Dobyns Bennett vs Farragut @DB

bud

Show me the trash talk and i'll rest my case....show me when we trashed talked SD after beating you 3-0....did we?? no. .... show me all the thousands and millions(sarcasticly) of post we went spouting off that we were going to win state. To find it you might have to go to page 20 and then u might find that thread....but please find it I'm dying for you to prove your point....because right now your just being annoyying about the whole thing....I mean D-B's season is over and your still complaining about something and bragging(in a way) how Farragut won. Start your own thread about Farragut and root for them and talk about the UPCOMING games, and don't even dare bash or put down the D-B program.

Wow, settle down bwang. Seems like we're having a little temper tantrum like a 12 year old, just calm down buddy. I am being annoying with this? I apologized to you guys if I offended you, and you're trying to go off on me, just settle down man. Its ok, your season is over, our season is over. Move on, let it go, and stop trying to start stuff. People like you are the reason D-B gets trashed so much. Other ones like WacoJaco and Bud and some of those other guys show some class in their posts. All you like to do is go insane on people if they say a word about your beloved Dobyns-Bennett. Learn to accept people talking about you or possibly even critisizing you. Anytime we would lose a game this year, all I'd ever see on CoachT is how South-Doyle got embarrassed and all this. You don't see me saying anything and going psycho on people for no reason. Just accept a loss and let it go man. Please, show a little more maturity out of all of this, on behalf of EVERYONE on CoachT. And by the way, yeah, you all did talk about how you beat us and all that, but that's cool I really didn't have a problem with it. We were outplayed and there were no excuses to our loss. Congratulations on winning your region this year. :P

Edited by vandycomms2006

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no proof......go figure?

My point exactly.

You know, it seems that regardless the times that I say how good you all were this year and congratulate your team on their success, and even apologize for offending anyone from D-B, you still can't look past the little things that have been said. Take a freakin' compliment or apology and let it go. If you want to know where you all talk so much just go look through your posts on D-B: How good are they this year?, D-B Indians: Loaded and Ready. The 2 titles are pretty much self explanitory about how much everyone there thinks the world of the team. So there is your proof. Please, ask ANYONE who isn't a D-B fan on CoachT of which AAA team talks the most of their team and you will get a clear answer.

My point exactly.

And please show some maturity here, it is absolutely pointless to continue to argue about something as trivial as this. You know I'm right, I know I'm right, and everyone else on CoachT who reads this knows I'm right.

Edited by vandycomms2006

You seem pretty mature for a young guy who just graduated. Perhaps more mature than many who post on here. As you form your opinions, consider this: D-B is the winningest High School program in the state in football, baseball, and basketball. I believe basketball leads the nation in total wins. Our baseball coach is definitely the winningest coach in the state, but I'm not rock solid sure on our total baseball standing. I believe we're number one in that one as well. Understand that we are THE red letter game for everyone we play. As soon as we lose, the gremlins come out and call us chokers, overrated, East Tennessee champs, etc. Many don't appreciate the fact that history or not, we are still in East Tennessee. That means less population, lower minority population, and often less overall competition to prepare for the giants down-state. Our people are enormously proud of who we are, but the fact is state championships will always be very hard to come by for anyone in East Tennessee. I say that with a begrudging tip of the cap to Science Hill for their hoops run in the early 90's. So, anytime we lose, expect a certain defensive mentality to arise from our faithful who are used to everyone waiting for our demise so they can trash us. You haven't, and have pointed that out consistently. However, others have, and will continue even when we do win a state title. Then, it will be "D-B recruits."

You seem pretty mature for a young guy who just graduated. Perhaps more mature than many who post on here. As you form your opinions, consider this: D-B is the winningest High School program in the state in football, baseball, and basketball. I believe basketball leads the nation in total wins. Our baseball coach is definitely the winningest coach in the state, but I'm not rock solid sure on our total baseball standing. I believe we're number one in that one as well. Understand that we are THE red letter game for everyone we play. As soon as we lose, the gremlins come out and call us chokers, overrated, East Tennessee champs, etc. Many don't appreciate the fact that history or not, we are still in East Tennessee. That means less population, lower minority population, and often less overall competition to prepare for the giants down-state. Our people are enormously proud of who we are, but the fact is state championships will always be very hard to come by for anyone in East Tennessee. I say that with a begrudging tip of the cap to Science Hill for their hoops run in the early 90's. So, anytime we lose, expect a certain defensive mentality to arise from our faithful who are used to everyone waiting for our demise so they can trash us. You haven't, and have pointed that out consistently. However, others have, and will continue even when we do win a state title. Then, it will be "D-B recruits."

Stonewall, you make some great points there. I mean, you all do have one of the best schools in state athletics wise. Its very true about everyone coming out to shove it in your face whenever you lose. But hey, a team with as much hype and status as D-B, everyone expects them to win, and when they don't...well the school is prime for insults. :thumb: I guess you could say you're a team everyone loves to hate. Thank you Stonewall for showing more maturity than other D-B faithfuls on CoachT.

Edited by vandycomms2006

I hate to break the news to you, DB, but you are not the red letter team for everyone that plays you.....not by a long shot.

Yeah......Probably not everyone, but we are for 95%. Who would that red letter team be for South Doyle there jackit ?

As for as the DB posters are concerned, there is no difference in them than any other school here on Coacht. Every school has their posters that brag, whine, make fools of themselves, make predictions that don't come true, etc. Some posters are just obsessed with DB, and when there is a thread started with DB in the title they just can't help but jump in and say something to start a argument. Sometimes people think that posting on here will make a difference or change something.

I bet this post will not calm one single DB hater. I bet they will still jump on the DB threads and try and start arguments.

Oh and.......I wonder why ole jackit bothered to come on this thread and post if DB is not his "red letter team"

First, I want to say that DB has a very good athletic program. However, I think that many DB fans are still living in the past. Yes, they probably do have the most wins of any High School program in Tennessee. However, many of those wins occured back in the days when players were brought in from far and wide, and their Dads were given jobs at Eastman.

They have 9 State Championships in the major sports. 6 are in Football with the last being in 1960. 2 are in Baseball with the last being in 1957. This leaves 1 for Basketball in 1945.

For many years, going to play DB was like bringing a knife to a gunfight, and DB had the gun. That is no longer the case. They still have a very good sports program, but 46 years without a major sport championship doesn't make other schools quake in their boots.

Ok BigFly, You put um' up and I'll knock um' down.

To set the record straight. Most of DB's wins in all sports have come in the "modern day" not "back in the day". "Dad's" came to Kingsport for employment at Tennessee's largest employeer, not so their sons could play sports at DB. "Back in the day" they would buy a house close to Eastman so they wouldnt have far to drive and lots of employees walked to work. A very small percentage of their kids even played sports (then and now).

I don't recall anyone from DB ever claiming to make any other school "quake in their boots". What we have said is that everyone "gets up" for DB. Because they know if they can beat them they have beaten one of the best. DB usually gets everybodys "A" game.

When you were young, were you a Maggot, or a Blowfly ?

Bigfly, perhaps you are right, but it's more daunting facing the Indians than you might want to admit. Are there more dominant programs right now?.....absolutely. But, they have to pick their spots. Look at this year for example. This was by no means a dominant class for D-B athletics. It will be remembered as a blue collar group that overachieved in many respects. Still, look at the tally for the 3 major sports for the year. Football - conference champions. Basketball - substate finalists. Baseball - substate finalists. Are there many other high schools this year that say the same thing? I doubt it, and again, this was a very down year athlete wise in Kingsport.

Our "Red Letter" games here are against the teams in our district...Farragut, Bearden, SD, WB, or even Halls from the other region because we know if we beat them that we have beat the BEST.....SD (1st regular season district champs...Farragut (go to state every year)...Bearden (always have a strong all around team...good luck to the kendell's out at Bearden the rest of the way), WB(big county rivalry that they have controlled the last two years in baseball anyways)...Halls (always fun to plays those guys because they have some of the best)

Now having said all that...DB might not have been one of our "Red Letter" games but we knew that if we beat them or just hung around with them that we had a good chance to beat anybody because they were that good.

It is the same way for us in football.