Riverdale vs. Ravenwood Scrimmage

This was reported at Ravenwood about 1 hour after the scrimmage ended by Coach Rector. One of the Riverdale Team Football Buses had wrecked on Wilson Pike in Williamson County. All we could find out from the cell phone call was injuries were reported with some going to the hospital. Our prayers are with Riverdale team and families tonight.

The bus hit a curve and almost turned over completly, the bus looked preety bad but only some minor neck injurys happened but it seems everyone was alright.

As for the scrimmage Riverdales offense was killing tonight. The o line was clicking and so was Scott. Guess he had to show out for his bro in attendance

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case, then Ravenwood got the worse end of the deal. The starting QB broken his right hand at the start of the scrimmage and will be out for a while it seems.

No doubt there was a hole going off left tackle, which resulted in some short TD runs on the short side field scrimmage. I wouldn't take comfort in that. We had some players still healing up from off season surgery. It will be fixed hopefully before scrimmaging MBA next. That's what scrimmaging all about, finding and correcting weakness.

It been fun watching Ravenwood scrimmage some of the area better teams like West Wilson & Riverdale. Ravenwood focus is on getting prepared for the first game of the season with BA. We need all the tough competition to expose any weakness Ravenwood may have during the scrimmages because BA will be tough. I know how much Riverdale likes BA so wish us luck. Strange thing is, losing the very first game of the season to BA has lead teams to State Championship. It occurred with Brentwood in 2002 and Ravenwood last year.

Curious, what is the 1st game this year for Riverdale? Any history or importance in playing the first game of the season for Riverdale?

If that's the case, then Ravenwood got the worse end of the deal. The starting QB broken his right hand at the start of the scrimmage and will be out for a while it seems.

No doubt there was a hole going off left tackle, which resulted in some short TD runs on the short side field scrimmage. I wouldn't take comfort in that. We had some players still healing up from off season surgery. It will be fixed hopefully before scrimmaging MBA next. That's what scrimmaging all about, finding and correcting weakness.

It been fun watching Ravenwood scrimmage some of the area better teams like West Wilson & Riverdale. Ravenwood focus is on getting prepared for the first game of the season with BA. We need all the tough competition to expose any weakness Ravenwood may have during the scrimmages because BA will be tough. I know how much Riverdale likes BA so wish us luck. Strange thing is, losing the very first game of the season to BA has lead teams to State Championship. It occurred with Brentwood in 2002 and Ravenwood last year.

Curious, what is the 1st game this year for Riverdale? Any history or importance in playing the first game of the season for Riverdale?

siegel is the first game.

first and formost though, thank GOD those boys are okay. id bout rather lose my own life then have to see teammates rest in a coffin. i think the bus consisted of mostly younger guys (rising sophmores), but i talked to tim grove who was on the bus and he said they were on the ceiling and the bus came feet from going off a 20+ foot enbankment. heard the bus was totaled but thankfully the lives inside where protected by the hands of God. i think some guys got some pictures on camera phone so if i can get ahold of them i will try to post soemtime within the next week.

scoring breakdown- thomas: 3TD's, mayes, vanhoose, ebalarosa, burnett, and slater all had a TD a piece. also heard mayes and boykin had picks on defense, and deandre miller had a fumble recovery. sounds like shaun bell and a host of warriors forced a safety also, heard the quaterback fumbled, picked the ball up and saw what was about to run threw him and wanted none of it :o. he took a knee. I HAVE TOLD ALL THE DOUBTERS HERE ALOT OF GUYS ARE MAKING A NAME FOR THEMSELVES. AINT NO SHORTAGE OF FOOTBALL PLAYERS AT 802 WARRIOR DRIVE, THEY AINT HURTIN NONE :D

talking to another player he believed scott was the offensive MVP and atakpu was the densive MVP of the scrimmage. also sounds like coacht's own SCN08 and CantStopTheChop did very well also ;)

Edited by tdntn

I thought Ebalaroza had a TD run of about 25-30 yards. Is he #19?

Did Goree play some center today? I saw a #99 lining up at center I think. That was with the 2d or 3rd O-line.

Boykin played well. The backup DBs played the majority of the scrimmage and got in some great work...learned a few lessons too.

Scott had a good scrimmage. He threw a couple picks which is pretty unusual for him.

I thought Ebalaroza had a TD run of about 25-30 yards. Is he #19?

Did Goree play some center today? I saw a #99 lining up at center I think. That was with the 2d or 3rd O-line.

Boykin played well. The backup DBs played the majority of the scrimmage and got in some great work...learned a few lessons too.

Scott had a good scrimmage. He threw a couple picks which is pretty unusual for him.

yes i talked to someone and they confirmed it so that would have actually made the score 8-1. ebal is a heck of an athlete.

i think a few of the defensive linemen are practicing double duties right now. we have a really good oline but dont have as much depth this year if someone was to go down.

Was the blocking schemes better or did Ravenwood blitz as often as CC did

I hope rwood can get their act together because even though it was a pretty big diff. in scores the only thing that looked like it was workin together was their d... whoever 23 for rwood looked a lil shy running the ball and danced to much when he has the body to run over people..... GOod luck to both of yal this season..