Isn't that recognition?

Edited by lifesapitch

It was his first game back in a few weeks his control wasnt all there its not like he meant to hit all the batters and during the game if he didnt hit them he struck them out

Most of the hits didn't hurt much, but it was starting to get emotional after USJ's shortstop took the one in the face. Covington might of left JP in one inning too long. But, he did get a lot of K's.

Most of the hits didn't hurt much, but it was starting to get emotional after USJ's shortstop took the one in the face. Covington might of left JP in one inning too long. But, he did get a lot of K's.

I think they pulled Posey to early he still had alot left in him

WestTn, if you think USJ is a one horse show, you are sadly mistaken. Lest you forget, Sr. Spencer Nelson is the workhorse on this staff and the reigning Class A State Tourney MVP. Gant may get the press, but Nelson deserves the recognition.

Old Timer

I agree, USJ is not a one horse show. I also agree that Spencer is a work horse, however, Clayton is also a work horse. He pitches, sick & hurt. He has great poise on the mound, and Clayton does his job with class. I don't think these two guys are in competition with eachother. So we shouldn't pit them against eachother. From what I know they are the best of friends. Spencer got District MVP Class AA. (Well deserved) Isn't that recognition?

Not pitting them against each other at all. If you asked either of them, they would say the other is the more deserving. All I am doing is clarifying to WestTnSports that Gant is not the only pitcher that wins at USJ. Gant and Nelson both strutted their stuff at state last year and both are doing so this year. For WestTn to imply that USJ can not get to the AA championship because they have only one pitcher is ludicrus.

Not pitting them against each other at all. If you asked either of them, they would say the other is the more deserving. All I am doing is clarifying to WestTnSports that Gant is not the only pitcher that wins at USJ. Gant and Nelson both strutted their stuff at state last year and both are doing so this year. For WestTn to imply that USJ can not get to the AA championship because they have only one pitcher is ludicrus.

strutting thier stuff in A is good but AA is a tad bit harder

Thanks for the clarifing your meaning. Both of these boys are great pitchers, but more importantly, they are great friends. I look for Clayton and Spencer to "strutt their stuff" at state again this year.

Thanks for the clarifing your meaning. Both of these boys are great pitchers, but more importantly, they are great friends. I look for Clayton and Spencer to "strutt their stuff" at state again this year.

Is Liles allright? Does he play Friday night?

strutting thier stuff in A is good but AA is a tad bit harder

As it is supposed to be. However, I have heard that there were numerous comments made at the State Championships last year from non-partisan coaches and bystanders that USJ would have take Lipscomb last year. Guess we will never know about that, but this year it could happen.... :o